Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just got this and need mod recommendations
SubTonic
post May 3 2010, 13:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,551

Hey, I got this game today and I'd like to know a few things concerning mods and about any mods that you guys would generally recommend. I have the ACE mod downloaded already, as it's rather large, but there's one thing that's bothering me: Performance. See, I don't have a very good machine. My graphics card is okay, being a Radeon 4650, but my CPU is lackluster, only running at a lousy 2.8GHz. I have 2 gigs of RAM, though, so that isn't an issue, just the CPU.

What I'm afraid of are mods that enhance the AI a lot. Even in Operation Flashpoint, many mods that improve AI kill my performance, and since ArmA wants a better CPU than Flashpoint, well..you can see why I'm worried. I'd really just like a mod that improves just about every aspect of the game, but keeps the AI changing to a minimum. I've searched and searched for an extensive ACE changelog, but I can't seem to find one. The ones I have found don't say much, but I don't see much mention of AI. Granted, I'd like any AI glitches and inconsistencies to be fixed if possible (Like I've heard the Warmod makes it so AI can't see well through fog and such), but I don't want mods that add innumerable scripts to it.

So, going by that, are there any you guys would recommend to me?

Quote Post
Imutep
post May 3 2010, 19:23
Post #2

ArmAdeus
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 559

Maybe you can try Group Link 4 Special FX Edition [1.1.87]. thumbsup.gif

ZITAT
Description:
Group Link 4 features a wide range of different Player Friendly A.I. and Enemy A.I. Enhancements and many different Special FX features in visible and audible kind. The main target of the Enemy A.I. Enhancement is to make a players life as hard as possible. Enemy A.I. of Group Link 4 is way tougher intelligent and tactically then ever bevore. They will try to hunt you down at any price. Group Link 4 allows you to create greate dynamic missions within a few minutes. Group Link 4 Technically: Group Link 4 use the D.G.A.S. ( Dynamic Global Array System ) which stores many values of features in a specific Global Variable. All features of Group Link 4 use their own J.I.P. ( Join in Progress ) functions which allows players which join a mission which already is in progress to initialize all already used features of a mission.

--------------------

German Mission Editing && Scripting Website

Quote Post
Günter Severloh
post Aug 1 2010, 00:34
Post #3

Member No.: 6,575

Maybe you can try Group Link 4 Special FX Edition [1.1.87].

Thats for Arma2 not Arma1, were in the Arma section here, what you want to reccomend is Group Link 3 which is from the same maker of Group Link 4.

get it here:
Group Link 3

I'd really just like a mod that improves just about every aspect of the game

WarMod will do that

Like I've heard the Warmod makes it so AI can't see well through fog and such), but I don't want mods that add innumerable scripts to it.

Yes its true the Ai cant see through bushes, and smoke, possibly fog too i never really noticed fog as i liek to play on sunny days happy.gif
I dont understand your thinking here, you dont want a mod that adds scripts your game?
WarMod dont add scripts, it has only addons and mods that fixes, and enhances various effects and gamplay, as well as AI.
Plus the mod is customizable you can add to it or remove feature you dont care for or dont fit with your style of gameplay.

Can you be more specific on what your looking for?

This post has been edited by Günter Severloh: Aug 1 2010, 00:37

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 1 2010, 01:21
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Let's not dig up old topics, Günter. Generally, if a topic hasn't been used for over 2 months, consider it dead.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Günter Severloh
post Aug 1 2010, 02:55
Post #5

Member No.: 6,575

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Jul 31 2010, 19:21) *
Let's not dig up old topics, Günter. Generally, if a topic hasn't been used for over 2 months, consider it dead.

sh*t sorry, topic looked recent, i forgot to look at the date, my bad. wont happen again.

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:00