IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules
26 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is your opinion of ArmA2 so far?, Be brutally honest!
AllForWar
post Mar 2 2008, 04:38
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,433

Here is a press release about OFP2;

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=175817

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Mar 2 2008, 08:44
Post #42

Member No.: 1,346

Wow this topic is going off!

--------------------
- .B.O.H.I.C.A. - .D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Mar 2 2008, 10:48
Post #43

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

QUOTE(RicoADF @ Mar 2 2008, 02:39) *
Weather AI is scripted or not has nothing to do with ragdoll, its done via the physics engine (which arma has a bad 1 for everything). If ArmA II had PhysX in it ragdolls would be part of the package happy.gif
ArmA is using the old OFP engine, ArmA II is still using that old engine, all the same bugs, dumb AI etc. OFP 2 is using a new engine, which = less bugs (in theory tongue.gif). Point is OFP 2 should be a better product since its got a different engine running it.

I assume that OFP2 will not be like our ol' loved OFP and ArmA (and ARMA II), it will be like the other games, where you have to follow a path to finish a mission, even if it will have a mission editor.
Also, i told you: ragdoll is not only a physics engine improvement: if BIS should improve this feature in ARMA II, then they have to modify the entire engine, adding entry points for scripts to perform the actions in particular moments and so on... See, when in COD4 a soldier is killed, that's because he must be killed in that particular moment, to create the "movie-game" effect. This is pretty impossible in the real Virtuality 2 engine. What this engine wants to achieve is a war simulation more than fun...

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
SaS TrooP
post Mar 2 2008, 14:09
Post #44

N00b always & everywhere

Member No.: 1,589

And thats why BIs games are genious, and Codems NOT!

Quote Post
Call for WW2
post Mar 2 2008, 17:16
Post #45

Member No.: 2,337

QUOTE(SaS TrooP @ Mar 2 2008, 15:09) *
And thats why BIs games are genious, and Codems NOT!

I think both are geniouses, BIS in simulators and Codem in racing games to hollywood-style shooters.
I think ARMA 2 is going to be pretty cool, but i really cant see myself playing that, cuz i dont have that kind a computer, and my current one is already new so, better luck next time biggrin.gif

Quote Post
SaS TrooP
post Mar 2 2008, 17:26
Post #46

N00b always & everywhere

LoL, I live in Poland. I dont know how its in Estonia, but our countries are poor and I managed to buy new comp for 5000 zł (+- 2000$) and ArmA (except forests in North Sahrani) works great on high and normal settings

Quote Post
Call for WW2
post Mar 2 2008, 18:01
Post #47

Hehe, well im not poor, my computer is actually very good, but the video card is a complete peice of trash(Nvidia 8500 GT 512MB), and to make it even MORE worse, its integrated, so i cant change it, unless i buy an entirely new machine. Otherwise i have AMD X64 X2 4400+ and 2GB ram. Other games run perfect on my comp(Call of Duty4 everything maxed, Crysis on normal), it's just ARMA that's killing me biggrin.gif

Quote Post
AllForWar
post Mar 2 2008, 20:24
Post #48

The one thing that scares me, in all reality, is the fact that ArmA2 will just have 5-man teams instead of what we have now. Personally, I would like to keep it just the same as ArmA1. I sure hope this can be changed in mods, etc. Does this "displease" anyone else?

Quote Post
SaS TrooP
post Mar 2 2008, 20:33
Post #49

N00b always & everywhere

No, it will be only in campaign. In normal missions and editor you aree as always.

Quote Post
rymac
post Mar 2 2008, 20:35
Post #50

Member No.: 1,228

Shit im getting really angry when i read this...someone said ragdoll wont happend becouse of the non script AI...shit you are really dumb!....that has nothing to do with ai ...omg ,..,shit....It doesnt matter if the AI is scipted or not...that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT....ragdoll ftw...

Quote Post
AllForWar
post Mar 2 2008, 20:36
Post #51

QUOTE(SaS TrooP @ Mar 2 2008, 13:33) *
No, it will be only in campaign. In normal missions and editor you aree as always.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying that my friend. smile.gif

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Mar 2 2008, 20:40
Post #52

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

i cant wait to fly that hind, looks awsome.

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Mar 2 2008, 20:51
Post #53

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

QUOTE(rymac @ Mar 2 2008, 20:35) *
Shit im getting really angry when i read this...someone said ragdoll wont happend becouse of the non script AI...shit you are really dumb!....that has nothing to do with ai ...omg ,..,shit....It doesnt matter if the AI is scipted or not...that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT....ragdoll ftw...

biggrin.gif I didn't say it, it was Suma, a BI developer thumbsup.gif
oh, calm down

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
Call for WW2
post Mar 2 2008, 21:07
Post #54

QUOTE(rymac @ Mar 2 2008, 21:35) *

Hiih, another german:cough:swedish hyper kid here? blues.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xP0RwFb48Y
I dont really mind if there is going to be ragdoll or not, Lib 1945 OFP mod had some pretty decent anims in the end biggrin.gif

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 2 2008, 21:25
Post #55

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(rymac @ Mar 2 2008, 20:35) *

That's not very nice now is it. Please control your temper, we don't allow that kind of behavior on these forums.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Mar 3 2008, 01:28
Post #56

Member No.: 1,346

This ragdoll obsession is kinda off, why do you care so much how or why a person dies after being shot at? This is supposed to be a training simulator, you should not care about the gibbage factor just that the threat is no longer a threat!

--------------------
- .B.O.H.I.C.A. - .D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

Quote Post
Sheildsy
post Mar 3 2008, 05:35
Post #57

Member No.: 876

Personally iam looking foreward to ArmA2 then OFP2..simply becouse it is BI that focus on the realism, while i see that Codemasters will be milking OFP2 for all its BF2 gloryness...(is that a word?)
i sense OFP2 will be nothing but a run and gun with vehicles while Codemasters claims is it the most 'realistic game' on the market...this may be true if you count awsome textures and a shizzle load of weapons as realistic, but i sense that ArmA 2 will have much more superior game play.

You must remember ArmA2 was the bridge to raise funds for the Next Gen Game people, so iam going to support ArmA2, as shoddy as it may be, iam gonna get behind BI and not give in to the evil American Empire of Codemasters.
LONG LIVE VICTOR TROSKA AND LONG LIVE THE FIA! drunk.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Trash Can Man
post Mar 3 2008, 08:14
Post #58

Member No.: 493

In my opinion, ArmA2 might just turn out to be a disaster. Considering how ArmA has turned out, I wouldn't be surprised if this new version crashes and burns. Like viper said, these guys are hung up on U.S. vs Russia. This gets to be very old. Playing this way on OFP was great, but it's time for a change. Gamers, I believe like change... We (gamers) don't care so much about fancy graphics. All we want is an appealling gameplay. Get off the cold war theme. If you want to impress us, think beyond 1980's. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

TCM

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Mar 3 2008, 10:21
Post #59

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

USA vs. Russia is the best scenario. It allows the creators to produce the worlds best up to date military gear, and also has the advantage of being relativly balanced. If they did make a middle east scenario , say USA vs. Insurgents, it would be pretty boring in terms of content they could include for both sides.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Mar 3 2008, 13:49
Post #60

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(BigglesTrevor @ Mar 3 2008, 09:21) *
USA vs. Russia is the best scenario. It allows the creators to produce the worlds best up to date military gear, and also has the advantage of being relativly balanced. If they did make a middle east scenario , say USA vs. Insurgents, it would be pretty boring in terms of content they could include for both sides.

True, but US and Russians have very similar military doctrine. I know that it's easy to get hung up on the small things, but when you look at "the big picture", there's almost a sort of symmetry between and American and Russian forces.

M1 - T72
M1A1 - T80
M1A2 - T90
Havoc - Apache
Hip - Blackhawk

Which, while it is nice for balance, it really means the forces aren't that diverse...
This is a good thing for competitive MP, but for stuff like Coop and MP

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post

26 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 16:10