Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)
Polish GI
post Aug 19 2010, 19:01
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 282

Posting by one of our members Sgt Savage:

"These are shots of a WIP island CSJ is working on, he has been experimenting with different types of foliage as you can see. This island is not scheduled in the upcoming release but if you ask CSJ very nicely he might finish it off.. And yes they were taken in OA"

Please keep in mind that this is a WIP island. It is not planned for the upcoming Unsung release... CSJ is working on it as time permits... But there is no indication that it will be released in the near future. This is just to show you guys things we are working on at the moment...

Cheers!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4190/34958535.jpg

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8470/78349484.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7834/29426834.jpg

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1551/84943317.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3181/13222900.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3098/44485124.jpg

--------------------

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... Victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Sep 10 2010, 10:19
Post #22

Member No.: 424

Quoting our mod leader CJ525 from our BIS forum thread:

Good news and bad news.

First the sites provider took a hit. We took a head shot and went down hard (not getting up). Our site has been blown away. Goodnews is R1 is final just getting our ftp up again so we can do one more internal run through then it's out the door, no dates but it will happen very very soon. estimates on R1 size before compression is 1.8 gigs, so there is alot of "stuff" you'll be able to kill, blow up, tryout and have some fun with. the release will be distributed to the usual sites whilst we get ours back up. we wont hold off release while re rebuild the site.

Sorry for the delay guys but stuff happens.

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Sep 21 2010, 22:26
Post #23

Ok guys, handbook has been released... go grab it!

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat...4613&game=1

--------------------

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... Victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Oct 4 2010, 23:33
Post #24

Here is hoping we are close...

--------------------

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Oct 5 2010, 06:04
Post #25

test

This post has been edited by Polish GI: Oct 5 2010, 06:13

--------------------

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Oct 5 2010, 17:08
Post #26

MOD download is ready...

ARMANAM WEBSITE

--------------------

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Oct 16 2010, 23:07
Post #27

1st Patch is ready...

PATCH 1 Location

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Oct 24 2010, 15:45
Post #28

Member No.: 424

The Unsung MOD released some WIP pictures of the 33rd NVA regiment (Ia Drang Valley).

Enjoy wink.gif

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Mar 1 2011, 22:27
Post #29

There are a lively bunch of guys on the forums these days...

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Mar 1 2011, 23:02
Post #30

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Liven us up with some news... wink.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Mar 2 2011, 05:07
Post #31

Fair enough...

Hopefully, this works for now...

A Marine patrol is staking out a nearby village looking for bad people...

Unsung Marines

A US patrol has stopped by a local village based on a tip they received from the local population. Growing suspicious, they start interrogating the inhabitants... Various armored elements stop to see if the patrol needs any assistance or backup.

US PATROL 1
US PATROL 2
US PATROL 3

A grunt daydreaming as he and his unit approaches the vill. Overhead, a Skyraider stands watch over the unit ready to pound any enemy forces encountered.

US PATROL 4

A grunt stands watch as reinforcements arrive after a small gunbattle. There were 4 confirmed enemy KIAs and approximately 4-5 enemy WIAs during the engagement. US wounded have already been shipped out via a dustoff. The second pic is of a heavy lift chopper dropping in to supply to the platoon on the ground.

US PATROL 5
US PATROL 6

The platoon has moved on from the vill looking for bloodtrails and any sign of enemy wounded being left behind. The Battalion CO wants a high body count on this mission.

US PATROL 7

During the patrol, the weather starts to go south as it normally does during the 'wet season'.

US PATROL 8

Visibility is now becoming an issue and the platoon needs to slow its pace down. No need getting separated from each other and putting the unit in a bad position to defend itself.

US PATROL 9

After about an hour or so, the rain let up a bit allowing the platoon to carrying on with its patrol. By this time though, the enemy is long gone and the platoon commander radios battalion to set up an evac point and get the platoon out of the area.

US PATROL 10

This post has been edited by Polish GI: Mar 2 2011, 05:15

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Mar 2 2011, 08:54
Post #32

Group Icon

Nice screens, loving the UH34!
I cannot make a model on the PC to save my life so mine is a little more old school....

Can you please confirm if any of this is WIP?

Will post this as news however if there is anything you wish to add or any comments you want to make, let me know so I may edit it in

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Mar 2 2011, 16:38
Post #33

QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 2 2011, 00:54) *
Nice screens, loving the UH34!
I cannot make a model on the PC to save my life so mine is a little more old school....

Can you please confirm if any of this is WIP?

Will post this as news however if there is anything you wish to add or any comments you want to make, let me know so I may edit it in

Cool Model! yeah, the 34 is a neat helicopter! Wait, you will love the radial sounds we have for it when its released!

Confirm that these items are a WIP? I would not say a Work in Progress anymore... They are all sitting in the motorpool ready to go once given the green light.

We have the next release coming up... In its final stages prior to release. Compiling and error checking everything as best we can... No firm date yet, but it is coming up. Hope everyone is still interested in the MOD. We are having fun putting it together. There are a lot of hours into this project and we hope it shows on the next release.

Hopefully, that helps.

This post has been edited by Polish GI: Mar 2 2011, 16:43

--------------------

Quote Post
Hawkins
post Mar 2 2011, 21:12
Post #34

Member No.: 545

Looking really good guys! I hope this release is error free, as the last one kept popping up a lot of errors and thus hindering myself from playing. Still in love with the mod and 'Nam in general!

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Mar 22 2011, 16:50
Post #35

Almost ready to release the next group of files... Coming up soon... Just a heads up!

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Mar 22 2011, 21:43
Post #36

Group Icon

Thanks, looking forward to it smile.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Mar 31 2011, 04:20
Post #37

To everyone...

Please keep in mind we are working our tails off to get this thing uploaded in a couple of different locations, so when it hits, people have options...

As opposed to a single site that everyone raids... Our hope/intent is to "try" and make the initial distribution "smooth" so that everyone can grab a copy...

But... this is like a 1.2-1.5GB file coming...

It will probably come in 2 different flavors... Flavor A) is a single download... but since we recognize the chance of someone's download timing out, we are creating Flavor B.

Flavor B has the MOD broken down into FIVE (5) pieces... This makes it easier to download without timing out... But we ALL need to work together to understand that ALL 5 pieces are required for the MOD.

We are hoping that we can nail this before the files turn public so everyone is informed. If you go for th single download, great, only one file to DL... but if you elect to go after the 5 piece download, please make sure you download all 5.

We are going to go for a couple of websites so that there is no one strain on a single website.

ArmedAssault.Info has graciously accepted to host it for us. Armaholic has graciously agreed to host the file. We are going to put it up on ARMANAM as well hoping that does not get shut down. And we are hoping to get it up on one of the various 3rd party hosting sites (e.g. megaupload).

Please keep in mind that this will be our last LARGE download like this. This bad boy got away from us and our intent is to get this stuff to the community. Not shut down websites due to bandwidth. So please be patient and appreciative of those websites that are hosting it. Their priority is to host for the community, not for a single download. So if they happen to go down, place the blame on us... We created the content and file size.

Again, we are working on it AS I type this... Hope you guys give us a little wiggle room along with the websites helping us to distribute the MOD.

Cheers to All,

Unsung

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Mar 31 2011, 04:31
Post #38

Group Icon

ArmA.info should be able to handle the traffic.

Worst case is generally that the download is a little slow wink.gif

Looking forward to your work Unsung Team!

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Mar 31 2011, 04:38
Post #39

QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 30 2011, 20:31) *
ArmA.info should be able to handle the traffic.

Worst case is generally that the download is a little slow wink.gif

Looking forward to your work Unsung Team!

Ok, great! We never want to assume or expect... We are just glad you guys can help us get it out.

--------------------

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:15