Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> editing frustrations...
PSYscout
post Nov 21 2008, 21:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,526

I have vista home premium how do i save as an .sqm, csv, sqs files or html so I can start creating my own missions? Do I do it from word pad? I feel really dumb not being able to figure this out.. thank you What do I need? how do I do this?

Quote Post
Supr3me KiLL3r
post Nov 21 2008, 21:20
Post #2

Member No.: 3,465

I haven't used vista much

I guess just right click and create a new text document and rename it script.sqs or briefing.html

--------------------
My Armed Assault Youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwE-HkeYuQ

Quote Post
joffre257
post Nov 22 2008, 02:46
Post #3

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,449

with vista i dont know, maybe it is the same way than XP, for sqm, try to make a little thing in the ediotr and save it, it will put a sqm file in your folder "myfolder\arma\mission\mymission\mission.sqm",for csv i dont know and for sqf creat a new text file, rename it in whatyouwant.sqf and open it with a notepad or something like it from vista to put yours lines codes wink.gif good luck!

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 22 2008, 04:40
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Use ArmAEdit. It's a handy program that works with SQS and SQM, as well as having a briefing creator wizard.

As for CSVs... you don't need them unless you want to translate your mission. CSV files are a common format (we use them in the lab biggrin.gif ) so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a tool for them.

You can also make SQS and SQM files using notepad of course, but you have to faff around with extensions. Easy if you know how, murder if you don't.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
=Odin=
post Nov 22 2008, 23:27
Post #5

Member No.: 2,097

If you Don't want to use ARMA EDIT (which is an excellent tool) Do as Dave suggested and use notepad, when you save, save it as "all files" and name it hello.sqs or whatever file extension you want should work. Just tested it and my script worked.

--------------------
"The cricket bat is mightier than the pen and sword combined"

Quote Post
Toadball
post Nov 27 2008, 23:51
Post #6

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

Just saw this topic, CSV files are also only really useful in ArmA scripting if you use a set of the same strings in multiple scripts in the mission/addon tongue.gif Don't necessarily have to be used solely for translating. ^^

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 00:23