IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Want to join the Site-Staff ? Come here !, Read the info and apply :)
Deadeye
post Mar 10 2009, 14:30
Post #1

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

We are always looking for site staff members, who are interested in providing the community with the latest ArmA/ArmA2 releases and information.

In particular we are looking for :

- Newsposter
Adding the latest News to our site. This may include WIP pics, Videos, Addon releases and more.

- Mission Admin
Adding Missions/Campaigns to our database.

- Translator
Translating news into any language from our language section. Or maybe you want your native language present on our website?

- Game Server Admin:
Your job is to search for MP Missions and add the missions to our gameserver. This might include converting missions. If you are interested in setting up a regular event on our server this is also welcomed.

- News Spotter:
Your task will be to search through various ArmA Forums and websites in order to find newsworthy informations like addon releases, WIP stuff, interesting articles, tutorials and more. If you find somethinmg you'll only have to Send in the News, providing the download link, source and screenshots.

Requirements :

You will not need any requirements, such as coding knowledge in order to post a news. Our site system is extremly user friendly and allows you to prepare a news within a few minutes.
We have also prepared several easy to understand tutorials (text and video).
Furthermore the site team will assist you on every problem you may encounter.

All we are asking for is, that you are motivated to help us providing the latest news to the community.
We do not force you to write any news, and if you are able to post a few news items a week, that's just fine smile.gif !

If we have sparked your interest just post here, PM Deadeye or write an E-Mail to : recruitment@armedassault.info.

--------------------

Quote Post
João
post Apr 24 2009, 20:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,727

What do I need to be staff?
Thanks

Quote Post
hispeed
post May 21 2009, 17:35
Post #3

Member No.: 5,318

I use your site a lot, so if you need help on the admin side, I can prolly help out.

I'm fairly new to ArmA, but I have a long list of bonafides for gaming and programming.

Sent an email from work, doubt it gets past our computer police, so I'm posting here. ph34r.gif

I go by "TangoBlaster" in-game these days.

Regards,

Tango

Quote Post
pMASTER
post May 21 2009, 17:48
Post #4

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

"Programming"? What do you do?

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
hispeed
post May 21 2009, 18:04
Post #5

Programming...

In 70s, I was doing machine language with the military, involving a range of systems including crypto gear and missile systems.

In the 80s, I learned BASIC on my own and took graduate course in Pascal that got me interested in structured programming. I taught a course titled "Digital Computer Fundamentals" at Redstone Arsenal, for the U.S. Army Missle Command (USAMICOM), this was based on the old Z-80 chip set and 360 Winchester drives. At this time, I didn't realize it, but I was gradually migrating from harwdware to software. I was also involved in the testing of the old DARPANET, which was the precursor to the Internet, using Silent 700 terminals. In the mid 80s, I was trained in XENIX programming, and was a XENIX Level III Systems Admin in Germany -- I was the first one (that I know of) that figured out how to interface an Intel 310 Lan with the Bundespost telephone network.

In the 90s, I got interested in C++, as an amateur interest, and this has persisted off and on to the present. My favored C++ is Visual Studio 2008. I would rate myself as an intermediate level programmer, overall.

As far as gaming, I won't list out all the games I've played, but will mention the fact that made quite a few scripted maps for the Nova games including Delta Force Extreme and Joint Operations.

Currently, I'm the Deputy Web Director for a clan, and use PHP and HTML a lot, with MYSQL. I'm currently registered in a C++ oriented online course with the Game Institute. I own two commercial game engines, calledTorque Advanced and C4.

Hope this helps...obviously I'm and old guy with no life! LOL Btw, I see your siggy -- I lived in Germany for a total of 6 years, when I was working with Army Air Defense, in the 80s (bei Nurenburg).

This post has been edited by hispeed: May 21 2009, 18:36

Quote Post
pMASTER
post May 22 2009, 14:55
Post #6

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

A honorary Franconian so to speak! biggrin.gif

We'll discuss all applications internally, so you should hear from us soon.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
hispeed
post May 22 2009, 20:04
Post #7

Servos...naya, Fanconia -- vielleicht, aber Ich war im Stadt vilseck, im Oberpfalz.

...Richtig, spater bestaetigen.

Quote Post
Wittmann
post May 23 2009, 08:10
Post #8

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

English in the English section please.

Rest assured you have most likely won his heart without using his native tongue wink.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Viper
post Jun 16 2009, 10:02
Post #9

Member No.: 218

My name is Kevin, I'm a Dutch software engineer and proficient in the usage of the English language for both daily usage as well as technical terms. My native tongue is Dutch and I'm wondering if there's any interest in supporting a Dutch language section on the website?

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 19 2009, 17:27
Post #10

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Viper @ Jun 16 2009, 11:02) *
My name is Kevin, I'm a Dutch software engineer and proficient in the usage of the English language for both daily usage as well as technical terms. My native tongue is Dutch and I'm wondering if there's any interest in supporting a Dutch language section on the website?

Has been tried several times (including by me years ago). Basically language sections get no where near the amount of visitors, are not updated as often, and therefore even people the section is meant for just look at the English one instead because it offers better service. Especially seeing as how most Dutch are more proficient at English than most other Europeans (at least in writing), I don't see much use for it tbh. And looking at the other sections, the "Author X has sent us" intro bit of the newsposts is translated, but the quoted content (things the author said, which is like 85% of the times or more written in English) isn't, but is left in English, which makes having a section just to translate standard 1-3 sentence bits (most newsposts start with pretty much identical sentences) seem like a waste of time, as any visitor still needs to understand English to be able to comprehend the newsposts.

This post has been edited by I44_John: Jun 19 2009, 17:31

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Jun 21 2009, 15:04
Post #11

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

Basically we have found most of our Dutch members often speak the Queens English better than some of our UK members and visitors. wink.gif

As John has explained; the demand for a Dutch section is never high and we have less traffic on Dutch forums in the past than our other language sections. For the same reasons our Scandinavian language forums were dropped post OFP.info

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
hetsar
post May 2 2010, 21:16
Post #12

Member No.: 7,549

Hi guys, I wish to join your team as a news spotter, I always check every ArmA + ArmA 2 add-on sites daily and the amount of times I have found stuff you guys haven't is amazingly high.
Please feel free to get back to me at this email
Kyle131@hotmail.co.uk

Regards Kyle AkA ''Hetsar''

Quote Post
Gladius
post May 4 2010, 09:59
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 6,535

English./french translator if you need me.
oczhaal@gmail.com

Quote Post
Kenwort
post May 4 2010, 11:44
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 815

Hey,

I might help out with news posting. Been lurking around for a while now.. have some free time.. might as well use it to post news for the community wink.gif

edit: oh forgot to mention.. I was already a news poster over at ofp2.info

This post has been edited by Kenwort: May 4 2010, 12:01

--------------------

Quote Post
Alexpo
post May 4 2010, 19:39
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,541

If it is still necessary, I would like to join the team Armed Assault.Info. Position: News Spotter
My name is Alexey. I am 28 years old male, from Moscow Russia, speak Russian and English languages.

--------------------
A bad beginning makes a bad ending.

Quote Post
Imutep
post May 4 2010, 22:00
Post #16

ArmAdeus
Group Icon

Member No.: 559

Glad to read your interests! thumbsup.gif
Our admins would contact you as fast as possible.

Thx again

--------------------

German Mission Editing && Scripting Website

Quote Post
Deadly
post May 5 2010, 06:55
Post #17

Member No.: 7,560

Hey everybody. If you need a english to hungarian translator, Im here to help.

This post has been edited by Deadly: May 5 2010, 06:56

Quote Post
Old Bear
post May 8 2010, 14:52
Post #18

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 20

Hi all !
Glad to see you wanting to help us.

We have been busy in Admin/Gamer life as well as in RL one so we probably find us a bit slow on answering ... but remember that this site is only based on the energy of guys dedicated to an unique game ... admins, news posters, newshound and spotters don't get cash, just the pleasure to share information and knowledge.

We are trying to operate a news Team with dedicated people happy to spend their own time and energy and that is time and energy consuming in itself ^^.

So be patient, for we need all help we can gather !

--------------------

Quote Post
ObamasHomeboy
post May 14 2010, 16:51
Post #19

Member No.: 7,552

Turkish-English , if you need me.
I will also be a good News Spotter

This post has been edited by ObamasHomeboy: May 14 2010, 16:54

--------------------

Quote Post
Imutep
post May 14 2010, 16:58
Post #20

ArmAdeus
Group Icon

Member No.: 559

Nice to see that you wanna help! But Turkish-English isn't needed at the moment. But News spotter would be nice. ^^
AA.Info to all units.....Is there an english to german translator ou there! salut.gif

--------------------

German Mission Editing && Scripting Website

Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:15