IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flightmodel, Similar to OFP or seriously improved?
NeMeSiS
post Nov 28 2006, 22:14
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(Blackscorpion @ Nov 28 2006, 22:10) *
We need to start a new thread about the realism and equipment of ArmA then?

You can do that if you want (i decided to delete my post because it was offtopic, but you already replyed tongue.gif )

--------------------
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.
[img]http://www.impossible-quiz.com/images/badges/95-3.gif[img]
Impossible Quiz

Quote Post
Red Square Monkey
post Nov 28 2006, 22:15
Post #42

There will be cake.

Member No.: 117

QUOTE(BigglesTrevor @ Nov 28 2006, 20:23) *

you mean the RFC graduated.gif

Errr, yes blues.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE(NeMeSiS)
AFAIK all the m113s are from the south sahranis, the US forces use the strykers

Nope, the BLUFOR also uses the M113 and Vulcan.

[EDIT] I lol'd

Quote Post
NeMeSiS
post Nov 28 2006, 22:23
Post #43

Member No.: 7

Choppers and planes now people, m113s cant fly (except in OFP/ArmA graduated.gif ) so the discussion doesnt belong here

--------------------
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.
[img]http://www.impossible-quiz.com/images/badges/95-3.gif[img]
Impossible Quiz

Quote Post
Crankep
post Nov 28 2006, 22:38
Post #44

Member No.: 281

QUOTE(da rat @ Nov 28 2006, 20:45) *

Personally, I'm not listening to all the hype about choppers being unflyable... It's a game, and they wouldn't release a game with a feature that wasn't fully usable IMO. I reckon it'll just need practice - and that's something I'm willing to put time into

Of course, it's only down to practice in the end. But compared to OFP some people might think it's unflyable.

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Nov 28 2006, 22:45
Post #45

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Member No.: 270

They obviously haven't tried FS2004... tongue.gif

Seriously, I haven't landed in it with a chopper in ages! Dunno if it's my stick or what, but it's just... unstable. Might need more practise, though.

The Agusta A109's I slapped into FSX demo work fine there though... except for them not having most gauges and being mostly transparent.

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
Crankep
post Nov 28 2006, 23:09
Post #46

I flew helicopter in FSX, pretty fun but hard to fly good. sad.gif

Edit: After flying with the mouse now for a bit I can say it's not really that bad. What you have to watch out for is sharp turns. They will throw you into a spin. Also, sharp turns will lower your altitude, especially on the KA-50 so be ready to throttle up. I changed the default controls a bit, I put "A" and "D" to control the rudders and kept "Q" and "Z" for throttle control. The mouse I left as it was. Works good.

First off I tried the Littlebird. The FFARs are pretty easy to get to the target. Just line up on a run, use rudder combined with the mouse to make adjustments. Keep in mind that the rockets land slightly short of where you are aiming. Make a long turn and come back and line up or make a sharp turn to stop the helicopter and line up again.

Next I tried the Cobra it has a CO-pilot that handles the cannon so no need to worry there. When using the hellfires just press tab to bring up a target and fire. The FFARs are a bit harder since the cobra is more twitchy that the Littlebird, but lowering your mouse sensitivity might be the solution.

The KA-50 it less twitchy and moves slower than the cobra, making it easier to aim the unguided rockets with. The cannon, I can't move it but it's supposed to work so I'm sure that owns for killing infantry. The guided missiles are the same as the cobra's basicly. But you can fire them off a bit faster since you don't have to say commands to the gunner like in the cobra.

The UH-60 Blackhawk is pretty sluggish but I'm sure that it will prove useful in supporting infantry with those FFARs.

A tip: Don't stay within firing range too long in the transport choppers / Littlebird. A few well placed rounds can end your day quickly. The best thing is to go in, line up, fire at high speed.

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Nov 29 2006, 11:30
Post #47

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Member No.: 270

OK... well I need to try with the yoke again then. I can't even remember when I've flown with mouse last time!

Couple of points.
1. Commands to gunner? Doesn't it have like a manual fire thing like in OFP?
2. Ka-50 slower than the Cobra? In real life the thing is nearly 30 knots faster than Cobra. Also more manouverable than pretty much anything West has in it's arsenal atm, apparently including EC Tiger which, believe me, is VERY manouverable. Saw it doing a barrel roll at Le Bourget in 2005 so...
3. You just mixed Hellfire and TOW, or is the Cobra armed with Hellfires? (ok, checked it from the pics, it is... lets have fun KH!)

Oh, and I see you talked about ArmA all the time? Well I only talked about OFP, and that was with yoke as the flying control, too.

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
Crankep
post Nov 29 2006, 14:40
Post #48

Yes I was talking about ArmA the whole time. By "moves slower" I didn't mean the speed but how it responds to mouse movements (the roll etc.).
I know that the real life KA-50 is faster then the cobra. But this is ArmA and not real life. I'll try it again.

And no I didn't mix hellfires with TOWs. The reason I said guided missiles when talking about the KA-50 was because I couldn't think of their name. tongue.gif

Oh and yes, of course it has manual fire wich speeds that up to the same as with the KA-50. Forgot to add that. tongue.gif

Quote Post
Red Square Monkey
post Nov 29 2006, 19:22
Post #49

There will be cake.

Member No.: 117

QUOTE(Crankep @ Nov 29 2006, 14:40) *

Oh and yes, of course it has manual fire wich speeds that up to the same as with the KA-50. Forgot to add that. tongue.gif

Oh thank god, might not be completely realistic but it's better then having to wait 5 sec. before the gunner finally fires that TOW boppin2.gif

Quote Post
cptdennis
post Dec 2 2006, 20:07
Post #50

Member No.: 81

QUOTE(Red Square Monkey @ Nov 24 2006, 23:24) *

Does anyone have a pic of that dirt runway btw?

IPB Image

just made one Copy of rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

Quote Post
DaRat
post Dec 2 2006, 20:28
Post #51

~Established April, 2004~

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 34

Looks really nice. Can the AI take off from it, or is it just for show? For that matter, can the ai use multiple runways in ArmA? Haven't heard any confirmation on that at all. Cheers smile.gif

Quote Post
viper79300
post Dec 4 2006, 16:15
Post #52

Member No.: 367

I try Armed assault. But helo are very hard to control. There where no mark to indicate the position of the mouse and you can't know if you turn because it doesn't remove to the middle. So when you dive the axe of the chopper deviate from right or left. It's very hard to make fine correction. The tail rotor work only under 50. When you fight over 50, it a plane and the tail rotor is not working!
I'm very upset it's one of the things that i like in ofp. I will try to confogure my joystick x52 but it will be hard.
YO 79300

Quote Post
RMK
post Dec 4 2006, 18:39
Post #53

Member No.: 362

I think the problem with controlling helos mouse wise at the moment is the annoying mouse lag you get in the game sometimes, seems to be worse in the helo in first person too blink.gif

However, I have no trouble flying the Blackhawk, KA-50 and Cobra in third person with the same controls so I havent the faintest idea whats going on.

Quote Post
JAS
post Dec 5 2006, 12:54
Post #54

Member No.: 385

Yep I'm afraid OFP flying fans will be dissapointed with the current release. I love all aspects of OFP, but still enjoy buzzing the hils in a heli as often as I can. Littlebirds are a dream to fly in OFP, but sadly in ArmA they are a nightmare to control. I never used auto hover in OFP as I could control the helis with perfect precision. ArmA just feels like the flight model is controlled by an 8 point digital gamepad on a PS2.

I hope BIS fix this fast as they will make a lot of people very unhappy when this is released to the mass markets.

Jasooon

Quote Post
Crankep
post Dec 5 2006, 13:07
Post #55

The most annoying thing with the controls are that they aren't fluid, it's more like you put the elevation at different levels. Like elevation level 1-10 etc.

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 22:18