Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reporting Hackers?
Skins
post May 16 2008, 05:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,303

Every one knows how much hackers are a pain in the back side... and every one knows they are always about.

I was wondering if there is a site we are to report a hacker on, if not then is there any way we can do something about it? unless the admin is on the server then they obviously kick them off but its not 100% accurate.. As some admins have kicked a few people off maybe in the area where the hacker was.

And what about some type of anti cheat program? PunkBuster used to be good. i say used to be becuase i then couldnt get in to any game as it thought i was using a cheat of some sort.

Quote Post
JdB
post May 16 2008, 14:59
Post #2

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Some projects were started after ArmA's release to gather data on hackers and ban them from servers that were using this initiative. Haven't heard from any results in a long time though, although I am not really into multiplayer stuff.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post May 17 2008, 00:39
Post #3

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

wasnt there some stuff in the new beta that was pretty effective at stopping it?

--------------------

Quote Post
Skins
post May 17 2008, 09:08
Post #4

Member No.: 1,303

Would be good if they are in the making of an anti hack program.
But it seems that nothing can be done at the minute.
Even made a point of writting the hackers name, the server this happened and the time.
But then like i saw some where in the forum, names can be changed too easily. Which is goin to be a real pay to combating the hackers.
IP addresses can be changed too if you know how, and once you do know how its easy too.

Perhaps Arma should start registering names to help in future to combat hackers. Could also add some other advantages that way too.
Kinda like from BattleField where you can earn medals, ribbons ect.

Quote Post
deadly_sinn
post Jun 1 2008, 17:30
Post #5

Member No.: 2,968

QUOTE(Skins @ May 17 2008, 10:08) *
Would be good if they are in the making of an anti hack program.
But it seems that nothing can be done at the minute.
Even made a point of writting the hackers name, the server this happened and the time.
But then like i saw some where in the forum, names can be changed too easily. Which is goin to be a real pay to combating the hackers.
IP addresses can be changed too if you know how, and once you do know how its easy too.

Perhaps Arma should start registering names to help in future to combat hackers. Could also add some other advantages that way too.
Kinda like from BattleField where you can earn medals, ribbons ect.

i know some games employ cdkey registrations that happen without you knowing, and other servers have ip bans since uername bans dont help at all

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:58