> Insomnia, Yay! What a cool thing!
Benoist
post Feb 8 2008, 11:00
Post #1

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

NOTE: This is a pointless thread, i'm just bored and i need to curse a little, if you keep reading you will know why. Also i don't know if i can post this here (i think that this is the correct place)

I don't remember (and it's not important rigth now) who once told me:
I want to have insomnia, must be cool!

Actually, no, it sucks.

But f*ck, the worst is that I agreed.

That was two years ago, now i have it. Not always but the bastard attacks me for 3 or 4 days.
And it's not that I "can't" sleep. Well, sometimes I don't sleep at all, but if I'm lucky sleep two or three hour in the nigth.
Then in the day if I want to take a nap I can lay on a bed, close my eyes and i can sleep, but when i wake up I realised that I only sleep for 5 f*cking minutes.
I could consider myself lucky for sleep some time, but it is also something very annoying because I can't do something that could take too much time since I don't know if I'm going to sleep or not.

Anyway, today I sleep from 2:XX to 4:50, but this time was a good time to woke up since my father wanted to shave me when I as asleep (long story), ten minutes after I woke up I see my father with a pair of scissors and a flashlight. I got bored and at 6:20 I got up, turned on the PC and I started to spare time reading pointless things in Wikipedia and reading new post in some forums.

And here I'm! With my third cup of coffee in the past two hours!
Mmm... maybe the coffee is the problem, but f*ck, I prefer coffee to sleep.

As i said, this thread is totaly pointless.

Oh, one curious anecdote:
Once I sleep just 6 hours in 5 days and i wasn't in my best mental state (although some people say that I never have a normal state, f*ck them) I was afraid to take a shower because I was thinking that the could change the water for acid. Yes, apart from very paranoid who the hell, and why, wanted to kill me? And why in so bizarre manner?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 8 2008, 11:10
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

If it's any help, you don't need to worry about someone changing the water for acid, because that would eat away at the pipes and destroy the system, saving yonself.

Of course, if they changed the water for a strong alkaline...

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Toadball
post Feb 8 2008, 13:11
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

you'd have a terrible case of limescale tongue.gif

Had insomnia a while back myself (adv higher exams combined with some personal issues, insomnia brought on by extreme stress sad.gif) so i sympathize, if it's as bad as you say i recommend meditation, as hippy as it sounds it does help get you to sleep.

Also, as hypocritical as it is for me to say: cut down on the coffee lol, I used to do 2x that regularly, didn't do me any good f*cked with the blood sugar levels. If your worried about your water turning to acid, keep drinking coffee like that and your sweat / blood will be acidic soon lol. Caffiene in solution is mildly acidic.

little side story:
ate about 3 mugs full of choclate covered coffee beans and had a botu 6 coffees in an hour, went to the gym, guy i was with could swear he was buzzing from the smell of caffiene in my sweat lol tongue.gif

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 8 2008, 14:18
Post #4

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

Insomnia? I have it, darn!
I can't sleep for more than six hours straight, tend to keep awake till far after midnight and am tired the whole day.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Feb 8 2008, 15:25
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,346

It is pure evil. I reckon I've has a chronic case for the past 7 years now and its gunna end up killing me so says my missus.

--------------------
- .B.O.H.I.C.A. - .D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

Quote Post
Bence
post Feb 8 2008, 15:39
Post #6

huns not dead

Member No.: 72

If you want to know a cool cure (never had insomnia), try this: go to a party, arrive home at 4-5AM (be drunk) and trust me, you won't wake up till 4PM in the afternoon!

To be serious, you should visit a doctor!

--------------------
HUNS
NOT
DEAD

Quote Post
Benoist
post Feb 8 2008, 15:45
Post #7

Group Icon

Haha, that always works!
And if not, well, you are drunk so you must had a good time.

Nope, unless it's something physical i don't see doctors. If it's something psychological i fix it on my own.

Quote Post
Bence
post Feb 8 2008, 16:41
Post #8

huns not dead

Member No.: 72

Then try to work hard a day to be tired and you will have a good sleep! Works for me!

--------------------
HUNS
NOT
DEAD

Quote Post
Retro19
post Feb 8 2008, 18:24
Post #9

Member No.: 1,595

Dont spend so much time of your computer then you will sleep. Drink de cafe or however you spell it. Or put some whisky in your coffie thatle send you off or atleast youll be too pissed to care that you cant sleep. All good ways to cure your Insomnia. Oh another one..... Try walking your dog or if your abit strange then walk your cat before you got to bed and you will be soo bored that you just pass out. Try and find a cure for cancer or somthing if your got all this spare non sleeping time.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 8 2008, 18:45
Post #10

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Don't drink caffine after midday! tongue.gif

If all else fails, drink heavily before going to sleep tongue.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Denz
post Feb 8 2008, 21:37
Post #11

Member No.: 599

What's wrong with insomnia? Damn useful thing if you ask me and I've had it since I was a kid. How else can you get everything done?
I never have more than 5 hours sleep a night - usually in two phases. As long as I don't wake my girlfriend up with the noise from the pc or tv it doesn't bother her either.
If you really want to get rid of it then look at what you eat. Coffee, tea, alcohol, nicotine and junk food (all the good things wink.gif ) all contain stimulants. So don't drink or eat any of them before bed or even several hours beforehand.
Has anything changed or caused stress recently?
I'd google "insomnia" if I were you and find out all you can about it.
It isn't life threatening. I've had it since I was about 7 or 8 so over 20 years now. But it is treatable to some extent - if you so wish.

--------------------

Quote Post
Benoist
post Feb 8 2008, 23:19
Post #12

Group Icon

Na, i only have it for some days. What i eat it's not the problem since i'm eat little and healty (little for normal people, enough for me) i just drink coffee (and alcohol, of course).

Stress? May be that's the reason but the good part about the insomnia is that you have a lot of free time (in bed) to think, so i normaly fix everything in matter of days/hours.

Also I can stay awake making mission in ArmA!

Quote Post
Denz
post Feb 9 2008, 02:34
Post #13

Member No.: 599

That wasn't really what I was saying. Just having caffeine in your system is going to have an effect on you.
I've learned to live with chronic insomnia and even find it beneficial at times. But then I have always been a grumpy sod tiredsmiley.gif
From the sounds of it you are suffering from transient insomnia.
If insomnia is truly a problem diet and stress are something you would need to look at if you wanted to fix it.

Alot of gamers seem to have this problem. I suppose it's the trade off for having better hand - eye coordination and faster reactions times wink.gif

Also I can stay awake making mission in ArmA!
That's what I do too.
If you do want something to do we have plenty of missions on OFPEC to download or join in the beta testing in the forums.
We'd happily take a look at any missions you create smile.gif It gives me something to do when I'm not sleeping tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 9 2008, 03:04
Post #14

Group Icon

It's 3 am now...Talking about insomnia.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Toadball
post Feb 9 2008, 03:45
Post #15

it's 20 to threeish here, my excuse work, the great thing i can still get up at my normal time, the flaw in this: after the first month my body clock left me for a better man sad.gif
I've got this feeling i could head to the states and be fine having done this kinda thing for god knows how long now

--------------------

Quote Post
Willus Killus
post Feb 9 2008, 09:39
Post #16

Member No.: 1,064

Lay off the computer a bit id recommend, I used to play tons of hours a day and I get say...? 3 hours of sleep a night, now I limit my time and im good.

Worked for me anyway.

Cheers

--------------------
If you make something idiot-proof, someone will create a better idiot.

Quote Post
Benoist
post Feb 9 2008, 19:43
Post #17

Group Icon

Well, after getting drunk yesterday in a party I finally came back to my home at 8:4X.
I was going to post something but I couldn't even start the PC so I went straight to bed.

I woke up at 3:00-3:20 PM, I slept six hours, enough for me.

Anyway I prefer to drink whisky while listening King Crimson or Jazz. My dream is to go back in time to the '50 and being in a New Orleans' bar.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 10 2008, 02:40
Post #18

Group Icon

Still awake now. Only a lethal dose of common sense is going to take me to bed earlier this evening.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Red Square Monkey
post Feb 10 2008, 03:26
Post #19

There will be cake.

Member No.: 117

Meh, 3:26 AM mellow.gif (GMT+1)

Is that a new record in this thread? tongue.gif

Quote Post
Toadball
post Feb 10 2008, 03:47
Post #20

nope, i'll be awake for the next 3 or 2 hours so i'll be around at 4am GMT + 0

--------------------

Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 23:25