Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SARMAT STUDIOS: WW-II addon pack
SMERSH
post Mar 6 2009, 21:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,455

SARMAT STUDIOS: WW-II addon pack

This pack is the collective work. We hope you will like it and it will find good place in the ArmA.

Add-ons:

- "Tiger" heavy tank (Germany)
- Crew (Germany)
- Wehrmacht infantry (Germany)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Add-on: PzKpf VI "TIGER"

* Model: Conwert

File name: sarmat_pzvi.pbo

Selections and Lods: SofD & SMERSH

Scripts and config: SofD

Camouflage types: 4

- Winter
- Grey
- Camo
- Desert

Numbers for each camo types.

You can set the tank number manually - Code\String for the numbers script:

In the initialization: [name, number] exec sarmat_pzvi\scripts\set_number.sqs

Numbers from 0 to 999

Realized:

- Random tank numbers
- Double exhaust
- Hatch animations
- Suspension work
- Damage texture and model
- Course MG
- Turret MG
- 4 crew members
- Cannon recoil
- Real time of the reloading and of the turret turning
- Real crosshair for each weapon type
- Ammo of all weapon types
- Driver viev
- New shoot sounds for all weapons of the tank
- New sounds for engine
- Track moving sound
- New sounds

Add-on version: FINAL

WARNING!

This add-on requires crew add-on sar_ww2.pbo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Add-on: Panzer crew

File name: sar_ww2.pbo

Author: SMERSH

Unit types:

- Soldier
- Officer

Add-on version: 1.0

WARNING!

This add-on requires crew add-on gms_mp40.pbo

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++

Add-on: Wehrmacht Infantry

File name: sar_ww2.pbo

Author: SMERSH

Camo types:

- Camo
- Grey
- Dirt

Unit types:

- Soldier
- Officer

Add-on version: 1.0

WARNING!

This add-on requires crew add-on gms_mp40.pbo

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++

Add-on: MР-40 Submachinegun

File name: gms_mp40.pbo

Author:
GMS

Weapon classes: gms_mp40

Magazines: gms_mp40_mag

Code:

removeAllWeapons this;this addmagazine "gms_mp40_mag";this addmagazine "gms_mp40_mag";this AddWeapon "gms_mp40";this addmagazine "gms_mp40_mag";this addmagazine "gms_mp40_mag"

Add-on version: Alfa

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MIrror removed

Modest translator: VulF

Ps: On some sites write, that I violated what that copyrights. I want all who so talks to answer:

We wasn't break any laws - we don't sale this add-on, we spread it for free. This model wasn't converted from any game, this is free model. If someone want to know from where is it - read "Readme.txt".

This post has been edited by Deadeye: Mar 8 2009, 20:03

--------------------

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Mar 6 2009, 21:35
Post #2

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

Awesome ! Thanks a lot guys ! smile.gif

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

DOWNLOAD - SARMAT WW2 Addon Pack (v.1.0) - [62,4 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

We have also added this release to your personal author profile
If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :
CODE
[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[URL=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=825]DOWNLOAD - SARMAT WW2 Addon Pack (v.1.0) - [62,4 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info[/URL]

--------------------

Quote Post
Imutep
post Mar 7 2009, 20:55
Post #3

ArmAdeus
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 559

The" Tiger" looks great ingame. Thx, this is what i'm searching for my WW2 mission. thumbsup.gif

--------------------

German Mission Editing && Scripting Website

Quote Post
Jojimbo
post Mar 8 2009, 18:02
Post #4

Member No.: 2,148

Scroll down to the bottom
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4997

This post has been edited by Jojimbo: Mar 8 2009, 18:07

--------------------

Quote Post
SMERSH
post Mar 8 2009, 19:05
Post #5

Jojimbo - to me however, that there down on this site, I violated no copyrights and I wrote already about it, if you read text of release would see that it.

QUOTE(SMERSH @ Mar 6 2009, 21:03) *
Ps: On some sites write, that I violated what that copyrights. I want all who so talks to answer:

We wasn't break any laws - we don't sale this add-on, we spread it for free. This model wasn't converted from any game, this is free model. If someone want to know from where is it - read "Readme.txt".

--------------------

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Mar 8 2009, 20:06
Post #6

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

SMERSH : I have removed our Mirror until this error is sorted out. I'll leave this topic open for further discussion and investigation. But everybody keep in mind to bot to insult or attack anyone. Otherwise severe consequences will follow !

Keep it civil !

Edit: These are the models mentioned in the readme : http://3dsmax-expert.blogspot.com/2008/09/...rs-of-wwii.html

--------------------

Quote Post
SMERSH
post Mar 8 2009, 20:32
Post #7

Really is there a model author which ob'yavil the rights?
I wrote where I took a model but it is a model only.
Really do not you know how many labour what would be necessary did it "come" back to life?

I behave to it so:

A tree grew. He cut away by a worker. Cut him to pieces a tree and gave one piece master Carlo. Master planed a boy and a doll came back to life. So who at that rate is a father of boy (Pinoccio) a tree, worker or master which brought back to life a doll?

I consider that father who brought back to life that:)

Ps: Say me who to specify as a model author, I will specify it in read me in the next version of addons and all will be satisfied.

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 8 2009, 22:41
Post #8

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(SMERSH @ Mar 8 2009, 20:32) *
Really is there a model author which ob'yavil the rights?
I wrote where I took a model but it is a model only.
Really do not you know how many labour what would be necessary did it "come" back to life?

I behave to it so:

A tree grew. He cut away by a worker. Cut him to pieces a tree and gave one piece master Carlo. Master planed a boy and a doll came back to life. So who at that rate is a father of boy (Pinoccio) a tree, worker or master which brought back to life a doll?

I consider that father who brought back to life that:)

Ps: Say me who to specify as a model author, I will specify it in read me in the next version of addons and all will be satisfied.

The worker that cut away the tree (made the original model and textures) deserved just as much credit as the person that made the doll (you). The website and author's name that you got it from are not mentioned, and the textures are a 100% match with those of the Day of Defeat Tiger tank, with badly applied normal map (derived straight off of the base texture. You never said anything about the original creator of the textures either, and you certainly didn't make them.

And it's not just mentioning people in your readme that is required, the original creators (of both model AND textures) must agree with you using their content in the first place as well. It's not about what you feel is right, it is what the community sets as a standard for the protection of Intellectual Property that you need to comply with.

This post has been edited by JdB: Mar 8 2009, 22:43

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
SMERSH
post Mar 8 2009, 23:33
Post #9

I wrote in read me all that I knew about this model and textures and I wrote a site from where I took a model.

Model: Free 3d max format, granted by wwho
You can download the model from: http://3dsmax-expert.blogspot.com
Textures: Free ,tga format

I hid nothing and did not appropriate itself stranger merits on creation of model and textures. I compelled this model to work in a game and it is my merit. you know who author of this model - name and I will specify him in read me.

Really did the author of this model appear and forbade me to use it? Really did an author forbid a that site where did I take it - to place it? I do not SELL this addition, I diffuse it - FREE OF CHARGE and I break no legal laws.

Say me why on some sites forbid the flush-off of my addition?
Really is there prohibition of author a model on it?
Really in my addition one tank?
There is yet an infantry and weapon which we did.

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 9 2009, 00:33
Post #10

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(SMERSH @ Mar 8 2009, 23:33) *
Really did the author of this model appear and forbade me to use it? Really did an author forbid a that site where did I take it - to place it? I do not SELL this addition, I diffuse it - FREE OF CHARGE and I break no legal laws.

Say me why on some sites forbid the flush-off of my addition?
Really is there prohibition of author a model on it?
Really in my addition one tank?
There is yet an infantry and weapon which we did.

It doesn't work that way. Someone doesn't need to search the internet to ensure that their stuff isn't used without their permission, it is the responsibility of the person wanting to use other people's creations to acquire permission from the original creator, not the other way around.

Textures: Free ,tga format

You still haven't told us where you got that texture from exactly. Seeing as it is the exact same texture as is on the Tiger in Day of Defeat, which is sold on Steampowered.com for $9,99, that makes it distribution of commercial content, which is illegal.

--------------------

Quote Post
SMERSH
post Mar 9 2009, 11:18
Post #11

Are you official representative Steampowered.com?
I do not see the representatives of this campaign here.

It is not necessary to invent a problem there where they are not present.
I gave you a good tank - play and not engaged in nonsense.

If you want to observe all those rules that you write that write it those who placed a model namely
http://3dsmax-expert.blogspot.com

It is not necessary me to tell a fairy-tale what all good and that all observe intellectual rights. a 80% adding to ARMA is created on the basis of models taken from the internet and your the fashions is not an exception. Simply all take such model, other teksturs draw and it is talked is my model. I do not do so, I honestly wrote that model and texture not my.

Even BIS does not observe copyrights:)
I did a campaign and mission which were placed in the Gold issue of ARMA, a scenario of this campaign and mission is my intellectual property but to me for it nobody pays no money:)
So it is not necessary me to tell a fairy-tale as all observe rights.

--------------------

Quote Post
Jojimbo
post Mar 9 2009, 11:52
Post #12

Member No.: 2,148

I am sorry smersh,really,but those files on the 3dmax site are just too good to be true,
why would the original creator of this awesome professional work release them to be downloaded
from filedeposit.com (LOL) with absolutely NO readme from himself.

even if he did read the disclaimer from their site.
Disclaimer IMPORTANT:
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites!
On this page you won't find any stuff, only links to other resources. All information and links are here for educational purposes only and are intended to satisfy the curiosity of our visitors only.
If these links and information are used in purposes other than educational, all responsibility is shifted to the end-user. The creators of this site take no responsibility for consequences of using provided information on this site.
*** If you liked any content - BUY THIS! ***
Agreeing with this Disclaimer You undertake obligation not to use links and information from this site for purposes forbidden by The International Laws. If You agree with these terms you are welcome to continue using materials provided on this site. Otherwhise You must leave this page immediately!
The files published for download herein are intended for informational and/or educational purpose solely and not for commercial use.
If you have any doubts about legality of content or you have another suspicions, feel free to contact us directly by e-mail.

look above,the bold letters state download for informational and/or educational purpose
I guess thart rules out conversion,import and release for a 3rd party game

The bottom line is YOU didnt make it,and theres something not right about it
just like theres something not right about imports from GTA IV,S.T.A.L.K.E.R OBLIVION etc etc

Would it make it right if I imported those Russian Soldiers that came with the tank?
there is absolutely no information about who to contact or e-mail associated with those files,
and even if there were and I got permission,why am i even modding at all?

I bet a swift e-mail to
that USER site will see this link dissappear overnight

This post has been edited by Jojimbo: Mar 9 2009, 12:04

--------------------

Quote Post
SMERSH
post Mar 9 2009, 11:57
Post #13

I already answered all questions and said that I think about it. Did you express the point of view, let us not convert this talk into the talk of two people, can will wait what will be said by other? And yet I do not understand in what your personal personal interest, I see that exactly the members of your command arranged this action:)

Legal certificate:

Under violation of copyrights the followings actions are usually understood:
* creation of copy and its sale;

I do not sell and does not get from it an income and inflict no damage legal owners arrived.
Well read laws and many questions will fall off at once.

This post has been edited by SMERSH: Mar 9 2009, 12:28

--------------------

Quote Post
bdfy
post Mar 9 2009, 18:04
Post #14

Member No.: 1,712

Actually i'm sure administration is overreacting. though it may contradict with common sense, it's still right way to go.
Day of Defeat is very very old half-lfe mod. i'm quite surprised model ported from that old game can take positive feedback.
i believe that author took model/texture from that free site.
it's not his fault, it's ambiguity.but by the rules it will be removed anyway. Frankly speaking quality of this addon is below ofp level anyway, let it bee configuration trial for the author wink.gif
the only thing that can be done is contacting actual authors. If actual contacts can be found - post it here.

btw there're lots of ported stuff in arma wink.gif for ww2 related stuff here's good example
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1321
i don't know though whether those wip shots progressed to actual release

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 9 2009, 18:35
Post #15

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(bdfy @ Mar 9 2009, 18:04) *
Day of Defeat is very very old half-lfe mod. i'm quite surprised model ported from that old game can take positive feedback.

From the Steam store:

"Day of Defeat: Source
Released 26 Sep. 2005"

Running on the Source (Half Life 2) engine That's less than a year before ArmA.

Is that the WW2EC Panther by FAB?

This post has been edited by JdB: Mar 9 2009, 18:39

--------------------

Quote Post
bdfy
post Mar 9 2009, 18:41
Post #16

Member No.: 1,712

thanks, i didn't know HL1 mod was reincarnated for source smile.gif though by the screenshots graphic is _far_ more outdated then arma
no, read the comments - it's crappy port to arma of a good free max model. I used to port it too, that's why i know

This post has been edited by bdfy: Mar 9 2009, 18:46

Quote Post
D@V£
post Mar 9 2009, 19:43
Post #17

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

You see, this is my pet hate within the community. You're all asking if the wood chopper should be credited (hint: He has been), when you should be asking if the wood chopper minds.

Has anyone actually asked the wood chopper?

I thought not.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
oldy63
post Mar 11 2009, 21:21
Post #18

Member No.: 5,313

And now to something completely different:

I can not get this to work with SIX tracers. I tried to add the ammo type used for the MG34, but this still seems to use default ArmA tracers.
I did this for Vilas weapons, and it worked quite well.

Any idea, what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!
oldy

Quote Post
ProfTournesol
post Mar 25 2009, 20:38
Post #19

Member No.: 5,404

I globally agree with what has been said about "model protection" etc. but this community will die from semi professional modders showing very high quality models but never sharing them with others (sometimes never releasing them either...), spending more time in writing legal protection of their work than helping other community members. We don't need brilliant modelers using these forums as a showroom of their work, but people dedicating their time to other members, as Sanctuary or Philcommando does/did for example, so that new members can enter the dance.
I'm not defending stealing other people's work, i know modding for OFP/ArmA is a lot of work, sweat and tears, i'm spending a lot of time asking for those kinds of authorizations, accepting any refusals, but i prefer someone releasing a lot of things even if he's porting models from old games without being 100% sure of having full rights of doing so, than brilliant others keeping every "modeling tips" secrets as if it was a matter of money.
I've received a lot of help from others, which allowed me to offer things to the community. That's how it works, but this spirit which was Ofp spirit is slightly dying i'm afraid.

--------------------

Quote Post
d@nte
post Mar 26 2009, 18:02
Post #20

head in the stars

Member No.: 32

i hate only one thing:
- when the "addonmaker(s)" put in game models from other games or from 3d websites; and when they put "MY" addons, or "I made them" etc etc.

for me these guys are not addonmakers but only robbers.

it's not a shame, to import an addon in arma; it's a shame to steal this addon.

this is not difficult to put the name of the creator in the readme. but perhaps that the fame is more important for some people than the honesty

--------------------

Un ali mat zo mat bepred Ha pa ve digant ur sot e ve

(Good advice is always good, even though it comes from an idiot).

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:39