IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HOW to install ACE MOD and HIFI Novus Aevum, Can anyone tell me how to install these MODS?!
triggerpuller101
post Oct 18 2009, 03:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,663

CAN SOMEONE please help me?! I'm new to Arma (I just bought Arma Gold yesterday) and I have never installed a mod in my life. I have just installed the game along with patches 1.14, 1.15, and 1.16. I have downloaded the A.C.E. mod version 1.08, and patch v1.09, which ready to be installed. My question is: How do I install ACE? I also downloaded a sound mod called HIFI Novus Aevum. How do I install this (since it is not an .exe file) and run it with A.C.E. instead of the BIS sound? Do I need to make an addons folder? Can you please show me a step by step process tutorial? Again I'm new to ARMA. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 18 2009, 13:46
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

IIRC ACE comes with it's own replacement sounds. You shouldn't try to install another soundmod along with it, as this may cause errors.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Oct 18 2009, 15:54
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

Not if it's done properly. Somewhere in the documentation it tells you how. It's defined by the clientside.hpp, in there somewhere there is an option to use BI sounds (which allows soundmods) or not.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 00:56