Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules
> Iam New To This World :-D
Olly-Weston
post Feb 3 2010, 16:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,178

Hi Guys And Girls,

First, a little about myself. Ive been a gamer for as long as I can remember. Ive spent most of my time on the console front, more to the point, call of duty. But dont get me wrong, Ive been playing the flashpoint games for a very long time now. It was by chance that I got into operation flashpoint, a simple thing of walking into game as a little kid and just picking a game randomly that looked like good fun to play. I never put OFP cold war crisis down after that. The arma armed assault came out and the times when the computer could run it, I had great fun. But, when the computer went wrong, I moved back into the world of play station. w00t.gif

With the loss of my grandfather recently, I came into some money and decided to treat myself to a new PC. The old one was 6 years old and falling, so I thought what the hell. It was custom built by dell and arrived last week. In the words of my best mate, “ holy **** thats a beastie PC. Yes I said, I should hope so for 1200. Iam not really clued up on computers, but from I can tell, an i7 quad core and NVIDIA ( right spelling?) 9600 GTS x 2 is good right? Its got all the other bits and bobs, genuine windows 7 64 bit and the rest, so iam guessing ive done all right.

The reason I write this rather long post is because as a computer novice, I feel rather thrown in the deep end when it comes to downloading add ons /mods for arma. Iam a big WW2 fan and I keep seeing all these lovely mods and vehicles for that era, but I don know how to get them to work. Could someone please be kind enough to write a “how too” for idiots please, it would be greatly appreciated. Please do not flame me for being such a noob, it cant be helped. And as for flaming for being a console player, all I can say is Ive learnt the error of my ways. Iam home sweatingbullets.gif

If i have posted in the wrong section, would a admin kindly move it to the right one.

Olly

P.S can anyone recommend any good WW2 vehicle mods please? helpsos.gif

This post has been edited by Olly-Weston: Feb 3 2010, 16:38

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:46