2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945, Promo release
Von Rundstedt
post Dec 6 2007, 22:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

In celebration of the 90th independence day of Finland FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 moves officially to ArmA.

FWW2 mod for OFP was founded at June 2004, the idea was to bring three wars that Finland went through during WW2; Winter war, Continuation war and Lapland war.

First two were fought against the Soviet Union and last one against the Germans.
We will make three seperate main releases featuring each war and patch them up if required in between.

We have a small but hard-working and dedicated team. Despite that now that we have moved on ArmA we need to add our quota.
We are recruiting new members, both permanent and freelancers.
We of course welcome models or other 'items' as donations if someone wishes to do so.

Currently we are looking for:
Modellers
-This includes mapping
Texturers
-Basic understanding of RVMAT
Map-maker/Island maker
-preferably at least small knowledge on modelling and texturing
Animators
Sound/voice editor
-requires to have decent skill (to surpass current ones we have)
-Capability to be resourcefull is required (meaning being able to provide sounds that are not ripped straight off from other games)

Those wanting to join should contact us via e-mail (see end of post) or with PM here or at our forums.

Here's some WIP pics and couple of vids.
Click thumbnails for larger picture.

WIP Finnish soldier in winter camo

M/27 Pystykorva Infantry Rifle and M/31 Suomi submachinegun

M/36 AT Mine

Explodes only when the tank threads go over it (or when shot).
Feature non-scripted except for the explosions which is a spawned shell.
M/36 AT-Mine vid (4Mb, XviD)

Pipe mine

Explodes only when an object 'crosses the line' (or the mine is shot).
AP-mine Pipemine vid (11.1Mb, XviD)

T-26 LOD1.0

You can visit our forums here.
Our homepage is currently under construction and server change, it will be opened as soon as we have moved to a new server.

Contacting us can be done by e-mail: fww2staff@(NOSPAM)hotmail.com or by PM to Von Rundstedt or h-

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Dec 6 2007, 23:22
Post #2

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

I love WW2!
Best wishes for your MOD! wink.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
Rellikki
post Dec 7 2007, 05:37
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Looks very nice. Nice job with the mines too. I hate it how the BIS mines explode when the tank just goes over the mine or when the mine is 2m away from the tank... sleep.gif I think that winter suit is too blueish though.

Quote Post
Von Rundstedt
post Dec 7 2007, 08:46
Post #4

Yeah it is bit blueish, which it tended to do when it got dirty and wet rolleyes.gif

There will be also pure white one and dirty/torn one, that is when we get that far. We also try to get molotov cocktail in-game footage posted here soon as we have cleared few problems

--------------------

Quote Post
Valhalian
post Dec 7 2007, 11:17
Post #5

Member No.: 511

I really loved those winter engaments in FDF 1.4 with suomis and pystykorvas... smile.gif I wish you good luck with these!
Btw don't forget to tell guys from FDF not to make WW2 if you are already on the job biggrin.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
bdfy
post Dec 8 2007, 01:40
Post #6

Member No.: 1,712

Soldier model -i guess it's reskin or you're going the hard way ? wink.gif
Side view is not the best way to show the models... can't see a lot. though it definately better then old ofp ones biggrin.gif
http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showthread.php?...;highlight=FWW2

T-26 LOD1.0 - from the scratch ? wink.gif I see it's mapped already, but no textures at the moment. I can think of giving you permission to use Liberation mod tank models if you are ready to modify mapping for several big textures (like it's done for libmod Bt-7 for ex.) I guess you can contact fdf too - they got winter textures for these tank models.

Explodes only when the tank threads go over it (or when shot).
Feature non-scripted except for the explosions which is a spawned shell.

i'm glad you use the idea (no offence here smile.gif) first implemented into libmod. Maybe you got ideas how to make it work with car class too ? wink.gif And in RL is not exploded when fired. So try to adjust mine object armor values/geometry to avoid this wink.gif

We also try to get molotov cocktail in-game footage posted here soon as we have cleared few problems

bottle is an easy thing- better think of some fire effects wink.gif

Russians will be there from beginning, I didn't show them because model isn't done yet, even thou we hoped to show it in this promo

Please find some reference this time wink.gif cause your ofp models... you know it's not about the quality (you were beginners) - Budenny cap and shoulder straps on the same models.... that made russian forum laugh looong biggrin.gif
http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showthread.php?...;highlight=FWW2

Quote Post
Von Rundstedt
post Dec 8 2007, 07:55
Post #7

Soldier model -i guess it's reskin or you're going the hard way ?

Its done in hard way, of course I did use legs and pelvis areas (parts at least) from BIS MLOD model. Its also reason why it took so long when I had to do UV mapping and textures from scratch, not to meantion that I had to figure how to UV and use RVMAT properly boppin2.gif

Side view is not the best way to show the models... can't see a lot. though it definately better then old ofp ones

Yeah I know and its not all too big picture so you can't see that much. Regardless that was kind of purpose, since there is some parts still that can't bear sunlight quite yet and it keeps people anticipating for more, hopefully happy.gif
And there is quite huge difference between ArmA model and OFP models, then again we didn't really show stuff all too much. Link you posted I assume were of original Stoppels and Inv44's models from 2004?

Here is last OFP model of finnish soldier, obiviously now days obsolent

Same for RKKA soldier (Libs DP), quite old picture didn't have any fresher.

Just for kicks our ArmA model beta, when tools weren't out yet. Inv face and rest is all me, model worked in end, but was dumbed

T-26 LOD1.0 - from the scratch ? wink.gif I see it's mapped already, but no textures at the moment. I can think of giving you permission to use Liberation mod tank models if you are ready to modify mapping for several big textures (like it's done for libmod Bt-7 for ex.) I guess you can contact fdf too - they got winter textures for these tank models.

Yep made from scratch and all WIP textures removed, since it covered on body. We usually do tend to make our stuff by ourselves, of course we got permission from Lib (don't remember anymore from who) to base our OFP soldier losely on your models and use MLOD ones (T-26 etc). We defianently would welcome some of Libs models such as BT's, of course with our own textures and remodelling involved. Anything that helps mod to get on release stage wink.gif

i'm glad you use the idea (no offence here) first implemented into libmod. Maybe you got ideas how to make it work with car class too ? wink.gif And in RL is not exploded when fired. So try to adjust mine object armor values/geometry to avoid this

None taken of course, since we didn't really steal this idea from you naughty.gif This script should be pretty much same that h- made when he joined in 2004 (I think it was his first script for us), so I can say with confidence that it is not ripped from you. Regardless about mine exploding, M/36 was very grude mine type and mostly exploded when shot at (it was actually laid poorly in delaying phase so Soviets would be occupied shooting them for a while), to make it more user/lag friendly we just let people to kill it with shooting.

bottle is an easy thing- better think of some fire effects

Exactly, bottle is done and working. Technical problems are partly caused script and some annoying computer problems. Like it was in OFP, our idea is to create as realistic (acting wise at least) molotov as possible. I can assure making this script has been real nut to crack ever since OFP times, luckily mod has such scripter as h-. Who is extremely persistent and perfectionist on his job, thanks to him we have chance to stand out of other mods (not to say other mods wouldn't be great either, by all means anybody who sees trouble that much should be commended) thumbsup.gif

Please find some reference this time wink.gif cause your ofp models... you know it's not about the quality (you were beginners) - Budenny cap and shoulder straps on the same models.... that made russian forum laugh looong

Again I assume those were 2004 pics (since link doesn't work), which are heavily incorrect (postwar) and got released out in light by mistake (resulted also part of reason why we haven't shown WIPs in long time).
By all means I do assure that we have the real deal of clothing and equipment for Soviets too. Budionovka was most common headgear during Winter war and will play big part. I promise you wont be dissapointed on this one wink.gif

And thank you bdfy for good questions and constructive criticism, both are always welcome and its nice that people questions your work and achivements from time to time. I do hope that LIB is planning to move ArmA? LIB is best OFP mod I have played and I hope it keeps same way with ArmA cool.gif

As addition OFP Files interview 2005

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Dec 8 2007, 09:37
Post #8

Group Icon

very good explanation Von Rundstedt.
For RVMATS, if you encounter some problem, here there are my tutorials
wink.gif Check my signature m8
I want to see this MOD growin up

--------------------

Quote Post
Von Rundstedt
post Dec 8 2007, 09:43
Post #9

Thank you Linker Split, I have read your normal map tutorial when I started working with them. Gave very good directions thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Dec 8 2007, 10:22
Post #10

Group Icon

I uploaded the matEditor tutorial smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
bdfy
post Dec 8 2007, 15:57
Post #11

Are you working with advanced 3d programs like max or are you still in o2 ? wink.gif

Quote Post
Von Rundstedt
post Dec 8 2007, 21:59
Post #12

I basicly know how to use Truespace, Blender and 3D Max. Yet I know best how to use O2 and with it I work faster, ergo I still use it and keep most likely using it until I find real reason to change to some other program. Its not most advanced for granted but it serves its purpose wink.gif

Oh and Linker I have also read it through, but didn't unfortunantly give me much more info than I already knew and I use mainly Notepad to change RVMATs. Its good tutorial neveless, it could still explain a bit more of difference on values, yet its gold for beginners smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Dec 8 2007, 22:21
Post #13

Group Icon

of course it's for beginners wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
bdfy
post Dec 8 2007, 23:21
Post #14

Link you posted I assume were of original Stoppels and Inv44's models from 2004?

nope. it were just weapons. the same weapons but sreenies for ofp ))
We usually do tend to make our stuff by ourselves

And what you achieved ? time spent, but i can't say model is any better )) though i can't see wireframe... Low poly model is mostly about diffuse and nprmal textures -there're none at the moment so there's nothing to comment )) so it can muchmore productive to reskin existing vehicles.
I hope you will unwrap vehicle models with 1-2 big textures and will draw (or render in max) shader maps not just generate them from diffuse wink.gif
http://military3d.boom.ru/
check this site. if you work with 3d max these models can help you create good normal mapping. But it's only possible with max wink.gif

and let me know if you'll made some russian/german weapons wink.gif

Quote Post
Von Rundstedt
post Dec 8 2007, 23:53
Post #15

And what you achieved ? time spent, but i can't say model is any better )) though i can't see wireframe... Low poly model is mostly about diffuse and nprmal textures -there're none at the moment so there's nothing to comment )) so it can muchmore productive to reskin existing vehicles.

Perhaps so, but at least with free mind I can say that I have accomplished it myself and for modeller/texturer there aint better thing wink.gif
Also those models are pretty high poly, judging by looks. Of course thats great and cool, but thing is that game heavy as ArmA we need to concider gameplay too, when there is masses in-game we don't want to bring computers to knees, which in return upsets player. So we make little bit less polied models which still looks good in-game without sacrificing gameplay.

if you work with 3d max these models can help you create good normal mapping. But it's only possible with max

Yes it does, but I also don't like misleading people, it will not look like it in-game as it does in 3D Max. I rather keep it pure for people, might be that it wont be flashy and cool as it could be, but this way we can deliver what we have promised happy.gif

and let me know if you'll made some russian/german weapons

Currently modelling AVS-36 Simonov actually tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
bdfy
post Dec 9 2007, 00:07
Post #16

Also those models are pretty high poly

are you listening ? wink.gif _these models can help you create good normal mapping_ Of course you'll never get ingame model with up to million polies biggrin.gif
it will not look like it in-game as it does in 3D Max

wanna bet ? wink.gif adjust max render it will show whatever you want.
Currently modelling AVS-36 Simonov actually

can't you think anything more rare ? biggrin.gif why not start with DP-27 or MOsin rifle ?

Quote Post
Von Rundstedt
post Dec 9 2007, 13:52
Post #17

are you listening ? these models can help you create good normal mapping Of course you'll never get ingame model with up to million polies

Sorry misunderstood you, still I have very clear idea how to do normal maps and how they work up in ArmA. Regardless you're right it never hurts to check them.

wanna bet ? adjust max render it will show whatever you want.

Of course you can adjust it, but why would I do that when I get it out from Buldozer as it looks in-game without any adjustments?

can't you think anything more rare biggrin.gif ? why not start with DP-27 or MOsin rifle ?

And yet its only automatic rifle Soviets had during winter war and pretty common in there too. Mosin is quickly modified from M/27 Pystykorva and provides no challenge. DP-27 model I have to dig up from my backups and it was less common than AVS-36 during winter war. Also above all I do models on rate that I find alluring and important, serves motivation better wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Von Rundstedt
post Aug 1 2008, 14:27
Post #18

Sorry that I haven't posted here earlier, but I imagine most of you already have seen these in BI Forums.

We need more people to commit in our cause, especially modellers, texture artist, scripters and island makers. Also freelancers are welcomed. If you think you can contribute to us, be sure to contact me with PM wink.gif

Now some progress pictures, more of promotional ones this time, but we hope to show some in-game picture soon.

Click on thumbnail for larger picture

Finnish M/27 & Soviet M/1891-30 infantry rifles

Slightly remade M/31 Suomi & WIP PPD-34 Submachineguns

AVS-36 Simonov automatic rifle & T-26 model 1933 tank

Also we posted our very first ingame screens earlier this week.

I hope you all enjoyed them.

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Aug 1 2008, 19:32
Post #19

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Please try to be a little quicker next time, we already get enough whining about posting old news as it is wink.gif

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Jeza
post Aug 1 2008, 21:13
Post #20

Guests

Looks brilliant cant wait, as part of my S-level (mini-degree) im doing Finland Russia conflict in ww2, should be good to see what you've recreated

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:14