Closed TopicStart new topic
> ArmA 1943, A ww2 mod for ArmA
GIJOE94
post Jun 17 2007, 15:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 767

ArmA 1943

Hi folks, I'm thinking of making a ww2 Mod for ArmA called ArmA 1943, and I need some volenteers to join, and make addons for the mod.
What needs to be made:

Aircraft
Units
Vehicles
Tanks
Objects

Any one who is good at making any of these addons, please post here stating that you are volenteering, and also what you can make for me.
Scince Invasion 1944 is closed, this Mod could be popular.
Thanks for your time folks.

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Jukka
post Jun 17 2007, 16:09
Post #2

Member No.: 637

But Oxygen 2 isn't released yet sad.gif

--------------------
Свинья спайдера, свинья спайдера, делает свинья спайдера делает, может он отбрасывает от стержня, никакого он не может он будет свиньей, взглядом вне, котор он будет свиньей спайдера.

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 17 2007, 16:13
Post #3

Yeah, I know that but there is a way to convert models from O2 which has been posted in: Addons work in progress/Yak-141 freestyle. I only want the models and the config, so it dosnt matter if they havnt been converted, because I know some one who can do it.Oh and I forgot to mension that once you've told me what you can build, I'll give you a list of things that you need to make.

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Jukka
post Jun 17 2007, 16:24
Post #4

I can make textures.

--------------------
Свинья спайдера, свинья спайдера, делает свинья спайдера делает, может он отбрасывает от стержня, никакого он не может он будет свиньей, взглядом вне, котор он будет свиньей спайдера.

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 17 2007, 16:32
Post #5

Excellent, welcome abord soldier. Now all we need is some modelers.

--------------------

Quote Post
Rellikki
post Jun 17 2007, 17:30
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 13

Is it a mod about Sahrani in 1943, because only that way the mod's name would make sense. tongue.gif Also, do you yourself have any knowledge about scripting, modeling or texturing, because mods whose leader doesn't know anything about it die very fast, I'm afraid.

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 17 2007, 17:57
Post #7

Well, it is about sahrani getting invaded by Germans.I think it wont die fast because I'm trying to recruite modlers that have experiance and I know a few of them so I have my fingers crossed.My only worry is that it will take a long time to complete but luckly I already have a recruited texturer doing the uniforms for me, so I'm not doing to bad.

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 17 2007, 19:09
Post #8

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

A mod leader needs to be sufficient/good in at least 3 of 6 disciplines (and preferably all):

Modelling
Texturing
Island making
Config writing
Animating
Sound-editing

A modleader needs to be able (in a perfect world) to make an entire addon from scratch. To both attract members (by showing nice work in progress screens) and to understand members' problems.

Then there is also websitebuilding, but a website isn't essential to a mod, as forums can also help a great deal to promote your mod.

I have seen many of these idea's, some great and others not, but most of those that survived did so because they had modleaders that knew what they were doing. You can't expect to post a message requesting someone make you this, while you lean back. The initiative needs to come from you. A good modleader is always twice as active as his members.

Learn both modeling and texturing and your mod may have a chance. If you think like "but I just want other people to make the mod for me'', then you are in the wrong community my friend sad.gif

Good luck.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 17 2007, 19:27
Post #9

Thanks for the support Jdb.I am thinking of making a website for the mod later and I will post it on the forums.

--------------------

Quote Post
Jukka
post Jun 17 2007, 21:41
Post #10

Maybe U should put this topic in BI forums (more people)

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 17 2007, 21:43
Post #11

I would Jukka, but I'm not a member.Are you?

--------------------

Quote Post
Jukka
post Jun 17 2007, 21:44
Post #12

Yep!

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 17 2007, 21:46
Post #13

Well, why don't you post about it, I've given all the info.

--------------------

Quote Post
Jukka
post Jun 17 2007, 21:50
Post #14

Done. thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 17 2007, 22:56
Post #15

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

As is proving itself on the BIS forums as well, the mod is not well thought out, or is certainly not made clear in this recruitment attempt. You can't expect to draw people to your cause by nothing more than a name. Rellikki even had to guess what the mod was about, no serious modmaker would consider joining a project he knowns next to nothing about. You first need to write down your modgoals, do research on your subject, then develop a storyline, make up a list of needed addons after that, and finally start looking at recruiting new people.

Modmaking is not as easy as it may seem, there are reasons that can cause even good mods to close.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Jukka
post Jun 18 2007, 06:50
Post #16

Thanks for the help JdB smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 18 2007, 16:41
Post #17

Hi folks,here's a picture of the uniform going to be used by the US soldiers in the mod, created by the highley skilled texturer Jukka.After looking at the BI forums, we may have another member joining so we've got our fingers crossed for now.
Thanks for your help + support people.

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 18 2007, 17:06
Post #18

Hi folks! Heres the early website for the mod: Arma 1943 web site.It also has a forum which you can join.

--------------------

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Jun 19 2007, 12:59
Post #19

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

There is no need to doublepost within 25 minutes. Use the button next time !

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 19 2007, 16:31
Post #20

Thanks for that, deadeye.Now, we have the textures ready and I think that Jukka is about to add them to a soldier, so we're going along OK.Jukka told me that the guy that might join realy could be joining.I'll post more news on this mod as soon as anything happens.

--------------------

Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 22:38