Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Railroad, Ayudame!
Dark_angel
post Aug 10 2011, 19:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,161

Hey people!
I'm working on a map of Carentan area (for Arma, u can check it out there). There is a railway which is very important for the Americans. I would the Americans to acutally see it. Can somebody send me p3ds of rail tracks and all .paa needed for them to work (from Arma II)? I know its from different game but I think it might work also for previous version...or not?:-)

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 11 2011, 14:49
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

The only models people will have are the binarized ones, the way the textures are set up it'd be more work than it's worth to get them working in ArmA.1. (also, kinda illegal!)

You might want to consider just creating your own, you could easily reskin the roads (you can find them in the sample models pack) with some railway textures.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Dark_angel
post Aug 12 2011, 18:27
Post #3

The link which you provided is dead. I will try to search for something by myself then!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 12 2011, 19:25
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Hmm... should probably get the site team on that.

In the mean time, here's a link to the file you'll want from BIstudio.com

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Dark_angel
post Aug 13 2011, 12:04
Post #5

I sent msg to Jahve who put those links. Dave, u said that using models from Arma would be disputable so I've found AEF Train pack http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?gam...news&id=558 (used in I44.Oosterbeek map) with tracks and textures. I opened it using ODOL but Im not really familiarized with Oxygen and texturing. Oxygen doesnt look like AutoCAD ;-) Is there someone who can help with this challenge?

#UPDATE#
Okey Its possible to make only straight parts using road tool (also end parts) but I didnt manage to solve the problem with curves (I will do it manually) but still I got some problems with overlapping textures, can someone check my work ?
AEF_ARMA - There are p3ds and textures - the train15m_r10 and Train_12prechod are not properly made

This post has been edited by Dark_angel: Aug 13 2011, 22:49

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:51