2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Normandy island
cheritto
post Apr 8 2008, 01:48
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,732

A pack containing some beach obstacles, bunkers has been released 2 days ago. U may use it on your beaches WW2 Bunkers and obstacles

Quote Post
jones
post Apr 8 2008, 11:03
Post #22

Member No.: 2,628

Thx for that tip smile.gif

Update on progress: Roads...Lot of roads... It will take forever to put them all in place, so don't expect frequent updates smile.gif

--------------------
my Normandy island thread: http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=1645

www.paraglite.org

Quote Post
cheritto
post Apr 8 2008, 14:15
Post #23

Member No.: 1,732

U have interesting things here Carentan utah Area

Quote Post
jones
post Apr 8 2008, 14:27
Post #24

thx cheritto but I got those maps since OFP editing - over six years. I am fmiliar with the site too. I need more detailed maps like this ones: http://www.ww2dday.com/maps.html in digital high resolution format. Ive got the Omaha beachhead map but cant find meredet area and other utah beach areas for free.

--------------------
my Normandy island thread: http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=1645

www.paraglite.org

Quote Post
Kris
post Jun 23 2008, 13:26
Post #25

Member No.: 2,250

Hey mate,

Got any Progress for us??

Cheers buddy

Kris rofl.gif - BoB Mod Leader

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 23 2008, 16:50
Post #26

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Kris @ Jun 23 2008, 14:26) *
Hey mate,

Got any Progress for us??

Cheers buddy

Kris rofl.gif - BoB Mod Leader

Threads older than 6 weeks may only be revived if the new posts adds something significant to the thread. Bumping for progress questions are not significant. If jones has made any progress, he will post about it when he chooses. Please read our [Forum Rules] to prevent breaching any other rules smile.gif

[§5] Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 6 weeks should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant" PM a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
jones
post Jul 21 2008, 12:57
Post #27

At the end of april I was hired for big and very nasty project, it was about to be three weeks and turned to be three months sad.gif It took all my free time, so I couldnt work on my map. Hopefully it ends this week and I intend to continiue work on Normandy. It is worth the effort,as I will be able to use it in Arma 2, so I wont stop it for sure. Currently I have one small area covered with objects and I made some test missions on it and it is really great fun to play.

--------------------

www.paraglite.org

Quote Post
jones
post Sep 25 2008, 21:25
Post #28

hi back in buissness finally biggrin.gif my other projects are finally finished and I've started working on my island again.... with many many troubles.

At first i had to rework configs and put all pieces together again in visitor cos it wouldnt go under 1.14 patch. then I've had to rework rvtmat files, cos there was some mess with paths...

finally my project files work again.

I am trying to use 3DE editor for my island, but i have problems importing anything to visitor.

I do everything as in readme file but i cant see any objects in buldozer and only small dots in visitor window with proper paths to models I've used in 3DE. Any one had similar problem?

edit: somehow I managed to import objects. I reoladed one of the models for plants and suddenly objects started to import. weird, and i dont know if that will last longer. but at least i know I am able to import them

This post has been edited by jones: Sep 25 2008, 22:16

--------------------

www.paraglite.org

Quote Post
PHiL
post Sep 26 2008, 06:45
Post #29

Member No.: 3,720

Good idea !

For what concern elevation, in my Island I used a method of my own that it's time consuming but is very accurate...
Find a military map with height levels of 5 meter, take the zone you need and try to fit it on your sat map of 20480x20480.
Once this is done you have to find the lowest height level and the highest one. Now you must count how many level you have between the highest and the lowest. For example, if you have 0 as lowest and 150 as highest we will have 32 levels. if you have water in your map add one or two extra levels that would be for example -5 and -10 so we have now a total of 34 level.

Now we will work with a grey scale of color that is 8bit (0-255) and we will cut it in 34 equals parts. 255/34= 7.5 that will be rounded to 7.

Now that the preparation is done we will begin with the hard part of the job ! Select every thing that have an height of 150, make a new layer and fill the selection with a grey of 255,
after that select everything that have an height of 145 make a new layer and fill the selection with a grey of (255-7) = 248.
For 140 => 241
For 135 => 234
For -10 => 0

Ok now you should have a grey height map with an accuracy of 5m.

You just have to add a little bit of noise, and blur the whole thing a little.

For the rest you now the path... set it to 2048x2048, import it in willbur, etc...

I used the method for my own map and it took me about 8 hours of work... but the terrain is very very accurate !

If you need more info...

--------------------
PHiL

Quote Post
jones
post Sep 26 2008, 15:42
Post #30

that was exactly what I did, plus some extra layer for details taken from satelite image. It needed a few tests but it worked perfectly.

the problem with objets seems to be path problem, i have to fix all paths in vis script everytime i want to use it in visitor. but it works.

This post has been edited by jones: Sep 26 2008, 15:47

--------------------

www.paraglite.org

Quote Post
jones
post Mar 17 2009, 22:56
Post #31

once again I am back to work on my island. it is slow as hell as I dont have too much time to work on it. and setting up all the small roads takes forever in visitor. I wouldnt be suprised if my map will be published for arma2 smile.gif

anyway, I wanted to fix the grass problem and I stuck. when in game there is no or litlle grass whatsoever, and watching it from helicopter or plane there are small flat spots of geometry in places the grass should be, changing to actual grass model when getting near by. there is no such an effect on any other islands i have.

--------------------

www.paraglite.org

Quote Post
Marko112
post Mar 18 2009, 20:50
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 4,346

Sounds very promising, great news that you have decided to continue your work, are their any new pics of your progress?

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 00:15