post Oct 28 2009, 12:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,606

Hi, I just bought Arma 2, and I installed the Patch v1.04,

I have this Weird Problem,

Here is the problem:

My System spec is as Follows:
Processor: Intel P4 CPU 3.00 GHz (2 CPUs)
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7600 Gs PCI-E 256mb Clocked at 420mhz
RAM: 768 DDR1 (poor me ddr1)

This post has been edited by Lt.Mavrick94: Oct 28 2009, 12:33

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 28 2009, 12:58
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Erm... wow... ohnoo.gif

My guess would be that this is a performance related issue, I remeber in ArmA1 with my old card, textures would sometimes not load correctly, and would be replaced with weird colours and whatnot, so this is probably something similar. (Only particle effects and such are being weirded instead)

Looking at your setup, it seems you're a bit under the minimum requirements with your graphics card (7800 is listed as a minimum) and RAM (1GiB is listed as minimum). I'd expect upgrading these will solve your problem.

If you're looking to save a buck though, updating your drivers might have some effect.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Oct 28 2009, 13:23
Post #3

Erm... wow... ohnoo.gif

My guess would be that this is a performance related issue, I remeber in ArmA1 with my old card, textures would sometimes not load correctly, and would be replaced with weird colours and whatnot, so this is probably something similar. (Only particle effects and such are being weirded instead)

Looking at your setup, it seems you're a bit under the minimum requirements with your graphics card (7800 is listed as a minimum) and RAM (1GiB is listed as minimum). I'd expect upgrading these will solve your problem.

If you're looking to save a buck though, updating your drivers might have some effect.

OH... OK thx... then it's time for upgrading the PC!! eh is there any other alternative way to play this awesome game properly without those colorful color
in other words... cheaper than buying/upgrading my PC?

THX in advance....

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 28 2009, 15:38
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Like I said, try upgrading your video card drivers. That's all I can really think of. You could try tweaking the graphics settings (looks like you've got Post processing active, among other things), this might solve the issue, but you'll probably get the best results by simply upgrading.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Oct 28 2009, 15:51
Post #5

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

Yay! ArmA 2 on 'shrooms!

A driver update is a good idea. You also might try refreshing the video memory by pressing Shift + Numpad Minus and typing flush.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Lt.Mavrick94
post Oct 28 2009, 16:43
Post #6

Even I turn Post Processing off it still the same, I'll try flash thing... then if it doesn't work I'll upgrade my PC...
Thanks for the answers and solutions... you are far to kind... thumbsup.gif

Edit: I did a Driver Update, and it works!! Thank you guys for Helping me, I much appreciate it, Now I can enjoy happy.gif

This post has been edited by Lt.Mavrick94: Oct 29 2009, 06:06

Quote Post
Tony Danza
post Nov 18 2009, 03:43
Post #7

From: Blue house with a blue little window and little blue corvette AND EVERYTHING IS BLUE!
Member No.: 6,268

I have this... but it went away after uprgrading the patches for me...

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:01