Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Long Live OFP
SteampunkShoni
post May 7 2008, 16:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,098

Well, i'm new to these forums, and can't wait to once more, get stuck into the fun and wacky modding realms of ofp.
You probably never heard of me before, i used to just willow in the backgrouds of Ofp.info.
Sad news to me, Yeah, iv;e only just realized that legendary site is now six feet under. drunk.gif Gutted!
Ahh well, i want to return to feeling the ofp 'buzz' again.Ok, i'm decades behind here guys; need to install all those wonderful tools and utilities again. Malajn.gif

So basically, i'd like to mod the game myself this time Round. Now i'm a great modeller, and fairly epxerienced texture artist!
I Prefer to working with 3ds Max 9.
So, are there any scripts for max that can import ofp's unique shockwave format!
I hate using O2.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by SteampunkShoni: May 7 2008, 16:51

--------------------
'If your mechanical design, models or art look convincing, rest assured, i guarantee you they will probably work.'

Quote Post
JdB
post May 7 2008, 17:37
Post #2

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(SteampunkShoni @ May 7 2008, 17:49) *
So, are there any scripts for max that can import ofp's unique shockwave format!

Shockwave?!?!? I think you mean P3D...

OFP uses an edited form of the P3D format. You need P2MS and LithUnwrap to convert to .3ds format, which can be imported by MAX, both of which can be downloaded from my website.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Cervo
post May 7 2008, 21:54
Post #3

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Yeah, iv;e only just realized that legendary site is now six feet under

Site is still alive! http://ofp.gamepark.cz smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
SteampunkShoni
post May 8 2008, 10:25
Post #4

QUOTE(Cervo @ May 7 2008, 21:54) *

Yeah i figured, Just that the forums are dead. cool.gif

Thanks, I already have lithunwrap. Blender, O2, Objp3d and p3d0bj. And all sorts of other crazy apps. But i can't see what use lithunwrap is going to be, if i already have p3dtobj.

The question here is, can we rig up ofp characters in max? How do we add vertex weights that can be recognized and saved, as the p3d or obj is exported. Tonnes of mods use cutom characters with various anims and vertex weights.
I'm not looking to just export as static props as such, more geared towards editing animations and bones

Suggestions?

Best regards.

--------------------
'If your mechanical design, models or art look convincing, rest assured, i guarantee you they will probably work.'

Quote Post
SteampunkShoni
post May 13 2008, 19:21
Post #5

So how can we add bones to p3d's then?
Or is there an existing mod app that can add bones using existing ofp Bots as donors?

There must be someway to rigg up the characters.

Ensign

Shoni.

This post has been edited by SteampunkShoni: May 13 2008, 19:22

--------------------

Quote Post
LT. Drake Jackson
post Aug 3 2009, 03:45
Post #6

Member No.: 5,875

QUOTE(Cervo @ May 7 2008, 17:54) *

I support Cervo!!! worship.gif
The ofpr.info site is still open and well, forums closed becousecos Cervo didnt have much people to manage it but Iam with him, he has a life before OFP and ArmA and he cant be watching both big pages at the same time!
But I appreciate (I mean to say he makes a good work I think) that he makes a good job making that page stand on with the latest OFP news and addons, mods, islands for everyone!

Great job dude!

PD: I dont have english as a first lang I speak spanish but I still know something cos there is less than a year I dont study my advanced english and I try to keep it fresh in places like Teamspeak, forums and OFP itself.
Thats why I have some errors...

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:10