> ArmA2 SLA pack V0.9
Banderas
post Feb 15 2010, 23:36
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,475

Hey Dave!

Thanks for these new releases! Keep up the good work thumbsup.gif

A strange bug I've met: in helicopters I cannot switch the engine off, it turns on automatically when I'm the pilot, and all the helos do like that, not only the addon ones.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 16 2010, 01:02
Post #42

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

I've never seen this bug in testing, AFAIK the only way that could be caused is if I've somehow overwritten the default helicopter class, and I don't think I've even referenced that in the config (the only references for aircraft are to the Mi8 base classes and the CDF Crocodile and Rook)

I need to be able to reproduce the error before I can understand what's causing it, could you let me know:
1. Does the error occur when only using the pack, and no other 3rd party addons? (as in, just default ArmA.2 and this)
2. Does the error occur when you aren't using the pack?
3. Which helicopters are effected? If possible could you test all of them? As well as any 3rd party helicopters you might be able to get your hands on.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Feb 16 2010, 11:12
Post #43

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

As I intend to post about this release on the Armed Assault.info news site, I need some gorgeous pics to enhance my poor words.
Do you intend to release official screen shots ? Or do I need to make some on my own ?

Addon already hosted on Armed Assault.info .ftp :
HSO_ArmA2_SLA_R2_PRELIM.7z

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 16 2010, 12:37
Post #44

Group Icon

I'll make some decent screens for the final release (or, if anyone wants to volunteer?), this version is more of a "public beta", though I've decided not to call it that. Because I know I'll make an obvious mistake and look like a complete idiot to anyone who actually understands that system...

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Tony Danza
post Feb 17 2010, 03:53
Post #45

From: Blue house with a blue little window and little blue corvette AND EVERYTHING IS BLUE!
Member No.: 6,268

I am not a fan of the weapons, could you please release a replacement back to BI weapons or maybe even RH and Vilas weapons?

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Feb 17 2010, 11:11
Post #46

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

Why not make one yourself. You should be happy with whatever the creator gives you, namely because he doesn't have to give you anything at all.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Benoist
post Feb 17 2010, 13:53
Post #47

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

First of all, quit with the agresion, he didn't say anything bad, second, I don't have to be happy with what I'm given, look at Bigmike addons, those were bad, not only aesthetically, also in the fact that he did nothing new, just copied and pasted pieces of addons one over the other. I don't have to be happy about it, or something that never asked for, like the U.S. Marines of "The Generation Kill" or BigMike addons.
I'm also in my right to make a constructive criticism now is on the right of the author (or will) to pay attention or not.

Shorting it out: He simply asked for a reemplacement pack and said that he didn't like the weapons, that's all.
He even asked with a "please".

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Feb 17 2010, 14:41
Post #48

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

I'm entitled to post my own thoughts, if you don't like them then it's tough Benoist. It's hardly hard to make a replacement pack either.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 17 2010, 15:12
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE(Tony Danza @ Feb 17 2010, 02:53) *
I am not a fan of the weapons, could you please release a replacement back to BI weapons or maybe even RH and Vilas weapons?

Well, I was going to consider not doing this, but now that you've suggested it, no. However, I'd have no arguments if anyone was to create a replacement mod to use the BI weapons or whatever weapon set they might choose. There are two very obvious reasons for this:

1. Compatibility:
I don't want 500-odd different versions of this pack floating around. This is why I've requested any distributed modifications be done so under different file and class names. This makes it easier for everyone, as it means they don't need to f*ck around finding the exact version they need for to play a mission, or online with their friends.

2. Time:
I have other projects I'm working on, and, believe it or not, an active social and work life, I don't have time to make every single modification of the pack people request, that's why I've designed it thus far to be as modular as possible.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Lex89
post Feb 18 2010, 19:28
Post #50

Member No.: 2,761

Nice pack mate.

The \addons work perfectly for me, with and without others addons or Mods.

But the only suggestion that i can ask is, can you make the SLA weapons compatible with the soundmods?

It's a bit strange hear the stock ArmA2's AK when using some soundmod.

However those SLA are great! now I'm just waiting the RACS, for another War on Sahrani ( Without Americans that help the RACS tongue.gif )

see ya!

--------------------
]HsI[ Multigaming Italian Clan

Now on ArmA2
and
America's Army 3

Sorry for my bad English.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 19 2010, 10:36
Post #51

Group Icon

I don't know if this is possible. I want to create an ACE compatible version in the future, that'll probably work with the ACE soundmod, but AFAIK any other soundmod would require a rewrite of the weapon pack config.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Mar 20 2010, 16:31
Post #52

Member No.: 43

I'm having great fun with your SLA D@ve, can't wait to see what you're preparing for future.

Many thanks thumbsup.gif

Quote Post
Banderas
post Sep 12 2010, 14:25
Post #53

Member No.: 5,475

Howdy D@V£!

I'd like to ask wether the SLA will get some of the new vehicles from OA (L-39, BTR-60, BTR-40, T-55), or some reskin of the new RHS stuff already out (BTR-70, BMD-1/2)?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 13 2010, 17:53
Post #54

Group Icon

QUOTE(Banderas @ Sep 12 2010, 14:25) *
Howdy D@V£!

I'd like to ask wether the SLA will get some of the new vehicles from OA (L-39, BTR-60, BTR-40, T-55), or some reskin of the new RHS stuff already out (BTR-70, BMD-1/2)?

Some of the vehicles in OA will probably show up if there's a third release (if being the operative word), I'm trying to come up with a good solution for cross compatablity between ArmA.2 and OA versions before anything gets released though.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
rolfwar
post Apr 10 2012, 16:15
Post #55

Member No.: 9,548

eeehm i am not able to run this mod why is it? I install the addons and everything,but when i go in the armory and click on,let's say, BRDM-2 SLA it shows just the wheels and then the game crashes!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 10 2012, 17:43
Post #56

Group Icon

That sounds like you've just installed the config .pbo - you should have these files in your addon folder for vanilla:
hso_arma2_weaps.pbo
hso_arma2_weaps.pbo.HSO.bisign
hso_slainf.pbo
hso_slainf.pbo.HSO.bisign
hso_arma2_weaps_cfg.pbo
hso_arma2_weaps_cfg.pbo.HSO.bisign
hso_slainf_cfg.pbo
hso_slainf_cfg.pbo.HSO.bisign

Or these if you're using Combined Operations:
hso_arma2_weaps.pbo
hso_arma2_weaps.pbo.HSO.bisign
hso_slainf.pbo
hso_slainf.pbo.HSO.bisign
hso_arma2_weaps_cfg_oa.pbo
hso_arma2_weaps_cfg_oa.pbo.HSO.bisign
hso_slainf_cfg_oa.pbo
hso_slainf_cfg_oa.pbo.HSO.bisign

If that doesn't fix the problem, it's possible you've got a corrupted archive, try re-downloading, preferably from a different site.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:21