Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Level editing
Jeppen
post Oct 23 2007, 08:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,495

Hi,

i just ordered ArmA & Arma:QG and i'm trying to find editing tutorials, but i can't find any at all!
So, my thought is this:

Either it's just too easy and selfexplenatory that any tutorials would just be a waste of space,
or it's that, that it's really, really difficult and therefore there are no tutorials because it's just plain impossible to mod for this game?

What i'm primarily looking for is mapping tuts, polylimits etc...

Hope someone can point me in the right direction before i start puking2.gif

Thanks!

stupid.gif

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 23 2007, 10:18
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

It is surprisingly easy to mod this game, it's so simple even someone as stupid as myself can do it! ohmy.gif
The reason not many tutorials are around is probabley because most of the stuff has carried over from OFP (ArmA's predecessor). There's a nice site by Brsseb which details the basics of OFP modding. Most of this is still relevent in ArmA, but some of the classnames have changed a tad. Use it for reference, but I wouldn't rely on it.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=110
What you want is these tools, they'll do pretty much all you can ask for now. There is an alternative to Oxygen called Gatebuilder, however, Gatebuilder is optimised for OFP so I'd suggest using it only if you can't work out how to set up Oxygen.

The link to Brsseb's site should be www.ofp.info/brsseb, but it seems to be down right now. I'd suggest using his tutorial to set up O2. smile.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Jeppen
post Oct 23 2007, 10:39
Post #3

Huge thanks!!

the brsseb url didn't work, so i googled a little and found the site at: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/

Big thanks and have a great day ahead! smile.gif

Quote Post
JdB
post Oct 23 2007, 16:04
Post #4

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

This isn't about any mod that is being made, and so it belongs in Addons - Work in progress not Mods smile.gif

MOVED

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Jeppen
post Oct 24 2007, 07:59
Post #5

whoopsi
sorry about that! blues.gif

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:12