IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Addon Request Topic, Request any addons here. And please don't bump when no one replie
Eddie
post Oct 21 2007, 20:15
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 1,420

Has anybody put any htought into surface to air missile units. You can find them all over the modern battlefield. Therefore they should be part of the game.

Could someone take the BRDM-2 ATGW change the load out to some strelas and voila you have a SA-9 Gaskin

Or maybe a SA-2........

NIM-23 Hawk.......

M2770 Chapparal...... a M113 with sidewinders

i think this could be rather feaseable with the stuff thats already int he game.....

Unfortunately i have many great ideas but no design skills.....

--------------------
wld427 on BI forums

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Oct 22 2007, 12:32
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 767

QUOTE(Eddie @ Oct 21 2007, 20:15) *
Has anybody put any htought into surface to air missile units. You can find them all over the modern battlefield. Therefore they should be part of the game.

Could someone take the BRDM-2 ATGW change the load out to some strelas and voila you have a SA-9 Gaskin

Or maybe a SA-2........

NIM-23 Hawk.......

M2770 Chapparal...... a M113 with sidewinders

i think this could be rather feaseable with the stuff thats already int he game.....
Unfortunately i have many great ideas but no design skills.....

It has already been made! It was in some pack that included a UAV, buldozer and other stuff. It's not on a truck or anything but it's effective.

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Denz
post Oct 22 2007, 15:46
Post #43

Member No.: 599

What we really need is all the unglamorous stuff that nobody wants to work on.
Buildings, objects, more of a variety of civil civilians - instead of soccer hooligans
Workers for the oil fields those sort of things but instead most seem to want to create yet another version of the M4 blues.gif
Military equipment is all well and good but we want it in missions where it can be seen and to make the most of it we need realistic background furniture
Just my two cents

--------------------

Quote Post
tigerkid28
post Oct 22 2007, 23:00
Post #44

Member No.: 974

QUOTE(GIJOE94 @ Oct 22 2007, 12:32) *
It has already been made! It was in some pack that included a UAV, buldozer and other stuff. It's not on a truck or anything but it's effective.

a link gimme a link omg i want a link pls

--------------------
[ig]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/tigerkid28/Forum%20pics/DarkSig-1.jpg[/img]

<Sig not in compliance with forum regulations>

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Oct 26 2007, 12:31
Post #45

Member No.: 1,346

I would like to put forward a request for an M4 weapons addon/mod pack. The BIS weapons are fine but lack variety.
A point I would like to make is that these weapons DO NOT have the foregrip due to the current limitation in ArmA of having the players hand only being animated to hold the weapon a set way making it look terrible. Its bad enough as it is seeing hands going through grenade launchers! I would like to see the AN/PEQ-2 mounted on the TOP rail and the TacLight mounted on the LEFT rail. This seems to be pretty common practice in real life too and its the way I like to have my own weapon configured. I would do this myself but so far my modding skills have only just gotten the basics of the Config and Script...

M4A1 with Iron Sights and M203 Grenade Launcher.
M4A1 with AimPoint Optic and AN/PEQ-2 and TacLight.
M4A1 with AimPoint Optic and AN/PEQ-2 and TacLight and M203 Grenade Launcher.
M4A1 with AimPoint Optic and AN/PEQ-2 and TacLight and Suppressor.
M4A1 with AimPoint Optic and AN/PEQ-2 and TacLight and M203 Grenade Launcher and Suppressor.
M4A1 with ACOG Optic and AN/PEQ-2 and TacLight.
M4A1 with ACOG Optic and AN/PEQ-2 and TacLight and Suppressor.

This would be great for all those modern infantry and SF fans in the comminuty I am sure it would be popular.

How about it anyone?

--------------------
- .B.O.H.I.C.A. - .D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

Quote Post
Sheildsy
post Oct 26 2007, 14:47
Post #46

Member No.: 876

I more or less have all that in M16's. but really cant be assed making it an M4 pack unless someone wants to give me an M4 Model from ArmA.

--------------------

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Oct 27 2007, 13:51
Post #47

The M16 is all very good and well but I want those M4 variants for Australian + New Zeadland + American Special Forces to go with the mini campaign I'm making for the Iran/Iraq border map.

--------------------

Quote Post
Eddie
post Nov 3 2007, 19:52
Post #48

Group Icon

are there not enough M-4 and M-16 mods out there already

Lets get the Tanks, Aircraft, and Helicopters we had in OFP imported here. The variety makes gameplay all the better

and SAM units!!!!

--------------------
wld427 on BI forums

Quote Post
Ville Valo
post Nov 8 2007, 14:23
Post #49

Member No.: 936

I would be very very happy if someone ported the Chernobyl mod for regular ofp to ArmA. One who does it is a god, i adore you

Quote Post
Toadball
post Nov 8 2007, 18:22
Post #50

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

QUOTE(Denz)
What we really need is all the unglamorous stuff that nobody wants to work on.
Buildings, objects, more of a variety of civil civilians - instead of soccer hooligans..

I'm putting together some basic models for general civilian buildings using SketchUp with aims to import them once I've got ArmA set up and the necessary editing tools.

If anyone wants to import them before I get my game set up please by all means ask via PM or MSN/Email and I'll send you the files but I'd like the credit for the basic models. (All will require texturing but are basic enough to allow any texturer to be fairly varied with how they do it and to produce multiple variants of each model)

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
communistbastard
post Nov 11 2007, 07:10
Post #51

Member No.: 1,086

/offtopic
o_O SketchUp I haven't used that since High School (4 years ago) but it was hot shit back then - I discovered it and got my school to buy it for an architecture course.
/offtopic off

Anyways, anyone know if mortars have been made? From what I understand there is a WWII mod being made with one, but I was wondering if there were any others that are lurking about on some nonstandard site.

Quote Post
Eddie
post Nov 13 2007, 04:50
Post #52

Group Icon

thats great we do need more objects for arma.

but first we need the vehicles. Come on people they are already out ther for OFP. The tools are out. Bring all the cool stuff made in OFP to Arma. By doing so it will already be there for Arma II to be modified.

--------------------
wld427 on BI forums

Quote Post
Bence
post Nov 13 2007, 10:16
Post #53

huns not dead

Member No.: 72

US civil war mod for ArmA! smile.gif

--------------------
HUNS
NOT
DEAD

Quote Post
Carlos599
post Nov 27 2007, 17:18
Post #54

Member No.: 1,792

Hy eweryone today i was watching an anime called "Full Metal Panic" I have seen some cool robots called Rk 92(thats the russian one Rk 92 info rk 92 picture )

And M9E Gernsback (thats a transformed US tipe M9E Gernsback info M9E Gernsback picture )

So my qestion is, is it posible to creat and opertae robots like this in arma? And is there someone who can and want to creat theas mechas? Becouse i realy can't do things like this.
(yust google search the names)

Quote Post
JdB
post Nov 27 2007, 17:42
Post #55

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

It is possible, however every robot would require a new set of animations, as well as of course the model and textures, config and sound. It would be a big undertaking, and I don't think most addonmakers are into anime (not when making addons anyway)... :-/

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
-=engener=-
post Nov 27 2007, 19:02
Post #56

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,136

The flat island is necessary for the test addon with a structure of a grass, without objects. (objects then through Visitor 3 I shall place ( *.pew format) end config.cpp

--------------------
Who will guess as is deciphered BAZEF ?

NEED HELP WITH MODELS IF CAN HELP SEND ME PM

Quote Post
The_Blink
post Nov 28 2007, 21:09
Post #57

Member No.: 1,483

can someone make a Irish Army addon such as the soldiers or ARW?(special forces)please.Thanks rofl.gif

--------------------
I tired to be like grace kelly..didnt go to well

that is all XD

Quote Post
P226
post Nov 30 2007, 00:17
Post #58

Member No.: 833

A "futuristic and modern" weapons pack would be nice smile.gif !

By futuristic I don't mean laser cannons etc...! biggrin.gif I mean weapons like the SCAR, HK416, XM8 etc...

Sights actually glowing in the dark. I haven't noticed that BIS' sights do or if it's even possible.

And more important: a bagpack for long missions or simply having a wider range of equipement available and a parachute inside a bag. I loved FDF mod on OFP! yammer.gif

Also if someone could be able to make PGM's Mini-Hecate it'd be awesome!

So much everybody wants, so few time, so few people having the skills (or motivation) to actually do it! cry3.gif

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Dec 1 2007, 15:23
Post #59

I would like to see someone come up with a way to fix the retarded LOD's (I think thats the right thing to call them) in ArmA. I think its pretty poor that such a modern game has an issue with detail levels on everything. I know I'm not the only who sees this issue and before anyone asks my computer far exceeds the sysreqs for ArmA.

For example:

If I turn around too quickly everything for a split second looks like the detail levels were turned off!
Someone else shot and killed a BMP but when I look at it it still appears undamaged until I use binoculars to look at it!

Come on does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? BIS should be ashamed of themselves for this thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Sometimes if theres a lot happening ArmA will look far worse then OFP ever did.

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Dec 1 2007, 15:30
Post #60

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE(TheVipersFang @ Dec 1 2007, 15:23) *
I would like to see someone come up with a way to fix the retarded LOD's (I think thats the right thing to call them) in ArmA. I think its pretty poor that such a modern game has an issue with detail levels on everything. I know I'm not the only who sees this issue and before anyone asks my computer far exceeds the sysreqs for ArmA.

For example:

If I turn around too quickly everything for a split second looks like the detail levels were turned off!
Someone else shot and killed a BMP but when I look at it it still appears undamaged until I use binoculars to look at it!

Come on does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? BIS should be ashamed of themselves for this thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Sometimes if theres a lot happening ArmA will look far worse then OFP ever did.

well you can0't do nothing, it's an Hardcoded problem... sad.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 13:59