Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shader model 2 not supported anymore
Suburban39
post Jan 16 2010, 15:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,101

Hello everyone,
I have installed ArmA II on a new computer equiped with a Video card Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, and Windows Seven.
When I start Arma II, it deosn't start and I have this message : "Error :Shader model 2 not supported anymore".
How can I solve this problem ?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 16 2010, 15:22
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Check you have both the latest versions DirectX 9 and DirectX 10. (I think DirectX10 may have been replaced with DirectX11, but don't quote me on that).

Unlike previous iterations, DirectX 10 is not an update to DirectX 9, but rather an entire new... thing (sorry, I don't know the word for what DirectX actually is.... a library?) if you want to run DirectX 9 (or older) games you'll need to download DirectX 9.

I'll admit I have no experience with Windows 7, but I remeber people with just DirectX 10 on Vista had similar troubles.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Tony Danza
post Jan 17 2010, 01:26
Post #3

From: Blue house with a blue little window and little blue corvette AND EVERYTHING IS BLUE!
Member No.: 6,268

"Video card Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family"

I highly doubt that you can run A2 on something labeled "Family.:

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 17 2010, 03:12
Post #4

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Suburban39 @ Jan 16 2010, 15:15) *
Hello everyone,
I have installed ArmA II on a new computer equiped with a Video card Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, and Windows Seven.
When I start Arma II, it deosn't start and I have this message : "Error :Shader model 2 not supported anymore".
How can I solve this problem ?

Buy a separate video card which does support Shader Model 3, which ArmA2 requires, so you don't have to use the onboard video chip on your mainboard anymore.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Jan 17 2010, 04:27
Post #5

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

The reason is that the inboard video chip is NOT meant/designed for gaming, even if it's OK for office work/web browsing.

For a game as demanding as ArmA2 on the Video specifications, you need a good video card.

--------------------

Quote Post
Suburban39
post Jan 19 2010, 20:31
Post #6

Member No.: 1,101

CITATION(I44_John @ Jan 17 2010, 03:12) *
Buy a separate video card which does support Shader Model 3, which ArmA2 requires, so you don't have to use the onboard video chip on your mainboard anymore.

Thenk you for your advice. That's what I have done and now, it works pretty fine. I've found, in another forum, that Shader Models are relative to the video card and have nothing to do with drivers.
Hope this can help any one who encounter the same problem.
Thanks to all.

Quote Post
Stawebopl
post Oct 15 2014, 10:49
Post #7

Member No.: 10,553

It’s really great posts.

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 14:37