IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't I preserve textures from 3Ds Max 2011 to Oxigen 2?, I mean, do I REALLY need to place textures in Oxigen 2?
SGJackson
post Jul 28 2010, 05:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,651

Heya!

I'm very good with 3Ds Max 2011 and I NEED to make my first addon biggrin.gif

I've noticed that when I have a model on 3Ds Max with the textures alrealy allocated to each part of the model and I import the model to Oxigen 2 it doesn't preserve the textures that I gave it on 3Ds Max :S

It'll make my job WAAAYYYYY easier if someone knows how... otherwise I'll need a tutorial showing how to place textures to a model... 'cause with this tutorial it doesn't work: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tuto...1/lesson1_d.htm

Thanks all!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 28 2010, 10:41
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Which bit of it doesn't work? I'm aware that some versions of oxygen were released with an incomplete set of .dll files, so applying textures wouldn't work... there's a fix somewhere, but I forget where... unsure.gif

Faces should retain their UV mapping when imported into oxygen. You just need to select the faces, go into Faces>Face properties, then change the texture path to the one you want.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
SGJackson
post Jul 29 2010, 16:07
Post #3

Ohhhh..

'cause you know, when i import it to Oxigen it trows ERROR at me 'cause it couldn't find the texture... i'll try that and see if it works wink.gif

EDIT: Uhm... I've got another question... Is there an easier way of selecting faces? 'cause really, the model's FULL of vertices, and it's kinda confusing :S

Thanks!

This post has been edited by SGJackson: Jul 29 2010, 18:45

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 29 2010, 20:36
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(SGJackson @ Jul 29 2010, 16:07) *
EDIT: Uhm... I've got another question... Is there an easier way of selecting faces? 'cause really, the model's FULL of vertices, and it's kinda confusing :S

Unfortunately not sad.gif

You'll get the hang of selecting faces eventually. If doubleclick the small tabs at the corners of the display, you can get more than one display, which makes working out the exact vertex you want to texture a lot easier as you can simultaneously view the top, left and front of the model!

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
SGJackson
post Jul 30 2010, 01:40
Post #5

Dood, i tell ya know, it's impossible to select a face by selecting each vertices that compose it... i'd appreciate if you could unless give me a tut showing how to give textures to a complex model on O2 :S

Thanks anyway wink.gif!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 30 2010, 13:01
Post #6

Group Icon

Yes you can, I do it myself! Though you can also select a face using the face selection tool (the button with the finger pointed at a face, near the vertex tool), it's not as accurate though....

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 23:55