Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ArmA2 SLA pack V0.9
D@V£
post Sep 17 2009, 18:09
Post #1

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

The SLA are back! And they're invading Chernarus! Oh noes! ohnoo.gif

Features:
-1 new faction
-25+ New infantry units (including basic infantry, special forces and vehicle crews)
-20+ vehicles
-Randomization feature for special forces
-Fully compatible with the mission generator

Download Links:
RapidShare (Extremely Limited number of downloads, so don't use this unless you plan on uploading it somewhere)

This post has been edited by D@V£: Sep 18 2009, 03:00

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Lex89
post Sep 17 2009, 19:33
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,761

hey mate why don't ask to armaholic to post this?
It would be great play again as SLA.
But from shots i see:
why use the hind instead of KA-50?
they have the alligator not the hind!

however good stuff!!!
I don't know where i can found a goot site for posti this, but i try in any case

--------------------
]HsI[ Multigaming Italian Clan

Now on ArmA2
and
America's Army 3

Sorry for my bad English.

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Sep 17 2009, 19:44
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

Firstly. The Alligator isn't in serial production yet the KA50 however... The Hind is a perfectly good thing to use it can carry troops in as well as support them plus I think Dave doesn't like the Kamov after me and JynX went on a detour in one leaving him alone tongue.gif

As for ArmAholic. did you ever think that seeing as its posted here one of our site team will upload it?

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 17 2009, 19:53
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(Lex89 @ Sep 17 2009, 19:33) *
hey mate why don't ask to armaholic to post this?
It would be great play again as SLA.
But from shots i see:
why use the hind instead of KA-50?
they have the alligator not the hind!

however good stuff!!!
I don't know where i can found a goot site for posti this, but i try in any case

The Mi35 has been included because it's extremely common among ex-Warsaw Pact nations (much more so than the KA50, which IRL isn't used outside Russia). It's also different enough from the KA50 to warrant being using the alongside it.

I'm going to add some new vehicles in a future release (currently the only vehicles present are reskins of vanilla vehicles, as the way vehicles are set up in ArmA2 this is extremely easy to do).

EDIT: I have no vendetta against the Alligator Mark. Anyways that was an Su-34, which isn't included. tongue.gif

(Anyways, how can two people go for a detour in one Alligator? It's a single seater! ohnoo.gif ... Unless... someone sat in the painted on cockpit! ohnoo.gif )

This post has been edited by D@V£: Sep 18 2009, 03:03

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Benoist
post Sep 17 2009, 21:31
Post #5

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

QUOTE(D@V£)
-Randomization feature for special forces

Care to explain this?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 17 2009, 21:48
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(Benoist @ Sep 17 2009, 21:31) *
Care to explain this?

SF groups can use a simple script to randomize their appearance. Nothing drastic, just some different patterns. It's explained better in the readme.

This post has been edited by D@V£: Sep 17 2009, 21:51

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 19 2009, 16:27
Post #7

Group Icon

Filefront Link
Armaholic Link (Less than an half an hour after I posted on the BI Forums, those guys are like the batmen of news posting)

This post has been edited by D@V£: Sep 19 2009, 17:18

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Yokhanan
post Sep 19 2009, 17:38
Post #8

Member No.: 4,721

ooOOOOooooo, could this be the pleasent surprise to which you made reference to in my Sahranian community thread? biggrin.gif Very cool!

Quote Post
Toadball
post Sep 21 2009, 00:27
Post #9

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

I do believe we have left him stranded numerous times Berkut.

Nice addition dave, sorry couldn't help you pre-release or with the release of it.

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Sep 22 2009, 10:11
Post #10

Member No.: 43

Great work D@ve w00t.gif I was thinking about asking you if you planned to port these great units into ArmA2, and here you are adding even more stuff to SLA... It's great to see addons which fit Arma 1&2 background, let's hope that PRacs will bring SLA's best friends in ArmA 2 thumbsup.gif

If you permit i may have some suggestions/remarks, i know that you surely have them already in mind as you plan to improve your baby/add more stuff, but just in case... :

-maybe adding bonnie-hats, bonnets, helmets etc... to Especas, adding more variety to their equipment, and maybe get rid of berets, i don't think its usefull in combat wink.gif
-more tiny roundels for Air units, and one roundels per side (Su25 has a roundel on the left wing, and another to the right wing, it maybe too much). And you probably seen in BI forum there are beautifull suggestions of "alternative" roundels.
-i find that your SLA camo (wich looks great) on vehicles is pretty hard to see, too "discrete", it would be great to have it "more visible". It could be my config however...
-great to see that you gave Mi24 and Su25 to SLA instead of Ka50 and Su34. No uber-stuff from year 2030 for SLA !
-as you said you'll add more stuff, may i ask what you have in mind ? T55/62/64, bmp1, PT76, good old Migs, more troops, etc... ?

Again, many thanks for bringing SLA to A2, its a pleasure to play with them again.

And sorry for my bad english.

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Sep 22 2009, 13:01
Post #11

Group Icon

I know that a lot of various units have and do wear their berets into combat so ya know...

Why would you want vehicles that have been camouflaged to stand out more? That's like giving someone a set of BDUs then replacing it with ACU :\

smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Sep 22 2009, 13:22
Post #12

QUOTE(Blackbuck @ Sep 22 2009, 14:01) *
I know that a lot of various units have and do wear their berets into combat so ya know...

Why would you want vehicles that have been camouflaged to stand out more? That's like giving someone a set of BDUs then replacing it with ACU :\

smile.gif

Hmm i think that's a result of my poor english sweatingbullets.gif

About camo i wanted to say that i hardly noticed a difference between "dark green" and "normal green" on the vehicles. At first i though i had a sort of "shadow bug effect". But as i said it might be an issue with my computer. However Chedaki camo doesn't give me the same effect.

About berets, well, you must be right, i don't know a lot about these things, but it always surprise me to see soldiers wearing berets in combat. I don't know why boppin2.gif

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 22 2009, 14:58
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(GI-JoE @ Sep 22 2009, 10:11) *
-maybe adding bonnie-hats, bonnets, helmets etc... to Especas, adding more variety to their equipment, and maybe get rid of berets, i don't think its usefull in combat wink.gif

I'll consider. Maybe not Boonie hats (and definitely not Bonnets! I can't think of a worse idea! ohnoo.gif )

-more tiny roundels for Air units, and one roundels per side (Su25 has a roundel on the left wing, and another to the right wing, it maybe too much). And you probably seen in BI forum there are beautifull suggestions of "alternative" roundels.

In the next version the Sukhoi is going to be painted entirely in the colour of the DRS flag. tongue.gif It's a big change, I know, but I feel it's what's right.

Outrageous claims aside, I've decided against the green/brown ones. They just don't seem a bit off tbh. (You can't really apply infantry uniforms and camouflage techniques to vehicle patterns) The iconography and whatnot will be modified in the next release though,

-as you said you'll add more stuff, may i ask what you have in mind ? T55/62/64, bmp1, PT76, good old Migs, more troops, etc... ?

It's a secret! ph34r.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Sep 22 2009, 15:48
Post #14

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Sep 22 2009, 15:58) *
I'll consider. Maybe not Boonie hats (and definitely not Bonnets! I can't think of a worse idea! ohnoo.gif )

Hmm well, it seems that my bad english stroke again cool.gif By "bonnets" i mean something like this :

http://www.doursoux.com/images/bonnet-camo-wood.jpg

or this :

http://discommando.wifeo.com/images/49.jpg

In the next version the Sukhoi is going to be painted entirely in the colour of the DRS flag. It's a big change, I know, but I feel it's what's right.

biggrin.gif

Outrageous claims aside, I've decided against the green/brown ones. They just don't seem a bit off tbh. (You can't really apply infantry uniforms and camouflage techniques to vehicle patterns) The iconography and whatnot will be modified in the next release though

Roger that, thanks smile.gif

It's a secret!

Great, i love surprises biggrin.gif

Thanks for the answer D@ve.

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Sep 22 2009, 16:03
Post #15

Group Icon

Those are Beanie hats and balaclavas smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Sep 22 2009, 16:11
Post #16

Ok thanks. Sorry for confusion smile.gif

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Sep 23 2009, 08:49
Post #17

Sorry for double post guys, but i noticed that i have double Sla faction (with exactly the same things in each) showing in the editor when i launch this pack with CAA1 and CBA. It's just a minor problem, but does anyone have the same "issue" ?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 23 2009, 14:49
Post #18

Group Icon

This is caused by the differing faction classnames with similar display names. The only way I could fix this (that I know of) would be to make CAA1 a required addon, something I rather wouldn't do.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Sep 23 2009, 16:34
Post #19

Ok, i was suspecting something like that. But it's not important at all smile.gif

Thanks D@ve.

This post has been edited by GI-JoE: Sep 23 2009, 16:35

Quote Post
Yokhanan
post Sep 23 2009, 20:42
Post #20

Member No.: 4,721

One thing that sticks out for me is the boots. But I mean that in a good way. I don't know--it's like with some addons, the soldiers' boots look rather gray and blurry sometimes...but these (especially in the screen shot) look really nicely done. What can I say, I'm a details kind of guy. tongue.gif

Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 00:11