IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
23 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game Reviews And Discussion-Thread, Proudly sponsored by the Armedassault.info Game Critics Association
Nuker
post Nov 19 2006, 19:13
Post #121

Group: Members
Member No.: 95

AA was a great game a few years ago. It has changed quite alot now.

--------------------

Quote Post
King Homer
post Nov 19 2006, 22:13
Post #122

The King

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 5

Yes. I downloaded the 2.7 version today and completed that HMMWV and Javelin training. Bit easy I guess in comparison to the older trainings wink.gif

Functions didn't change much and Bridge still looks the same. New Iron sights are cool (remember, last version I played was 2.0) but I'm missing the oldschool iron's from 2002 wink.gif

--------------------
Former "Uber"-Administrator.

Quote Post
Nuker
post Nov 20 2006, 18:09
Post #123

QUOTE(King Homer @ Nov 19 2006, 22:13) *

Yes. I downloaded the 2.7 version today and completed that HMMWV and Javelin training. Bit easy I guess in comparison to the older trainings wink.gif

Functions didn't change much and Bridge still looks the same. New Iron sights are cool (remember, last version I played was 2.0) but I'm missing the oldschool iron's from 2002 wink.gif

So they have made the trainings eassier? Doesn't really suprise me. They were quite difficult.

--------------------

Quote Post
King Homer
post Nov 20 2006, 18:42
Post #124

The King

Yeah but I liked the difficulty! You had to be really good to take the challenger, but now everyone can play AA!

--------------------

Quote Post
Nuker
post Nov 20 2006, 19:06
Post #125

QUOTE(King Homer @ Nov 20 2006, 18:42) *

Yeah but I liked the difficulty! You had to be really good to take the challenger, but now everyone can play AA!

Yep, true. But I doubt if the developers of AA care about that (yet I do). Their income will only increase this way i guess. The difficulty was ok, you were still able to complete the whole training. With some effort that is.

--------------------

Quote Post
DaRat
post Nov 20 2006, 19:14
Post #126

~Established April, 2004~

Member No.: 34

Was AA REALLY meant for recruiting people into the US Army, or was that just some sales hype/ forum gossip??

Quote Post
Nuker
post Nov 20 2006, 19:17
Post #127

QUOTE(da rat @ Nov 20 2006, 19:14) *

Was AA REALLY meant for recruiting people into the US Army, or was that just some sales hype/ forum gossip??

Quote from the wiki:

America's Army (also known as AA or Army Game Project) is a tactical multiplayer first-person shooter owned by the United States Government and released as a global public relations initiative to help with U.S. Army recruitment.

So ye, it's ment for recruiting and P.R.

--------------------

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Nov 20 2006, 20:42
Post #128

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Nuker @ Nov 20 2006, 18:17) *

Quote from the wiki:

America's Army (also known as AA or Army Game Project) is a tactical multiplayer first-person shooter owned by the United States Government and released as a global public relations initiative to help with U.S. Army recruitment.

So ye, it's ment for recruiting and P.R.

its free so its not for money. just to advertise the army and how apparently 'good' they are. ofcourse they leave out completly the fact that if you play the game for 4 years they send you to college for free. tongue.gif (joke)

Il2 1946 released this month. its all the il2 games combined, with added jets etc... X-ray you still up for some flying? ill msn you when i get it.

--------------------

Quote Post
King Homer
post Nov 20 2006, 22:08
Post #129

The King

What does the 1946 stand for? That the airwar continued after the fall of the third Reich?

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 20 2006, 23:51
Post #130

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Played some AA with Homer last night.

Got kicked from one server in the UK while playing Bridge for 'camping'

I was on defence...

Moved to another server and had some fun smile.gif The King is a Scharfschütze par excellance smile.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
DaRat
post Nov 20 2006, 23:58
Post #131

I hate games where 'camping' is frowned upon.. It's a recognised military tactic also kown as sniping tiredsmiley.gif

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Nov 21 2006, 00:15
Post #132

The Il2 Fan

QUOTE(King Homer @ Nov 20 2006, 21:08) *

What does the 1946 stand for? That the airwar continued after the fall of the third Reich?

its a fictional (oh what do you call it when everything you do in the campaign affects the total campaign?), well anyway that word campaign. its based on the war lasting a year longer and germany further developing there jet program. Basiccly a bit of fun for the Mardox team before they all switch over to battle of britian. there is a realistic campaign with il2's over manchuria aswell. it also includes al previous packs which is why im grabbing it.

edit : oh DYNAMIC!! thats it

I hate games where 'camping' is frowned upon.. It's a recognised military tactic also kown as sniping

depends what game. in rainbow six campers are just asses, they sit behind a door any you dont stand a chance. but on other games i enjoy hunting snipers and killing them in humiliating ways

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 21 2006, 00:59
Post #133

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Well in this there is a bridge. One team defends it, the other must assault it and reach an extract point

I think its a valid tactic to sit back and let them come accross he bridge and take them down, I dont see why I must attack if Im defending tongue.gif They have smoke grenades and cover, let them come!

Anyway never going to that server again, had fun on a differet one smile.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Nov 21 2006, 01:13
Post #134

The Il2 Fan

QUOTE(Wittmann @ Nov 20 2006, 23:59) *

Well in this there is a bridge. One team defends it, the other must assault it and reach an extract point

I think its a valid tactic to sit back and let them come accross he bridge and take them down, I dont see why I must attack if Im defending tongue.gif They have smoke grenades and cover, let them come!

Anyway never going to that server again, had fun on a differet one smile.gif

yes i know that map well. the worst thing is when the attackers decide to sit and defende, just a long standoff. I always like plonking down next to the truck and laying down MG fire to the other side of bridge.

--------------------

Quote Post
King Homer
post Nov 21 2006, 06:58
Post #135

The King

THe problem in AA is, there is no real sniping, there is no place where a sniper could hide and take out targets without being seen. You either got shot by some M249 acrobat or blown up by a well placed 40 mm grenade. Your only chance seems to be faster than the others are, but I guess that should always be the case wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Nov 21 2006, 09:45
Post #136

The Il2 Fan

its easier on some of the newer maps, like the middle east towns, with all those holes in buildings to pop up in.

--------------------

Quote Post
King Homer
post Nov 21 2006, 14:44
Post #137

The King

Yes but a profi AA player knows them all. There is no real need of a sniper in AA, if he can't take the role as sniper serious!

--------------------

Quote Post
DaRat
post Nov 21 2006, 18:21
Post #138

That's kinda why I prefer ofp missions with no respawn. You kinda value your life more than on games where ou can just charge forward at a sniper, die, respawn and try again - Your life means nothing, so you dont need to employ tactics

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Nov 21 2006, 19:08
Post #139

The Il2 Fan

QUOTE(da rat @ Nov 21 2006, 17:21) *

That's kinda why I prefer ofp missions with no respawn. You kinda value your life more than on games where ou can just charge forward at a sniper, die, respawn and try again - Your life means nothing, so you dont need to employ tactics

good point, hope theres itleast somthing to stop players of ArmA not giving a dam about there life like the norm in FPS's. probably be balanced by the large distances you have to travel.

--------------------

Quote Post
King Homer
post Nov 21 2006, 19:15
Post #140

The King

Okay, enough bunnyhopping and other shit for today. Will wait for ArmA next week, will install no other game until this day wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 21:36