Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
> Trigger Question : Specific Target
RolfLarsson
post Apr 29 2010, 00:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,525

I'm trying to create a scenario where the player, a civilian character, is charged with assassinating a BLUFOR officer.

I've already programmed a "friendly" relationship between East and Civilians. However, what I would like to do is make a trigger so that when the officer ("Target") detects the Player (and only the player), and the Player has a weapon equipped, the officer will fire upon the player.

In addition, I'd like to make a trigger to make the Target's bodyguards likewise fire on the Player when Player is detected (and is visibly armed).

Any tips? I've consulted the ArmA Editing guide by Hoffman, but the English is so awkward I can hardly understand parts of it.

Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
RolfLarsson
post May 2 2010, 21:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,525

The problem is that even when I try to create a trigger using the "knowsAbout" or "doFire" commands, the thing that ends up happening is that even when the target is being shot at, he will continue on as if nothing is happening.

The idea with this exercise was to create something resembling the "Hitman" games, where the target and other enemies would have their routines, and it would be up to the player to find the best way to eliminate the target and escape successfully.

Another part would be to create a trigger that, upon the elimination of the target, would allow the player three-five minutes to reach a certain distance away from the scene of the assassination, after which enemy troops/guard would be likely to find and fire upon the player. If the player was able to escape the city within that time, the guards would have no idea where to start looking for the killer.

This post has been edited by RolfLarsson: May 2 2010, 21:04

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 18:29