Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> can I run arma 2?
GIJOE94
post Nov 4 2009, 22:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 767

Hi, can I run arma 2 on these specs: intel dual core E5300 2 x 2.6 ghz dual core, 2gb ddr2 ram, Nvidia geforce 9600gt 1gb ddr2 ?

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Jeza
post Nov 4 2009, 22:30
Post #2

Guests

Yup shouldnt be a problemo, apart maybe from the RAM cutting performance abit but seemingly your in the clear smile.gif

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Nov 4 2009, 22:33
Post #3

Member No.: 767

QUOTE(Jeza @ Nov 4 2009, 21:30) *
Yup shouldnt be a problemo, apart maybe from the RAM cutting performance abit but seemingly your in the clear smile.gif

Ah brilliant! Thanks mate, the gi's coming back to the arma community!

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Jeza
post Nov 4 2009, 23:42
Post #4

Guests

Good to hear.

They may not meen much but there some sort of a pointer to go on, and as i've said before i know few who have done it on old nvidia and p4

Minimal Specs:
- Windows XP/Vista
- Dual-core processor
- 512 MiByte RAM
- Graphics card with 256 MiB VRAM and Shader Model 3.0

Recommended Specs:
- Windows XP/Vista
- Quad-core processor
- 1 GiByte RAM
- Graphics card with 512 MiByte VRAM and Shader Model 3.0

Quote Post
DuggeDank
post Nov 24 2009, 14:22
Post #5

Member No.: 6,820

I don't want to create yet another "can I run it" thread so I'll post my question here, hopefully someone will see it.

I'm thinking of buying myself a laptop, but I'm not looking for a very expensive one, it's just so that I'll have something to do on long trips by train or if I'm off somewhere with no other entertainment available. It will be my first laptop, I have always kept to my stationary so far.

Besides movies and such things, one thing I would like to do is to run the mission editor for ArmA II. That means the game needs to start, but it doesn't have to run perfectly.
I've found a demonstration unit that doesn't seem to be very torn up that I'm interested in, specs below. ~5000 SEK (~470 Euro, ~700 USD)

CODE
Compaq Presario - HP  CQ61-100eo/so
- Not sure about the model designation since I'm in Sweden, it may be called something totally different elsewhere.

Intel® Pentium® Dual Core Processor T3400
2,16 GHz, 1 MB level-2-cache

NVIDIA GeForce G 103M
512 dedicated MB
Up to 1790 MB from RAM

1 x 1024 MB + 1 x 2048 MB RAM

I think the GeForce 103M has Pixel shader 3.0, but I honestly have no idea. Will ArmA II run without Shader 3.0?

So am I just being stupid and better off with a completely different laptop or might this idea work?
Maybe someone even knows the computer and whether it's good or not?
It is quite weighty at 2.75 kg, but I'm not sure I can survive a smaller screen than 15", or if there are any smaller laptops in my price range that are powerful enough.

Thanks
/DD

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:46