IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shader? Graphics card? I need help!, Please reply. i am unable to play ArmA, and i will do anything to fix
WreckWolf
post Feb 15 2012, 02:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,463

I got ArmA 2: RFT a couple of days ago and installed it. my game has been glitching out since then. whenever i look anywhere, my computer covers my screen in blocks. they cover sections of the screen in whatever color the surrounding in-game area is. can anyone help? i can post a screenshot if needed. Thanks!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 15 2012, 02:36
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Have you tried updating to both the latest graphics drivers and version of ArmA.2? That'll generally solve most problems with visual artefacts.

If it doesn't work, could you post a screenshot of the problem? It sounds like it might be a LOD issue, so you may be able to solve it by tinkering with the ingame graphics settings.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
WreckWolf
post Feb 15 2012, 13:49
Post #3

I will post a screenshot later. i think it might have to do with my pixel shader or graphics card though.
i have a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Feb 16 2012, 06:33
Post #4

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

By Arma2:RFT you mean Arma 2: Reinforcements ?

You will never have any Arma2 game screen display with a mobile intel 4 chipset motherboard integrated GPU, remember what has been said about minimum requirement for GPU :

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 with Shader model 3 and 512 Mo Video RAM

And this is the very minimum you must have to get a game screen, any existing integrated GPU is far from reaching this, even the enhanced latest integrated on AMD.

--------------------

Quote Post
WreckWolf
post Feb 17 2012, 03:15
Post #5

QUOTE(Old Bear @ Feb 15 2012, 23:33) *
By Arma2:RFT you mean Arma 2: Reinforcements ?

You will never have any Arma2 game screen display with a mobile intel 4 chipset motherboard integrated GPU, remember what has been said about minimum requirement for GPU :

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 with Shader model 3 and 512 Mo Video RAM

And this is the very minimum you must have to get a game screen, any existing integrated GPU is far from reaching this, even the enhanced latest integrated on AMD.

I checked, and it says that my graphics card does not reach the minimum for Arma 2 Reinforcements. I am going to get a new desktob in a couple days. ill check that, and if it doesnt work, ill tell you

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:22