Reply to this topicStart new topic
> British 4 Rifle Soldiers WIP, Discuss about STALKERGB British units
Marko112
post Jul 15 2009, 23:37
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 4,346

STALKERGB released three pictures of his work in progress British 4 Rifle Soldiers units on the BI Forums

Right to get MehMan away from feeling dirty I'm gonna distract everyone with an update

The Beltkit is now on the units (or at least the ones that are using the new model, so thats the rifleman and marksman for now), the model is courtesy of Cougar so a big thanks to him, I only made small adjustments to it (added a bit to the back of the webbing, re-shaped it to fit my unit model). I have also added the new shaders to the webbing although i haven't done it in any real detail yet so will be going back over that at some point.

Although not much visually (except the beltkit) has changed i have been combining lots of textures to make things a little more efficient, trying to keep it a 1 a model but I don't think I will really ever achieve that.

The buttons on the smock have been changed (i hope Jonny_Li doesn't mind that i used the button from his pictures), the shaders have yet to be properly updated for the button though so it still looks like a large press stud.

Oh and the inside of the smock is greener now (think i already metioned that somewhere).

Quote Post
Marko112
post Jul 18 2009, 19:07
Post #2

Group Icon

STALKERGB published three new pictures of his British 4 Rifle Soldiers units on the BI Forums.

Right, hello again everyone!

Ok, here is a couple of WIP pics of the Assault Webbing i have been working on, still alot to do to it (mainly relating to the textures), I have gone for the modular style webbing that Poacher and da12thMonkey showed me loads of images for (thanks to them).

The new shaders are working on the webbing but as with the colour map this could well be worked on lots more One problem i have had is that the scale of the PALS loops are a bit big on the fron although these are buried under pouches so it shouldn't matter too much.

Any suggestions welcome, the main thing i am thinking of changing is the underlying DPM colour on the Assault vest, for now i have the lighter version i used on my old Brit units but i also have the current DPM i am using, just wondered if people think it should be a bit different...

Sorry bout leaving the crosshair on the last pic lads...

Oh Also i will have to take a break for a couple days (would really like to crack on) but I'm doing photographs for a wedding so will be busy with that instead...

EDIT: Might get round to putting a texture to the NVG clip too.... bout time really...

Anyways, hope everyone likes.

STALKERGB or Matt.

Quote Post
modEmMaik
post Jul 19 2009, 10:57
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 3,904

QUOTE(Marko112 @ Jul 18 2009, 20:07) *
Anyways, hope everyone likes.

thumbsup.gif worship.gif

Quote Post
Marko112
post Jul 19 2009, 22:33
Post #4

Group Icon

Quote from STALKERGB
Right, just gonna post another pic of the new colour Assualt Vest, the SA80 with RIS is in the pic too for those who are interested

Quote Post
Jeza
post Jul 31 2009, 04:25
Post #5

Guests

Looks as good as ever, really enjoyed Stalker's british mods from ArmA1 and by the looks of things they are going to be just as good, will also be interesting to see what the l85 and the other weapons will be like. I look forward to more news. smile.gif

Quote Post
Marko112
post Aug 4 2009, 23:37
Post #6

Group Icon

Quote from STALKERGB:

Another pic of the L110A2, nothing really changed, just the fact the LMG gunner now defaults to carrying it.

Quote Post
Retro19
post Aug 26 2009, 16:05
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,595

They look really good but we dont go anywhere or do anything without daysacks (backpacks) so having all units with daysacks would be good to give it that bit more realism maybe.

Quote Post
Munkee(GBR)
post Oct 30 2009, 09:45
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,703

QUOTE(Retro19 @ Aug 26 2009, 16:05) *
They look really good but we dont go anywhere or do anything without daysacks (backpacks) so having all units with daysacks would be good to give it that bit more realism maybe.

Stalker, mate those units look wicked fella. Hope you're cool, I know you lost interest a while back. I did after finishing my Bravo Two Zero SAS models! HAve bee working on some Afghan/Pakistan UK Special Forces and as part of that have formed a bergen.

Would this be of any use to you?

Cheers
Munkee

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 13:42