Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Funny news
UKGBlazero
post May 12 2008, 17:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,007

i just had to put this up for you lot to see its from 4 or so weeks a go and its fuuny as frak
[im]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/blazer01/Speeding_Ticket.jpg[/img] Over 150kb
hope its not to big the pic that is lol

This post has been edited by JdB: May 12 2008, 17:24
Reason for edit: Image over 150kb

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
D@V£
post May 12 2008, 17:25
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Pah... any real pilot would have blown them up.

You can never be too sure with these things.

(Is this the correct account? I seem to remeber the police intentionally aimed at the jet... which was flying at a noticeable altitude.)

(Yeah, you might want to take out the hotlink, that is a bit over regulation...)

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post May 12 2008, 17:26
Post #3

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

It is too big. It takes most people less time to actually check the size of the image than to type "hope its not to big the pic that is lol" wink.gif

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post May 13 2008, 01:12
Post #4

ya soz lads for the size er is a link to the pic

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/blaz...ding_Ticket.jpg

--------------------

- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post May 14 2008, 20:58
Post #5

and a new one today

LONDON (Reuters) - Aliens from outer space have been visiting Britain for years and UFO sightings doubled after the film Close Encounters was released in 1977, according to secret files collating reports by members of the public.

The alien craft come in all shapes, sizes and colours but their occupants are uniformly green, the Ministry of Defence
The archives (at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ufos) are the first batch of a four-year release programme of all the ministry's UFO files from 1978 to the present day.

The ministry dismisses 90 percent of the reports as having mundane explanations and leave 10 percent with a question mark and the assurance they are no defence threat.

A 1983 report from a 78-year-old out fishing at midnight tells of following aliens in green overalls on to a spaceship and then being told to go away because he was too old and decrepit for their purposes.

Two years later, a typewritten letter to the ministry tells of an alien spaceship being shot down in the river Mersey in northern England by another spacecraft and of the author developing a warm friendship with an alien called Algar.

Just as Algar was about to reveal himself to the government he was killed by other aliens, the author of the letter writes. He was still in telepathic contact with an alien called Malcben from the planet Platone in the Milky Way, the author added.

rofl.gif
"Clearly some reports remain unexplained but we have found no evidence that these phenomena represent a threat to national security and therefore cannot justify devoting Defence resources to their investigation," said an official letter in 1985.
The term Unidentified Flying Object was coined in a U.S. Air Force report three years after the description 'flying saucer' was applied to a sighting in Washington State in June 1947.

In Britain, so worrying was the spate of reports that a secret Flying Saucer Working Party was formed to check them out.

Like the U.S. Air Force, it concluded flying saucers did not exist. But its final report in 1951 was still classified "secret/discreet" and given very limited circulation.

Not all sightings can be easily dismissed as the working of overwrought or intoxicated minds, or triggered by watching Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Royal Air Force personnel, civil aviation pilots and air traffic controllers have also reported sightings and radar tracks that remain unexplained despite high-level investigation.

Among the most famous was the sighting on two occasions of unexplained bright lights landing near a U.S. airbase in Rendlesham Forest in southern England. Even the deputy commander of the base put his name to that 1980 report.

--------------------

- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
Deadeye
post May 17 2008, 11:49
Post #6

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(UKGBlazero @ May 12 2008, 18:16) *
i just had to put this up for you lot to see its from 4 or so weeks a go and its fuuny as frak
[im]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/blazer01/Speeding_Ticket.jpg[/img] Over 150kb
hope its not to big the pic that is lol

Must be fake... sad.gif

The Sidewinder is an Air-Air missile, it is heat-seeking and not radar guided

Too bad it would have been extremly funny indead

--------------------

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post May 17 2008, 12:32
Post #7

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Member No.: 270

And I doubt they'd have Dutch pilots piloting them... noticed the fakeness after a bit of reading, but agreed, still fun. Suits my style of flying! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
D@V£
post May 17 2008, 16:30
Post #8

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Deadeye @ May 17 2008, 11:49) *
Must be fake... sad.gif

The Sidewinder is an Air-Air missile, it is heat-seeking and not radar guided

Too bad it would have been extremly funny indead

It is true. It's just the source appears to have (as most newspapers round here do, sadly) gotten themselves some made up quotes.

Or "hey, we've received an outline of a classified document, let's make ourselves look good and forge some quotes from it".

Or "Hey, we can sell more copies of our paper if we put blatant lies on the frontpage!".

Or, as it's most commonly known: "Hey, this is why I have the BBC website RSS feed! biggrin.gif "

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Deadeye
post May 17 2008, 17:09
Post #9

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(D@V£ @ May 17 2008, 17:30) *
It is true. It's just the source appears to have (as most newspapers round here do, sadly) gotten themselves some made up quotes.
Or "hey, we've received an outline of a classified document, let's make ourselves look good and forge some quotes from it".

Or "Hey, we can sell more copies of our paper if we put blatant lies on the frontpage!".
Or, as it's most commonly known: "Hey, this is why I have the BBC website RSS feed! biggrin.gif "

Well then, go and find me a reliable source please wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 21:26