Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ACE mod 2 problems
Migalex
post Dec 8 2009, 01:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,819

Im having problems with ace mod, just installed it by that six updater, well, it launches gots new units bla bla bla, but at begin when i start it gives me a error that "Addon"acex_c_men_usarmy" requires addon"ace_c_gear" and probaly theres more.........I notice my @ACE its empty, my @ACEX gots stuff and so does my CBA.
Also notice the game its exactly same game but with new sounds and skins and units... The USMC Anti tank rocket doesnt work, shows 2 of them on action menu and press it nothing happens and the new features like grenade trowing ,etc are not present either... I tryed update the @ACE trew Six updater doesnt work, he updates, but i dont see it downloading or installing any files at all!!! It just like 1/2 secs and bang says its done...
I would like help, im really fan of first ACE mod for arma1 and me and my pells want more realism for arma2...
Why wasn t this simplir, just the simple way of having full mod with patches done, every one would be happy.
Anyways, Thanks

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 8 2009, 10:36
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Make sure you've installed both the @ACE and the @ACEX mod folders. By the sounds of it you've only installed the @ACEX folder, which is an expansion to the @ACE folder.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Migalex
post Dec 8 2009, 16:03
Post #3

Member No.: 1,819

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Dec 8 2009, 10:36) *
Make sure you've installed both the @ACE and the @ACEX mod folders. By the sounds of it you've only installed the @ACEX folder, which is an expansion to the @ACE folder.

I got all @ACE @ACEX @CBA and short cut says so, i got it to run 3 of them. Still happens same thing...
BTW i got 3 different folders on the arma2 folder

This post has been edited by Migalex: Dec 8 2009, 16:05

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 8 2009, 18:23
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Hmm... seems like an issue with the installer/updater. Did you download the @ace.7z archive? If so you should be able to unpack the mod manually using winrar. Open up the archive and navigate to \.rsync\.pack\, you'll find what sort of resembles a mod folder, but with .gz archives instead of files, you can unpack the .gz archives with winrar.

Remeber when you used to be able to download addons and just plonk them in the folder you liked? I miss those days...

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Kalashnikov_7.62
post Dec 8 2009, 18:48
Post #5

Member No.: 5,680

My guns wont fire cry3.gif
I have downloaded the ACE2 .both the core and extra .. and I have the CBA installed ... I got it from armaholic and installed it ..I havnt used SixUpdater or whatever...but It works all the weapons and men and what have you show up BUT the guns dont fire, I have magazines in my inventory and have tried dropping them all and getting new ones from a ACE box and I am using the ACE men, but the weapon will not fire, I can't even select it, just frags and smokes. Have I installed it wrong or what? ... oh yeah sidearm mags work

--------------------
I’m the man who dreams of running amok on the set of Mamma Mia! with a large-calibre machinegun -Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Jan 11 2010, 16:36
Post #6

Member No.: 6,606

how can I use the gasmask? and the balacava? and the other stuff new from ACE 2.... and can anyone please tell me the code for the weapons like.. this addweapon "" something like that... but the weapons from ACE 2.... cause I can't get the Gaskmask work so does the others like the flashbang... balacava... all the new stuff I can't get it to work.. because I don't know how.... glare.gif can anyone tell me or teach me how... Thanks it Advance...

Quote Post
Z4ng3tsu
post Mar 12 2010, 23:42
Post #7

Member No.: 7,335

I have an other problem.
I downloaded Ace 2 using the Six Updater. The problem is now I have a newer version of Ace2 than a lot of servers and it displays a message to inform me about that every 10 secs, so I can't play !!!
Is it possible to disable this message ???

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:18