Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arma 2 what a let down
camious
post Jun 9 2009, 19:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,965

I bought german version because i could not wait untill uk release i have been enjoying the campaign untill all the bugs and the ai is at times still thick but of all things i thought they would of fixed is the ai having x-ray eyes as the BTR 90 finds you to easy. The one thing i hoped they would of done was improved the editor so that you would have under support M119, mortar, helicopters, ambulance, MLRS etc so that you could just put them on the map and then in the mission be able to call them up without scripts to support you this alone would make me rave about this game, may be they will in a download soon i can only hope as i have been told OFP 2 has this in there editor so may be that is the one to buy so that missions are quicker to make and start playing. Dont get me wrong it is a good game the graphics and effects have improved and the campaign is much better than Arma but thats about it.

Quote Post
JackFlash
post Jun 9 2009, 20:05
Post #2

Guests

hahaha i hope it's not sh*te...
i know it's pretty much the same engine as arma1
but then again what can you expect of bis

anyway i've preordered it in the uk =\

let the community make the game. lol

Quote Post
camious
post Jun 9 2009, 23:54
Post #3

Member No.: 2,965

After checking the BI forum it looks like there is some good things in the editor like the modules the som one if you put it on the map will generate missions for you and as for the arti that was not hard to do after all read this it will give you a tase of things http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Artille...iring_Interface sorry if i should not of put the link.

Quote Post
Zipper5
post Jun 10 2009, 09:50
Post #4

Member No.: 175

Make use of punctuation more often please. blink.gif

The one thing i hoped they would of done was improved the editor so that you would have under support M119, mortar, helicopters, ambulance, MLRS etc so that you could just put them on the map and then in the mission be able to call them up without scripts to support you this alone would make me rave about this game

Well, you already found out that isn't true, but it's hardly a game breaker.

may be they will in a download soon i can only hope as i have been told OFP 2 has this in there editor so may be that is the one to buy so that missions are quicker to make and start playing.

I haven't seen anything mentioned about that in DR, and I've been following both games closely.

Quote Post
NZDF CRASH
post Jun 11 2009, 00:22
Post #5

Member No.: 3,684

I've downloaded Arma2 and previously had the same pre-conceptions about aa2 but honestly it is a massive jump from armed assault 1 to armed assault2 but have changed my opinon about it as its a massive improvement with missions and even a playable campaign. To use MLRS and UAVs you have to syncronise them with the corresponding game logic to utilize them properly + civ and animal logics which make for a polulated town full of civilians and animals + civ vehicles which is a nice change when compared with the baron armed assault 1

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:37