IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Closed TopicStart new topic
> [url removed] - anyone heard of it? Help please?
SMRDcompany
post Mar 12 2010, 00:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,893

Ok, I guess some of you heard about this, but apparently there is a site called lockerz that works on a sort of redeem system; you do stuff, you get points. You get points, you redeem them for things. It sounds like a basic scam; makes you register, maybe even collects private data.

But, some things made me thinking otherwise. For one, the main moderator and administrator of the site is a former www.amazon.com moderator/admin/leader/w/e, for second I have seen a lot of proof. Well on youtube as well but mostly IRL, a neighbour of mine got his free gift yesterday so he invited me in to join. It's quite amusing when you start because it requires no mad skill or anything.

Now, the site works on the invite system; to register you must first be invited to join by someone. This can either take a very long or a very short time. Very long is to submit your e-mail on the site itself and probably wait a few days. The shorter is to look around for people that offer you invites on the internet. That's kinda what I'm doing here.

So, as a sort of a trial thing or w/e, they send you a free t-shirt saying "lockerz" to your address (worldwide). My neighbour got one and a 2 months later or so he got himself a sweet copy of Left 4 Dead 2 for XBOX360. Now I'm not asking you to really be on the site, I just want to check that free t-shirt thing. However, it only comes when you bring 20 people on the site, and right now I got only a half so if you want to help a guy out be free to post your email here or if you are worried on PM so I can send you an invite. (Be sure to use gmail/yahoo, sometimes invites don't get to hotmail/live/other email providers but I can try sending)

Hope someone decides to give it a try, I'm currently bored so I just want to do something fun. And if you are lmao-ing at my stupiditeh as you read, gtfo klol smile.gif jk cya

--------------------
DON'T HAPPY BE WORRY
Why isn't there a 1389 mod for ArmA? I would play it all the time and always feel the same joy of tearing apart someone with a sword... ^_^
DON'T HAPPY BE WORRY

Quote Post
D@V£
post Mar 12 2010, 11:21
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

This does sound extremely suspicious, and I don't think anyone wants any convoluted legal crap because they got to some nasty site from here, so I'mma call:
[§11] No advertisement about non ArmA related stuff

Do not use the forum to make direct or indirect advertisement concerning something not related to ArmA. Commercial ventures that are not licensed by BIS itself, or any other party that owns the content in question, and does not allow the poster to exploit it are not allowed either.

And close this thread.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:32