--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 1 2009, 13:36
Post #22

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

There aren't going to be any new additions made in patch(es). The patch(es) will only contain fixes to problems. I've seen people posting their wishlists, and would like to say: Save yourselves the effort, they won't be looked at, and certainly not considered. Adding new content with the "global" release of ArmA2 so near is not worth the effort.

The mod is not usable in ArmA2 because we converted all of the models in the release to the ODOL-format for obvious reasons (to prevent theft & porting). "We" have only managed to get MLOD-format models to work in ArmA2 so far.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
OFPCAT
post Jun 1 2009, 13:50
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,756

Let's dont ask too much. Now the current things are more than I thought to be inclulded. But for german MG man, whether you missed the MG tool kit attached or just don't make for that? In addition, maybe could get american crews in future.

Quote Post
zip
post Jun 1 2009, 13:55
Post #24

Member No.: 2,272

Im suffering for a game crash sad.gif why does it keep crashing for me?!

I did as you told (copy the addons into the sub folder yammer.gif ) havent updated to 1.08 tough (still downloading) but can that be the issue?

Quote Post
Ingeneer
post Jun 1 2009, 14:11
Post #25

Member No.: 5,772

QUOTE(joffre257 @ Jun 1 2009, 16:31) *
Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B is ever in our mod wink.gif

Good work!

--------------------
Liberation Mod 1941-1945 for OFP

Quote Post
Cappe!
post Jun 1 2009, 14:24
Post #26

Member No.: 5,029

I have spotted some easter-eggs:
French Resistance fighters
Sten SMG
Bren LMG
Lee Enfield rifle
Flametrower (Found in the squads section only)
M10 tank file on the Addons folder
French civilians
Arhem island

Nice work guys i love this mod! thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Cappe!: Jun 1 2009, 14:48

Quote Post
xEnigmax
post Jun 1 2009, 14:25
Post #27

Member No.: 952

great job on the release guys,
very impressive.

I don't have any such error on the dusts stream,\
The only error i got last night was regarding the Pak40 rvmat(i think)
Will check later and Screen shot if no one else confirms.

This post has been edited by xEnigmax: Jun 1 2009, 14:27

--------------------

WW2 Fanatic.

Quote Post
zip
post Jun 1 2009, 14:27
Post #28

Could someone please help me with my issues please? helpsos.gif helpsos.gif

Quote Post
xEnigmax
post Jun 1 2009, 14:29
Post #29

Member No.: 952

QUOTE(zip @ Jun 1 2009, 14:27) *
Could someone please help me with my issues please? helpsos.gif helpsos.gif

I would imagine the mod would run on the latest patched version of arma.
I get no trouble with crashing and such,
Only the RVmat.
Try it again after you've patched to 1.08.
If that still doesn't work patch your way upto 1.14 and try again.

--------------------

WW2 Fanatic.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jun 1 2009, 15:59
Post #30

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Found some bugs:

1. Arhem always starts with messed up HDR with the default time/date settings. Takes a few seconds to get to normal lighting. Not a huge issue. (Didn't check with other time/date settings)
2. Flamethrower groups are included, but the units aren't finished.
3. Sporadic CTDs. I assume this is due to one of the new scripts. Don't know which.
4. Lots of vehicles don't have destroyed textures.

Concerning the injury system, is it really worthwhile? AI medics don't seem to be programmed to help incapacitated soldiers, meaning that they're effectively dead anyway. And I'll bet that given the choice players will just team switch if they get incapacitated. Seems to me to be a waste of system resources.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Bastian
post Jun 1 2009, 16:42
Post #31

Member No.: 1,092

Strange, for myself I have seen Medics engage in trying to heal-up soldiers.

Quote Post
Cappe!
post Jun 1 2009, 16:54
Post #32

Member No.: 5,029

Here is picture of the PAK40 rvmat error:
Picture
This error happens when i add the Pak40 bunker on editor or when i play the first mission of the campaign.

This post has been edited by Cappe!: Jun 1 2009, 16:57

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jun 1 2009, 17:19
Post #33

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Bastian @ Jun 1 2009, 16:42) *
Strange, for myself I have seen Medics engage in trying to heal-up soldiers.

True, but this only happens when they're in range of the wounded soldiers. AI medics don't actively move towards injured allied soldiers unless they're on a support waypoint, otherwise they'll just sit around like lemons and expect injured soldiers to make their way to them.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 1 2009, 17:37
Post #34

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(zip @ Jun 1 2009, 14:55) *
Im suffering for a game crash sad.gif why does it keep crashing for me?!

I did as you told (copy the addons into the sub folder yammer.gif ) havent updated to 1.08 tough (still downloading) but can that be the issue?

Could be it, Queen's Gambit is not required, but 1.08 might. We expect anyone that has the game to always keep their game up to date (either 1.08 or 1.14 since not all patches work right for everyone) through free patches, which is why there is no mention of it in the readme. It should work from 1.08 upwards.

1. Arnhem always starts with messed up HDR with the default time/date settings. Takes a few seconds to get to normal lighting. Not a huge issue. (Didn't check with other time/date settings)
2. Flamethrower groups are included, but the units aren't finished.
3. Sporadic CTDs. I assume this is due to one of the new scripts. Don't know which.
4. Lots of vehicles don't have destroyed textures.

1. The Oosterbeek island was imported by our coder just for the sake of importing it, and wasn't touched up by anyone else as far as I know.
2. Not a bug, just a placeholder that was never filled and not hidden.
3. Either it's due to the scripts, or insufficient RAM (or both).
4. Not a bug, just something that we didn't have time for.

The injury system will probably be simplified in the first patch, though not for the reasons that have been mentioned.

This post has been edited by I44_John: Jun 1 2009, 17:40

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
zip
post Jun 1 2009, 20:22
Post #35

QUOTE(xEnigmax @ Jun 1 2009, 15:29) *
I would imagine the mod would run on the latest patched version of arma.
I get no trouble with crashing and such,
Only the RVmat.
Try it again after you've patched to 1.08.
If that still doesn't work patch your way upto 1.14 and try again.

It worked biggrin.gif sorry for no replying, I have been inv44 busy all day

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Jun 2 2009, 00:31
Post #36

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

LOL the first mission ate my computer for breakfast, turned down settings then was acceptable, i need some more RAM me thinks. Stunning work guys! really good fun so far!

--------------------

Quote Post
Canukausiuka
post Jun 2 2009, 03:04
Post #37

Member No.: 3,037

I think there may have been some binarization errors in the final release, and I'd like to apologize for them (Quality Control was my lane, and I didn't check post-binarizing). And the buggy wounded script is also my lane, and whenever we get a patch out, it will include a toned-down version.

I'm surprised, tbh, by some of the errors being reported though. The RVMATs on the PaK should have been fixed unless an old version made it in by accident. The script error in the "dust trails", are y'all using the newest version? I do not have that error, although I can think of a possible cause (that script uses the OFP-style drop syntax, but it works fine for me). And I have no idea why the panzerfaust would cause a crash.

There are a few units (and weapons, and vehicles) that were "disabled" prior to release... as John explained, these were mostly my placeholders so I could try some code out. When I was still a student, I had time enough to code faster than I was getting addons (*sigh*, all that time, how I miss it...). I did not remove the files so that any missions that referenced them would not crash. I can't recall whether I "disabled" the resistance fighters, but again, you are looking at my handiwork, not an artist's. Those weapons were mostly me testing some British values in my config (that and I thought they'd be helpful for anyone trying to make an I44-Warfare mission... my attempt was abysmal!).

Some of the things folks have noticed are unfortunately limits placed by the engine. For instance, the mortars make you stare at the sky. Annoying as Hell, but that was a side effect of having the mortar actually function properly... the engine has you look along the barrel. The rifle grenades work like M203s, b/c the "mortar" feature of OFP doesn't work well in ArmA since the introduction of cfgMagazines. The weapon handling characteristics are all based on simplified geometries and formulas. This creates good results most of the time, but you will notice that full-caliber automatic weapons kick hard and don't turn quick. Go prone and things get nicer, at least recoilwise.

Since I am at my annual military training right now, please understand that the patch will be a few weeks at the earliest. But we will get one to you, and we will be back for ArmA2. Have fun in the editor, if nothing else. Oh, and our stuff looks quite nice on the CWR islands. If I get a chance, I may port some OFP missions to those islands, but no promises.

- Canukausiuka smile.gif

--------------------
I44 Coder/Scripter/Sounds Guy

Quote Post
zip
post Jun 2 2009, 07:18
Post #38

The fixed mg42 posistions tripod/neast is f*cked too sad.gif the unit/man is forced into the ground so only his head and tousho is above ground. It also makes it a pain in the ass for the player to shoot with it lol

Quote Post
OFPCAT
post Jun 2 2009, 09:11
Post #39

Member No.: 5,756

Thank you for the above regarding your scripting work. Fully understand it's not an easy coding work for such a large Mod and only could work in freetime. Do appreciate all what've done really. By way, whether M10 tank destroyer was also disabled prior to the release?
Now I got two issues when playing it. One is unexpected crash from the game during play and the other is hard to control those rifles, especially for automatic ones, such as MG, BAR, Mp43,etc.. It seems the fire recoiling is very strong and almost couldn't shoot effectively to the enemy even in a not far distance. Sometimes, only after one or two shoots, then the following fire will let bullets fly to half-sky.
For animations, first impression is very similar to that of ACE Mod, but should be easier than play under ACE ( In ACE, would be very slow in moving when hold a MG and personally dont like that for degrading the gaming amusement ). All others are nice but just AI seems not very sensitive to engagment and sometimes always linger around the same place and dont move forward.

Quote Post
fredoryan
post Jun 2 2009, 12:47
Post #40

Member No.: 5,321

The errors in this version are acceptable rolleyes.gif , it remains an excellent job with beautiful textures.
Thank you. worship.gif

(sorry for my bad english)

--------------------
La mort est plus universelle que la vie: tout le monde meurt, mais tout le monde ne vit pas.

A.Sach

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:36