Forum Rules Forum Rules

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Unit Replacement Pack Request
Rohok Teyar
post Jun 14 2008, 02:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 811

Well guys, I'm not sure how to do this myself or I'd have done it already. Seems complicated to me, so I thought I'd make a request for it on the forums...

Well I saw this awesome S.W.A.T pack, that contained really neat S.W.A.T units, and one of them happened to have MARPAT woodland camo. Already, I'm using the Johnny's Marines replacement pack, but it doesn't reaplace the Special Forces units...

--------------------------

So anyway, my request is for someone to create something that replaces the standard West Special Forces units, with the MARPAT woodland camo units from this pack here: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=736

I have absolutely no idea how hard this will be, or how much of a pain in the ass it can be. I'm a rather unexperienced mod maker, and I've never created any for the BIS games. I always thought that this task would be as easy as replacing the standard Special Forces models with the MARPAT woodland camo SWAT unit models, so that it keeps the same Unit class, just looks different. I suppose I was wrong though.

I'm not sure if this is one of those times where you'll need to get explicit permission from the modders, or one of those times where just including the original readme and fully crediting the original authors will suffice... Either way, it would be awesome if this could be done.

Also, I wasn't quite sure as to what location on the forums this would go, so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section. If I need to go get permission, I can try. But I have no idea where to find this original author... Unless he comes here. =/

::EDIT:: If no one would like to do this, simply pointing me in the direction of a well written tutorial, preferably in English would be just as great.

This post has been edited by Rohok Teyar: Jun 14 2008, 02:55

--------------------
"Hope is the first step on the road of disappointment."

Quote Post
Sheildsy
post Jun 14 2008, 05:56
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 876

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikon...70;t=72113;st=0

Hope that link will steer you in the right direction smile.gif

As for the legal issue, i think if you only use it on your PC for your own personal use it is ok, as long as you do not relase the pack without the permission of the author (anyone want to confirm/correct that?)

Good luck with it mate smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 14 2008, 15:11
Post #3

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Sheildsy @ Jun 14 2008, 06:56) *
As for the legal issue, i think if you only use it on your PC for your own personal use it is ok, as long as you do not relase the pack without the permission of the author (anyone want to confirm/correct that?)

True. Anything that is an edit of someone's earlier work needs to have permission from any and all original author(s), or it will not be allowed on the site. An exception is made when several people can confirm that contacting the original creator(s) is impossible, in which case only crediting the original author(s) is required. If the original creator(s) do return though they might disapprove of the release and request it's removal, so doing the utmost to contact the original creator(s) to prevent doing work that might be removed later is advisable.

We have an [Addon Request Topic], which is the only place where requesting an addon or mod is allowed. Please repost your request there.

CLOSED

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:30