Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you make a kamikaze unit
HataKilla
post Aug 7 2009, 00:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,282

Ive been playing around with naval units for awhile now, and i was wondering if there was any way to make a kamikaze plane besides using

this setpos[(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), #] or set flyinheight #

at point blank.

( the flyinheight one doesnt even work cause the planes avoid the ships )

Any suggestions?

D@VE considering your suggestion, I think i could use mando missile for that i messed around with it before, but im not sure how to make AI use the missile system.

I cant run arma 2 yet, my comp sucks but i saw on a video on youtube that there is a avoidance option or something like that, where i could probably just set flyinheight to 4 or 5 and theres my kamikaze

Also i could use the ArmA 2 attach to script, and have a plane fly over at a high altitude to where you cant see it, that might work.

This post has been edited by HataKilla: Aug 20 2009, 14:24

Quote Post
Electroself
post Aug 8 2009, 07:20
Post #2

Member No.: 3,833

That'd be pretty cool. It's just got me wondering how hard it would be to make a suicide bomber!

--------------------
"I thought I'd lived a simple life. But I've sinned too much"

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 8 2009, 14:37
Post #3

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Electroself @ Aug 8 2009, 07:20) *
That'd be pretty cool. It's just got me wondering how hard it would be to make a suicide bomber!

Suicide ground units are easy, just wait until they're close enough to the target, then have them explode using the method of your choosing (camcreate etc.)

The problem with aircraft is the whole 3 dimensions thing. I suppose the best way would probably be to wait until they're in range then cut the fuel.... not really precise though.

Alternatively, you could create a homing missile that looks exactly like the aircraft, and deletes the original when it's fired.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Electroself
post Aug 13 2009, 18:21
Post #4

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Aug 8 2009, 14:37) *
Suicide ground units are easy, just wait until they're close enough to the target, then have them explode using the method of your choosing (camcreate etc.)

The problem with aircraft is the whole 3 dimensions thing. I suppose the best way would probably be to wait until they're in range then cut the fuel.... not really precise though.

Alternatively, you could create a homing missile that looks exactly like the aircraft, and deletes the original when it's fired.

Er.......I think I need a bit more help! I don't understand really where you're coming from. As usual I have very little time and a brain full of ideas! I do know however that I want to have a sound triggered before detonation saying "allah akbar" etc etc. basically to give you a couple of seconds to run for cover!

Is there a way of attaching a satchel to a civ, then using a trigger to detonate within x radius of a blufor?

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 13 2009, 22:18
Post #5

Group Icon

Use a script?
(In SQS syntax because SQF is a bugger to get working for simple stuff like this tongue.gif )
CODE
_Terrorman = _this select 0
_Terrorman say ["AllahAkbar",25]
~5
_bomb = "Sh_125_HE" camcreate (getpos _Terrorman)

Should work, obviously tweak the settings to get it the way you want. And you'll need to sort of the audio externally.

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Electroself
post Aug 14 2009, 05:46
Post #6

aha! sorry I had to ask but I dont really get any time on here anymore sad.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Oct 7 2009, 05:02
Post #7

Member No.: 6,606

CODE
_Terrorman = _this select 0
~5
_bomb = "Sh_125_HE" camcreate (getpos _Terrorman)

how do I make this a script?? I know its pretty simple but Im weak in scripting...
thanks in advance...

This post has been edited by Lt.Mavrick94: Oct 7 2009, 05:03

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 7 2009, 07:53
Post #8

Group Icon

Save it as an sqs (you can use notepad, just replace the txt extension with an sqs one) then put it in your mission directory, or in an addon. If it's in your mission directory use:
CODE
[this] exec "script.sqs"

If it's in an addon use:
CODE
[this] exec "\myaddon\script.sqs"

(Obviously, if it's in a folder within the addon, you'd need to give a full path)

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Oct 7 2009, 10:33
Post #9

Eh thanks D@Ve I'll try it... its easier than it looks so far hehehe.... biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Oct 7 2009, 11:06
Post #10

Now I know how to make it to become a script but i got a new problem after the Civilian screams alla akbar eventually nothing happens I mean is he didn't blew up... he just screamed... I tried to change the ammo type but didn't work to... please advice... thanks in advance... unsure.gif

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 7 2009, 15:16
Post #11

Group Icon

Hmm... probably something wrong with the syntax of the last line... I didn't test it ingame... try using "R_Hydra_HE", you should be able to see that if it's spawning properly.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Nov 3 2009, 05:03
Post #12

Eh one more thing, is this script compatible with ARMA 2 ??

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 3 2009, 09:27
Post #13

Group Icon

Should be compatible with OFP, ArmA and ArmA2. You may want to check the munition classname though, but I think it's the same. unsure.gif

This post has been edited by D@V£: Nov 3 2009, 09:27

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Nov 3 2009, 14:19
Post #14

OK thx for the reply I'll try it later... well in the script can I change what the Suicide Bomber will say??

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 3 2009, 14:32
Post #15

Group Icon

Quite easily. This line:
CODE

The string "AllahAkbar" references an entry you'll need to make, either in the cfgsounds section of your mission's Description.ext or an addon. For example: (from BI Wiki)
CODE
class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};  
  class wolf1
  {
   name = "";
   sound[] = {"\sound\wolf1.ogg", 1, 1};
   titles[] = {};
  };
  class wolf2
  {
   name = "Wolfsong";
   sound[] = {"\sound\wolf2.ogg", 1, 1};
   titles[] = {};
  };
};

So if you were doing this as a self-contained script for a mission, you'd need this in your description.ext file:
CODE
class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};  
  class AllahAkbar
  {
   name = "";
   sound[] = {"\sound\AllahAkbar.ogg", 1, 1};
   titles[] = {};
  };
};

And you'd also need to place an .ogg file (you can use audacity to convert .wav or .mp3 sound files to .ogg format) and a corresponding .lip file (for lip-syncing, should be named the same)

Audacity can be found here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

And here are some BI wiki pages you'll probably find useful:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/say (the "say" scripting command)
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#CfgSounds (A in-depth look at the Description.ext file)
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Wave2Lip (A utility to generate lip-sync files from .wav sounds, if you're using an .mp3 sound effect, use audacity to convert it to .wav format)

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Nov 4 2009, 02:43
Post #16

MY head exploded when I read that, It's like reading my most weakest subject Math, sweatingbullets.gif well I will try to solve that eh can you make me a demo sound of a AI saying "Mayday! Mayday! we are going down" or just your own demo... for ARMA 1 and for ARMA 2 can you do that?? thanks in advance happy.gif

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:26