Forum Rules Forum Rules
> Creating a class
Generation Killer
post Apr 18 2013, 07:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,168

Hey everyone,

I just started playing ArmA again. I want to put a my own class together for from existing units and weapons. Anyone still know how to do that? Any advice would be nice, but videos would especially be great.

To precise if you're interested, what I wanted to do is take the Comms Sgt from the ODA 529 unit pack and it with some various guns from the AimPoint Desert Weapons Pack, maybe create a new SF squad based off it. Just wanted to make some a squad for a Black Hawk Down vid or whatever.

Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
D@V£
post Apr 18 2013, 21:26
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

To the best of my knowledge, there's no real tutorial on this sort of thing.

You can write .cpp files in notepad, just remember to save them as "config.cpp". If you're having problems, make sure windows isn't hiding extensions, which it likes to do. Nothing sucks like finding out after several days of headaches that the real reason nothing works is because your OS isn't telling you the file is actually named "config.cpp.txt" unsure.gif

IMHO, the best PBO tool is BinPBO, included in the BIS tools suite (which you can grab by clicking here). PBOs are kinda like .zip or .rar files, in that they're compressed folders. To use BinPBO, create a working directory for your addon in the virtual P:\ drive, run BinPBO and punch in your folder name, then it'll create a pbo you can stick in your addon folder.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:23