Forum Rules Forum Rules

Closed TopicStart new topic
> ARMA basic camera.sqs trouble, need help with camera.sqs
LCPL. Gaskin M (GATOR)
post Jan 19 2009, 07:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,375

I really need help for ARMA cutscene making here I have read these three tutorials on making cutscenes for arma.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Camera.sqs
http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=559
http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?ac...2&game=ArmA

All three of them somewhat say the same thing, but none of them really tell me from start to finish what I need to do. I understand that you make the unit with the this exec "camera.sqs" to act as a camera, and that you move the camera around where you want it in preview, then hit the fire button to capture the image. after that you open note pad and paste the information of the different shots. I have tried to save it as a .txt document as well as an .sqs document and then place that in my users missions folder of the mission I was working on. I have tried to make the trigger with radio alpha repetedly on act box then type player exec "camera.sqs" and then erase the this exec "camera.sqs in the int field of the unit I used to capture the footage. as explained in this video http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?ac...2&game=ArmA
I have also tried to delete the unit made to capture the footage and add
_camera cameraEffect ["terminate","back"] camdestroy _camera at the end of the footage info in the .txt document as described in this tutorial http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=559
Last but not least I have followed the http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Camera.sqs tutorial step by step but all I ever get when I preview the mission using all the information in all three tutorials was the same thing which is, when I call radio alpha or activate the trigger, I am able to move the camera around as if I am taking more footage instead of watching the footage I have already captured. I want to make multiple short camera scenes through out the missions I make somehow using triggers as I used to be able to in OFP.
Example: I want to make a mission where you land at an LZ and have a cutscene there, then you link up with resistance in the hills, with a cutscene showing that happen when blufor is present. then another cutscene with the opfor killing a few civillians when blufor is detected by opfor, and then finally an outro scene of an extraction after all opfor have been eliminated.
I have worked on this for two weeks now about 4 hours a night and cannot find out how to activate the footage I am shoting with the camera script, and even if I could figure that out I need to know how to make several different pieces of footage work on the triggers at different times in the game as stated above.
PLEASE help me, and once I figure it out I vow to make a DETAILED tutorial from START TO FINISH on how to do this and post it so its not so hard for others to figure out. I will give credits everyone who helped when I get that far.
Thank you for your time,
Gator [XDF] clan

Quote Post
Sig Patterson
post Jan 19 2009, 18:30
Post #2

Member No.: 3,955

Yer mate im getting the same trobule can get it to work i think you have to save it as an ext file tho not a txt but still i dont even have an arma profile folder LMAO for some reason

Quote Post
LCPL. Gaskin M (GATOR)
post Jan 20 2009, 04:40
Post #3

Member No.: 2,375

QUOTE(Sig Patterson @ Jan 19 2009, 18:30) *
Yer mate im getting the same trobule can get it to work i think you have to save it as an ext file tho not a txt but still i dont even have an arma profile folder LMAO for some reason

If you have vista the folder you are looking for will be under administrator/documents/arma (or other arma profiles)/then you will see your user name double click that folder and you sill see your missions folder and other users folders. Hope that helps.
As for the cam scripting, so far I have found out that the exec "camera.sqs" is just a tool to capture your footage. you then paste that information in notepad and when you save it insdead of using the default save that makes it a .txt file you want to choose the all files option and type .sqs at the end of the nam that will then make it an .sqs file instead of a .txt file. I understand from recent information and past editing that I have to get that newly made .sqs file and put it in my users mission folder, after that I should be able to make a trigger and on the act. box type in this exec "whatever you named the .sqs file .sqs
Examle if the name of the .sqs file that I have the camera fotage pasted into and have put in the missions folder is death I would put in the act. box, in the trigger, this exec "death.sqs"
That is how I THINK it should work, however when I do that It says that death.sqs is not found. I will be playing with this tonight and once I figure it out I will make a COMPLETE tutorial from how to capture the footage to using the footage in your missions. I will also include a few mision templates to put in your users mission so you can pick them apart and use them in your own missions.
As of now I am still having problems and anyone who reads this that sees what I am doing wrong please drop a line so I can make my tutorial and hopefully help the whole community with it.

Quote Post
funk
post Dec 7 2009, 06:06
Post #4

Member No.: 6,872

QUOTE(LCPL. Gaskin M (GATOR) @ Jan 20 2009, 14:40) *
If you have vista the folder you are looking for will be under administrator/documents/arma (or other arma profiles)/then you will see your user name double click that folder and you sill see your missions folder and other users folders. Hope that helps.
As for the cam scripting, so far I have found out that the exec "camera.sqs" is just a tool to capture your footage. you then paste that information in notepad and when you save it insdead of using the default save that makes it a .txt file you want to choose the all files option and type .sqs at the end of the nam that will then make it an .sqs file instead of a .txt file. I understand from recent information and past editing that I have to get that newly made .sqs file and put it in my users mission folder, after that I should be able to make a trigger and on the act. box type in this exec "whatever you named the .sqs file .sqs
Examle if the name of the .sqs file that I have the camera fotage pasted into and have put in the missions folder is death I would put in the act. box, in the trigger, this exec "death.sqs"
That is how I THINK it should work, however when I do that It says that death.sqs is not found. I will be playing with this tonight and once I figure it out I will make a COMPLETE tutorial from how to capture the footage to using the footage in your missions. I will also include a few mision templates to put in your users mission so you can pick them apart and use them in your own missions.
As of now I am still having problems and anyone who reads this that sees what I am doing wrong please drop a line so I can make my tutorial and hopefully help the whole community with it.

Hey mate,

Any update with this?

I am wrestling with the same problems in ArmA II.

Quote Post
marrydavidson
post Apr 16 2010, 07:33
Post #5

Member No.: 7,467

Sofar some Facts.

The BIS employee admits several times that stuff is not finished some parts aren't working and so on.

In the first minutes (beside the screen presentation) he said the same as we can read in the pdfs. ( island, vehicels, story and so on)

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 16 2010, 12:12
Post #6

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(marrydavidson @ Apr 16 2010, 07:33) *
Sofar some Facts.

The BIS employee admits several times that stuff is not finished some parts aren't working and so on.

In the first minutes (beside the screen presentation) he said the same as we can read in the pdfs. ( island, vehicels, story and so on)

Don't dig up old threads. Especially if you aren't adding anything relevant to the previous discussion, if you really want to share this information, you could choose to create a new thread.

Thread Closed. +1 Warn Block +12hr Post Restriction.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:40