IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Annoying O2 problems, Really annoying...
DaKa
post Oct 14 2008, 14:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,397

Hey guys, I am not sure if I post this at a good spot, nor this question was put up (I didn't find it), but I encountered a really annoying problem after finishing JB's Modelling tutorial -by the way, thanks JB!-. I have checked the model's fingers and I didn't found any problems in O2, but when I am looking at it in-game, the fingers are all screwed up, the soldier isn't holding the rifle properly and the helmet right side is at all times in shadow (even when I turn the guy to the sun). I would really apreciate if anyone would know how to cure my problem. Thank you!

P.S.: If needed, I could put up a picture for you guys.

Quote Post
modEmMaik
post Oct 16 2008, 20:27
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 3,904

Well, I hope that I can help you, but I have only little experience in "Soldiers Models".

As far as I know, the position of the fingers depend on the corresponding rtm animation. I think those need defined "starting positions"of the finger's bones. Simply check you memory LOD against the BI samples.

Permanent shadows may be linked to the shadow LOD. Simply remove the head temporary in the shadow LOD to check this. When the shadow-issue is gone, try to resize the head in the shadow LOD. Also take care that all objects in the shadow LOD are closed, do not have any texture and the faces are triangled.

Quote Post
DaKa
post Oct 16 2008, 22:14
Post #3

You guys can call me a NOOB, but I honestly don'k know where to find the head shadow LOD, I am greener than I thought. modEmMaik, thank you for the reply, and if you know where to look for the LOD, please tell me, I am trying to get used to the O2 and all of its "stuff", so sometimes I may put up some green questions. LOL I almost lost all hope of a reply, so Maik, I owe you a beer drunk.gif !

Quote Post
modEmMaik
post Oct 18 2008, 12:02
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 3,904

O2 LOD selection pic

I hope this helps. On the right top, you see the LOD-selection window. Double click on the LOD you want to select.

The drop down menue shows LOD selection window active.

When you run into more problems, BRSSEB's tut's are excellent. Alternative tutorials can be found here

have fun,
mike

Quote Post
DaKa
post Oct 18 2008, 16:20
Post #5

Thank you, I'll look into it!

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:57