IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modeling/Texturing Problems Thread, ask here if you've got question concerning modeling/texturing
Fabiantronc
post Nov 1 2008, 23:48
Post #221

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,514

thanks modEmMaik.

well, I'm here for other question.
I need help in how to add destroyed texture to an addon.

I have a tank and I want when it will be destroy show a destroyed texture like the M1 and T-72, well, I made the rvmats and I made the part of the config.cpp but when the tank it's destroyed there isn't show a destroyed texture.
I've looked at the vilas config.cpp and I saw that are the same of my config, but I've looked too at the HWM config and that guys add a new class CfgTexturetoMaterial but I added that class on the rvmat.

I remenber than I saw a basic tutorial on how to add destroyed texture to a model and I remenber than there you must add something with O2 but I can't found that tutorial.

Take your time on respond me, because I have trouble with my ISP and I don't have an Internet conection at my home.

See you soon...

--------------------

Quote Post
modEmMaik
post Nov 2 2008, 00:46
Post #222

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 3,904

Gnat added a damage tut for the arma Wiki project: Damage Tutorial

But damage textures can be realy tricky. You may want to check the M1A1 and T-72 in the BI-samples for the "telo" section, which is the section where the damage texture gets displayed.

Quote Post
Caesar2234
post Nov 2 2008, 17:00
Post #223

Member No.: 4,417

I try to load a p3d file into O2 and always get this message. Im lost and dont have a clue how to make these models work, ive searched and searched different forums but found nothing so im hopeing that someone will be able to help me. Anyway when i try to load a model i get this message.

'unable to load binarized version of the p3d. Mesh loaded into the editor is only known bounding box of the p3d model.'

Please help!

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Nov 2 2008, 22:11
Post #224

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

I am no addon artist but judging from the error message I'd say that you tried to open an binarized p3e. You can binarize your models in order to protect them from getting opened by everyone depboing the p3d (not 100% sure).

Try using the officially released MLOD files : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=558

--------------------

Quote Post
Fabiantronc
post Nov 3 2008, 00:41
Post #225

Member No.: 1,514

Thanks again modEmMaik smile.gif worship.gif

Thats was the tutorial than I saw but I didn't know where was located.

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Nov 7 2008, 00:10
Post #226

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Deadeye @ Nov 2 2008, 22:11) *
I am no addon artist but judging from the error message I'd say that you tried to open an binarized p3e. You can binarize your models in order to protect them from getting opened by everyone depboing the p3d (not 100% sure).

That's a pretty negative view on why addon/modmakers binarize their work. A more important reason is because it compresses the files saving bandwidth and disc space, and some things (like island objects) need to be binarized in order to work.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Dec 12 2008, 18:45
Post #227

Member No.: 1,007

ok can some one plz tell me if thay is a full tutorial or tutorials out for O2 like how to make a jet or a car or just a Object in ArmA i know thay is a tutorial out for O2 but it.s setup for OFP i need one for ArmA i need tham to help me with the Battlestar Galactica am doing if i can get a full tutorial on just to do a Object in ArmA than i can bring Galactica out B4 the 25th the i can get to work on Pegasus any way thxs for ya help lads

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
Benamaina
post Jan 11 2009, 18:23
Post #228

Member No.: 3,435

Hi guys!

I had a problem in one BMP2 and T-72, i used a original BIS model and a original BIS model.cfg. All works fine! but if I add a empty of them at nigh time, the light of tank and fire of machingunner is on, and the vehicle is empty!

At the day all works fine, not appear! or I cant see, but is not there the square as Matek posted in this forum time ago, anyway I add the rvmat default_flash_2pass.rvmat and default_dxta.rvmat (this second one, im not really if is usefull or not, but i added too) and the texture car_light_flare2.paa, to my addon folder....but all is the same!

Anyone have an idea to fix this problems? its maybe a config problem? becouse i have the same problem with an original bmp2 without change textures!

Thanks in advance for your help!

regards

Quote Post
Munkee(GBR)
post Mar 13 2009, 00:30
Post #229

Member No.: 3,703

Hey everyone,

I'm really close to getting my SAS Desert Patrol Members released, but during testing I've found that the binoculars do not show up in the game and neither does the pistol.

I can select them fine, and I can use them fine, but when it comes to seeing the model of the pistol or the binoculars, they just don't show up!

Click Here For Example Images

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Munkee

Quote Post
D@V£
post Mar 13 2009, 01:41
Post #230

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Ensure you haven't accidentally deleted the "proxy::...beretta" and "proxy::...dalekohled_proxy" selections from your soldier's model. If you have, copy these over from one of the sample models. These should be on all view LODs.

(That's View-Pilot, and all resolution LODs)

This post has been edited by D@V£: Mar 13 2009, 01:42

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Munkee(GBR)
post Mar 13 2009, 10:30
Post #231

Member No.: 3,703

I had indeed messed up proxy entries for each LOD. So to resolve the matter, I deleted all of the proxy...AK47, proxy...dalek etc etc entries for each LOD and then copied a fresh set over from a BIS soldier model just as you said, and everything works fine now!

Thanks for getting back so fast, cheers!

EDIT:

I have an issue with texturing and bump mapping. D@ve made a point that the assault vest and shemagh of my units are too "flat" i.e. not enough bump mapping I guess? Click here for evidence. Can anyone tell me what more I could do? This is the method I used:

I have a flat camoflauge texture laying over a desaturated (grey) image of creased/bumpy assault vest fabric.
I first created the .nohq (bump map) from the desaturated creased assault vest image. Height of bump about 8 I think.
I took the same desaturated (grey) creased assault vest image and put it as a new layer under the flat camoflauge texture - I then decreaed the opacity of the camo texture to allow the creases and bumps of the fabric image below to start showing through.
The problem is there is a fine line between blending the fabric image and the camo texture otherwise you end up with something that doesn't look like camoflauge - a grey-ish camo instead: yuk!

Can anyone help me further?

Cheers,

Munkee

This post has been edited by Munkee(GBR): Mar 14 2009, 13:35

Quote Post
Vigilante
post Mar 26 2009, 05:33
Post #232

Member No.: 2,455

ok, i have a strange problem as of lately... my objects only animate after i shoot them once! ... they are somehow not animating the lod 0.000 ... but somehow geolod is animated (i can see the shadow of it moving) although no physics interaction with geolod and earth or other objects... BUT if i shoot it once it all works as intended.
The stranger part is, before i DID NOT have this problem, but somehow my mind managed to sckrew my intuition/idea of proper configwork somehow... but i dont know what in particular.... stupid me, i still have other objects still working as intended even without shooting, and i cant see any difference in their configs. i even tried to clone/mirrot the configs but theres something i miss or dont see or whatever.

If some friendly soul has a few pointers guiding me in the right direction, i would be glad! not that i need help, finding out how that darn real virtuallity engine works is part of (my) fun, just maybe someone had the same problem or an general idea...

thanks in advance!
peace°

PS: no errormsg or such, just the described situation

heres the link to a YT video showing both addons in action ... first the mk80s namely two Mk82 with Petal and Ballute retarder each ...
And then my troublechild .. the suu-6x dispenser ... doing what is supposed to do only AFTER i shoot it once ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF20OFB5j4w

This post has been edited by Vigilante: Mar 26 2009, 15:24

--------------------
peace!

PhilippRauch
a.k.a. Vigilante

check out my Addon Wiki @ http://www.vigilante-systems.webs.com (WIP but everyday more info and updates!)

Quote Post
Usslouisiana
post May 24 2009, 20:53
Post #233

Member No.: 3,091

I'm having problems with the Sample model of the RACS officer with the beret.
When I open it up in Oxygen2 the back of the beret is missing and looks bad in game how do I or could someone, Fix this problem.
Thanks.

Quote Post
Dmurskain
post Sep 22 2009, 17:49
Post #234

Member No.: 4,544

Hi all!

Im trying to learn how to use oxygen 2. I found some tutorial here: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/tactical/w...:brsseb_lesson1.

I couldn't download textures & config file from the site. I followed the instructions, but couldn't put textures on cause didn't have any. So I tried to make my own. I downloaded some textures as .jpeg and tried to convert them with texWiev 2, but it couldn't open any of them. Then I found converter called Advanced Batch Converter and converted jpegs to .TGA. THEN I tried to add textures as it was instructed, but when I tried to preview my object in bulldozer it said: can't convert to paa!

Im beginner and desperately trying to create any working addon to Arma2 so please help me! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dmurskain: Sep 22 2009, 19:05

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 22 2009, 19:58
Post #235

Group Icon

It's possible the textures may have been formatted in a way that causes them to be opened incorrectly the BIS tools. Try opening the jpgs in the graphics program of your choice, then exporting them again, if this doesn't work, try using a different format, such as png (which should work with texview 2). You don't need to use tgas, as texview can convert jpgs and png files directly to paa.

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Dmurskain
post Sep 23 2009, 18:00
Post #236

Thanks! I got it working, i had wrong resolution. I followed instructions and got texture on one side, BUT when im trying to put same texture on other side the first side's textures disapere... Maby this tutorial (http://tactical.nekromantix.com/tactical/w...:brsseb_lesson1) is for some older version of O2. I got 02 for Arma2... I'd realy want to learn how to use this program. Is there any better/newer tutorials for O2?

Quote Post
Dmurskain
post Sep 24 2009, 11:16
Post #237

Damn, I don't know what i did but i got it working. Sorry for my last futile post... biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Dmurskain
post Sep 26 2009, 07:36
Post #238

I got my model ready, but I have no clue how to make working config.cpp. I found lots of pages where is instructed how to make config files, but those are all for more complicated models: vehicles, soldiers etc. I just need basic config file for my simple building. There is no animations.

I tried to do config file with these instructions http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Building_Configs but it only gave me tons of errors in log file... sad.gif I use BinPBO Personal edition for Arma 2 to convert files. I've spend hours to find some basic tuotrial or forum topic how to do this, but just can't find any.

Please help me, I'm totaly noob with this! unsure.gif

P.S. Sorry if I've missed some obvious place to look...

This post has been edited by Dmurskain: Sep 26 2009, 07:45

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 26 2009, 12:22
Post #239

Group Icon

What errors did you get exactly? There's a lot of formatting necessities in configs, and it's very easy to make simple mistakes that can take hours to work out. If you want to post the config here, I could have a quick look at it, but generally it should look something like this:

CODE
class CfgPatches
{
    class Blah
    {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        requiredAddons[] = {"CAweapons"};
    };
};

class CfgVehicles
{
    class Barrack2; // External class reference
    class mysuperbuildingisntitawesome: Barrack2
    {
        DisplayName = "My amazing building!";
        model = "\blah\superbuilding";
    };
};

You may have a lot more than that, though the syntax should be the same. I used inheritance, which can be extremely useful, you can find a full list of default classes, along with pictures of each, here. I'd advise inheriting from a similar sizing building.

Also note that a lot of buildings are hidden in the editor by default, so if you're inheriting from one of these, you'll need to add this line to the start of your config:
CODE
#define private 0
#define protected 1
#define public 2

And this to your vehicle class:
CODE
scope = 2;

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Dmurskain
post Sep 27 2009, 11:04
Post #240

Thank you so much, i got it working!!!!! worship.gif

Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:10