Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release
W0lle
post May 18 2009, 17:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,048

*** Important message to the community and the fans of CWR ***

After more than two years of hard work, several setbacks and people coming and going, a lot of great donations from very talented and kind people, and with a lot of support from many sources I need to make the following announcement:

Cold War Rearmed has been released

Some months back it seemed that we cannot make it in time, that a release for ArmA is not possible. But with the help of many people who spent a lot of their free time and their models an impossible task has been done. Without our donators and the hard and dedicated work from the team this would not have been possible. A huge thank you to all the people at BIS for all their support, assistance and input in the past two years.

I am grateful to these kind people and the whole CWR Mod team.

However, not all tasks has been completed. There are models which don't match the quality of others. There might be bugs in the missions and campaigns. There might be translation errors and yes there are even some placeholders still in use we were not able to replace with finished models, we used a lot of sticky-tape and welding to make it happen. smile.gif
We had then to decide: Release what we have, or abandon all the work and donations and wait for ArmA2. We decided to release CWR as a public beta and hope that you enjoy what we have done in the past two years.

Detailed Bugreports and constructive feedback are highly appreciated and we do our best to fix what we can. Depending on how many people are still interested in our Mod even after ArmA2 has been released, we might provide further bugfixes and patches. If you have an addon you think it would replace our existing ones we're more than happy to include it.
There are certain people out there we asked for help or cooperation several times but they simply ignored us, there are also a bunch of people which joined and promised us the moon on a stick but never did anything. I do not want hear any complaints from these people, not a single word - you know who you are.

Last but not least, please check the included credits scene for a list of all involved people. Please check also the readme for some important details.

Thanks for your interest in our work and have fun with Berghoff, Gastovski, Armstrong, Kozlowski, Fowley, Guba, Angelina and all the others. smile.gif

Download Mirrors:
Courtesy of Armaholic
Courtesy of Armaholic
Mirror courtesy of E-UTP.NET
Mirror courtesy of arma2.pl
Mirror courtesy of Armed-Assault.de
Courtesy of armagame.info
Courtesy of Armed-Assault.info

Fixed SP Mission "Infantry" (v1.09)
A little Icon set for CWR (v1.0)
Missing Winter Kolgujev Addons
Resistance Campaign v1.04
CWC Campaign v1.04
Fixed MP versions

This post has been edited by W0lle: Jun 2 2009, 17:51

Quote Post
AndreAce
post May 18 2009, 18:04
Post #2

Member No.: 3,676

QUOTE(W0lle @ May 18 2009, 18:52) *
*** Important message to the community and the fans of CWR ***

Cold War Rearmed has been released

Great - thanks a lot to the whole CWR-Team thumbsup.gif
You saved my day^^ Downloading now,testing a.s.a.p.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post May 18 2009, 21:24
Post #3

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

1.4GB!? ohnoo.gif

...how is that even possible? ohnoo.gif

Downloading anyway! boppin2.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Rewan
post May 19 2009, 00:18
Post #4

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Beast of War
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 12

OMG ! OMG ! OMG !

You made my day (oh well, my night !)...

Will Dl that tomorrow... and will push it to it's limits ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
This is my totaly useless signature

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
D@V£
post May 19 2009, 01:10
Post #5

Group Icon

Awesome release, but there's a few issues...

The new AK sound is far too plastic-ey. Sounds like a cheap Japanese toy. What was wrong with the default ArmA AK sound? You used the default M4/M16 sounds.
Angilina's face should be pre-set too... it's alright some of the time, but I don't think ArmA is ready for bearded women tongue.gif
And there's a shadow bug with Guba's camouflage.

More if I find them.

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Operation_Human_Shield
post May 19 2009, 01:17
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 399

Downloading. Thanks for the release and all your work, cant wait to play...smile.gif

--------------------
Operation Human Shield hates spaces in front of punctuation marks! Howgh!

Quote Post
W0lle
post May 19 2009, 02:03
Post #7

QUOTE(D@V£ @ May 19 2009, 02:10) *

The new AK sound is far too plastic-ey. Sounds like a cheap Japanese toy. What was wrong with the default ArmA AK sound? You used the default M4/M16 sounds.
Angilina's face should be pre-set too... it's alright some of the time, but I don't think ArmA is ready for bearded women tongue.gif

More if I find them.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm 100% sure we had a reason for using that AK sound but you are right I just compared the too and the CWR one us much.... "cheaper".
Angelinas face was pre-set, but after adding wounded textures it went back. Should be fixed again now and will be included in the first patch.
Shadow bug with Guba I will forward to the guy responsible for him.

For those people with Resistance campaign problems: Download v1.01 here.

Quote Post
Wittmann
post May 19 2009, 02:53
Post #8

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

There goes my spare time for the week...looking forward to this biggrin.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Old Bear
post May 19 2009, 08:16
Post #9

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

I am angry ... the file upload on our armed Assault.info .ftp has failed during the night ! The link was shut down after uploading half the file, and my connection is so slow ATM it will take more than 6 hours to complete the task __furious.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
MemphisBelle
post May 19 2009, 10:22
Post #10

Member No.: 1,119

Thanks to the whole CWR Team. You all made an awesome Job...those small issues shouldnt be that problem to talk about here. Wolle told that there are some left in the mod, so I know it and finally having fun anyway.

Thanks for your thousands of hours of work and the huge support to the whole ArmA Com.

ArmA rocks
CWR Rocks more

regards

MemphisBelle

Quote Post
D@V£
post May 19 2009, 15:01
Post #11

Group Icon

The Kozlice does next to no damage. I seem to remeber it was fine in OFP, but now them commies can take a shot to the head from the slugs and still be standing ohnoo.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
pMASTER
post May 19 2009, 16:30
Post #12

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

Another issue is the AI handling of anti tank weapons in my humble opinion. Seemingly even more excessively than in vanilla ArmA, they fire the rocket propelled grenades at everything that moves, and not only tanks. That can be nice for sure but not if you need well equipped LAW soldiers to engage hostile tanks.

All in all it's quite nice though. Some changes like the altered voices need getting used to, but that's okay.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Rewan
post May 19 2009, 19:03
Post #13

Group Icon

- No damage texture for SU-25...
- Weird ground texture but at the airport when looking at dead bodies
- Soldiers in CH47 got their feet in the helo floor...

After that we got all the LQ sounds and weapons...

But, for now I won't whine about it so... GJ CWR team wink.gif

--------------------

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
pMASTER
post May 19 2009, 19:27
Post #14

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

How come that sometimes original voices are used and sometimes not?

Some minor issues:

- Face bugs: Characters like Sergeant Berghof and Commandant Slava come up with a new face every mission
- AI makes excessive usage of AT weapons against other soldiers and prefers them as a target even when a hostile tank is close
- Mission 9 ("Rescue") of the CWC campaign: Even when the hostile tank is destroyed, the other resistance fighters do not open fire. The hostages would die if they player really waited for the command to open fire.
- Resistance Campaign: Many messed up cutscenes

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
itim_tuko
post May 19 2009, 19:36
Post #15

Member No.: 3,410

QUOTE(D@V£ @ May 19 2009, 02:10) *

More if I find them.

hi D@V£, could you please describe the Guba shadow bug so I can fix it. Thanks in advance.

Quote Post
W0lle
post May 19 2009, 19:46
Post #16

The Kozlice does next to no damage.

We use the OFP/Elite weapon values everywhere. No changes were made to any of them.

Another issue is the AI handling of anti tank weapons in my humble opinion. Seemingly even more excessively than in vanilla ArmA, they fire the rocket propelled grenades at everything that moves, and not only tanks. That can be nice for sure but not if you need well equipped LAW soldiers to engage hostile tanks

Again we haven't changed anything here, the values are either default ArmA or default OFP/Elite ones.

- No damage texture for SU-25...
- Weird ground texture but at the airport when looking at dead bodies
- Soldiers in CH47 got their feet in the helo floor...

After that we got all the LQ sounds and weapons...

The Su-25 and Chinook are both Placeholders (obviously).
Airport... we have 5 or 6 of them, it would help a lot if we would know at which airport.
As for the sounds, I explained already why we can't use the original ones. It's boring to repeat over and over again. We use only soundfiles from the Xbox version, if they sound identical to the OFP ones then because they were used in the Xbox version too. The voices are a mix from Elite and hidden ArmA ones.
Low-quality weapons, everyone had 3 or 4 chances to join and work with us...

Don't get me wrong, we all know that the quality of weapons is partially terrible. We asked several skilled people and they decided to either ignore us or promised us everything we wanted to hear just to then disappear without a word. What makes me angry is people who either ignored our call for help or can't do stuff on their own but then complain about the ugly content. It's easy to complain if you were not involved in developing the stuff.

Quote Post
Rewan
post May 19 2009, 20:01
Post #17

Group Icon

I guess it's at Everon Airport... it's where the buildings are placed... Plus I noticed that the runway and "this place" don't have walking sound... so if you start on it you won't hear anything but if you walk on grass then on the runway then you'll get grass-footsteps

About the sounds: Yes I read that lot of times and that wasn't my point: I am sure people will make a sound replacement... OFP and ArmA sounds aren't the best ones. (In the reallistic matter)

About the place-holders: I know that too but I you work from these place holders to MQ models then a little feedback won't hurt... Or I think so.

And don't hit me, I am only good at being an idiot so... smile.gif

--------------------

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
D@V£
post May 19 2009, 21:48
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE(itim_tuko @ May 19 2009, 19:36) *
hi D@V£, could you please describe the Guba shadow bug so I can fix it. Thanks in advance.

I'm seeing shadows of pouches on his belt that aren't present on the resolution LODs.

Wouldn't be too much of a problem, but they leave these dark patches where they would be.

This post has been edited by D@V£: May 20 2009, 00:26

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
DaKa
post May 19 2009, 22:08
Post #19

Member No.: 3,397

Thank you CWR, downloading now, worship.gif and W0lle, you got to teach me how to make borders like that on a picture like the one posted! naughty.gif

Quote Post
W0lle
post May 20 2009, 02:31
Post #20

First post edited, links for bugfixes included.

Problems with Guba I have forwarded, seems that guy always causing problems... rofl.gif

@Rewan
No problem at all.
Missing sounds on concrete we also have on Malden, shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Looking into to that weird ground textures and dead bodies

"Face bugs: Characters like Sergeant Berghof and Commandant Slava come up with a new face every mission"
They all have fixed face textures defined in the campaigns description.ext, I just accidently gave Berghof a white skin instead of black

"AI makes excessive usage of AT weapons against other soldiers and prefers them as a target even when a hostile tank is close"
Nothing we can do here as we can't change the engine itself.

"Mission 9 ("Rescue") of the CWC campaign: Even when the hostile tank is destroyed, the other resistance fighters do not open fire. The hostages would die if they player really waited for the command to open fire."
Damn cowards... Gonna look into this asap, probably a trigger not working as it should. I remember that mission already caused problems in OFP when used with other Mods. It's a doomed one smile.gif

"Resistance Campaign: Many messed up cutscenes"
Maybe you could define "messed up"? Which cutsenes? There are quite a lot of them.
I fixed them as best as I could with my limited camscripting knowledge. unsure.gif

@DaKa
It's one of the borders included in my Paint Shop Pro X2

This post has been edited by W0lle: May 20 2009, 02:36

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 16:21