Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Armed Assault as a training simulation tool,II
Patton-Zhukov von Manstein
post Feb 26 2009, 16:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,186

Good day. I would like to ask for some info on the following, regarding Armed Assault

+Some screenshots (just 2 or 3) demonstrating the realism of Armed Assault, specifically the implementation of topography (I've found many screenshots of combat, etc, but NONE on the whole web showing the topographic map). Screenshots of other parts of the game that could show the potential employment for training would be really appreciated.

+Some advice on any realism mod developed for ARMA.

+Some advice about the status of AI. If I remember correctly, when I last played the game there were many, many AI and pathing problems. Have these been solved? Can I assign a player a squad or even a platoon of AI soldiers and expect them to behave correctly? (I don't want them to be super-intelligent killing machines, but I would want them to at least act coherently and follow orders properly).

+Suggestions about some missions already made emphasyzing tactical and doctrinal realism (for example, if the mission involves attacking a company-sized light infantry defensive position, the defenders are correctly organized and logically placed; they're not just 120 guys randomly scattered with lots of MGs).

I know I ask for a lot of specific things, so please don't waste your time on this if it requires too much work or something. Given the fact that nobody here knows me and this is my first post in these forums, I'm already abusing your generosity by just making you spend your time on reading this!

PD: VBS is not an option tongue.gif

Quote Post
gearofwar123
post Feb 27 2009, 00:14
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 3,345

Arma fail.

--------------------
Du

Du hast

Du HAST MIHSCK!!!!! -Rammestein

Quote Post
smulation11
post May 11 2009, 08:06
Post #3

Member No.: 5,715

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. thumbsup.gif

simulation rachat credit

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post May 11 2009, 10:01
Post #4

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

Bye bye Gearofwar123. All you do is spread your feelings of how crap you think ArmA is and add nothing to any of the topics you post in. As Wittmann has kindly put in your warning log. You're henceforth banned.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post May 11 2009, 10:03
Post #5

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

http://images.google.com.au/images?q=sahra...l=en&tab=wi

Topography. If you google 'Sahrani' you will get quite a few images.
As for a realism mod search for 'ACE' on our website, this mod adds quite a few nifty features which makes the game much more realistic and tactical.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
wipman
post May 11 2009, 20:35
Post #6

Member No.: 476

Hi, the ArmA's AI have huge problems with their "yeltsin pathfinding", for eaxmple, they are unable to walk by a between to four metters wide corridor,
the AI aproaches to the weapons/ammo boxes doing turns always that the box, wont' be close to any other object or vehicle; that then, they will refuse
to approach to the box. When they run out of ammo and they've an ammo box or any ammo source near, they'll approach the closer one and will rearm
'emselves with nades, even if there're brand new weapons with their own ammo inside that weapons/ammo source; if they're in any other behaviour than
Safe or Aware, they'll go prone several times (while doing pointless turns arround the weapons/ammo source) before rearm 'emselves if they don't cancel
your order at 1'5m from the weapons/ammo source.
Their accuraccy on some vehicles is between Zero to 15%, the AH-1Z Viper, the KA-52 Hokum and also handling the tanks MGs and other systems like the
TOW-IIB; when flying they have a sad tendency to crash againist trees, the ground and objects like houses or bridges. They are unable to keep maintain
the formation, if you've placed your units in the map heading North... then if you look East and order 'em to adapt a Line Formation... they'll look East but
will adapt the formation facing to the North, so you'll have a Column like formation instead.
The terrain. The terrain... what could we say about a terrain model that don't allows: rivers, threnches, tunnels or sewers?. And buildings where we can't
place OPFOR or any unit inside in a basic and simple way?.
The weapons systems. The weapons systems are WW-II systems basicaly... no FLIR, no working attachments on the weapons, no thermal image for any
tank, chopper or plane in the game and much less for portable devices like googles or scopes; also it's very easy to notice that the weapons sights, don't
really work as the real ones do, for something as basic and important as meassure the distance to the target and it's speed, on those sights that allow it
on the real life.
So basically... there's no realism in ArmA and it don't serves as a trainning tool for this and other reasons, other than to practice in PvP, versus the AI you
only could train your awareness and your shooting skills at less than 80m (were the bullet path is more stable). In my opinion... the ArmA don't serves as
a trainning tool, for this and many more reasons. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 23:11