Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> equipping laser designators
Fatality
post Oct 19 2009, 00:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

how do you equip a unit with laser designators?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 19 2009, 08:41
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

CODE
This addmagazine "Laserbatteries"; this addweapon "Laserdesignator"

Note that the soldier in question needs one free magazine slot, and one free equipment slot. If he's already equipped with both NV goggles and binoculars you'll need to remove one of them first.

This post has been edited by D@V£: Oct 19 2009, 08:42

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Fatality
post Oct 20 2009, 23:11
Post #3

Member No.: 6,251

thanks

Quote Post
Karlo
post Jan 11 2010, 16:37
Post #4

Member No.: 7,044

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Oct 19 2009, 08:41) *
CODE
This addmagazine "Laserbatteries"; this addweapon "Laserdesignator"

Note that the soldier in question needs one free magazine slot, and one free equipment slot. If he's already equipped with both NV goggles and binoculars you'll need to remove one of them first.

I added the code you listed above into the initialization window of the unit but I only get equipped with the laser designator and no batteries. Do you know how I can add the batteries?

UPDATE: I solved the missing battery by using an unarmed soldier to clear out all items first but I still need to verify if the designator actually works.

This post has been edited by Karlo: Jan 11 2010, 16:54

Quote Post
Daniel
post Jan 12 2010, 17:05
Post #5

ARCP Winner 2007

Member No.: 100

You should just be able to select laser designator and click to turn the red dot on.

--------------------
OFP/Arma addict turned forum lurker.

Quote Post
wipman
post Jan 13 2010, 00:17
Post #6

Member No.: 476

Hi, i would equip the soldier with the laser designator using this line:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanagSD";this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanagSD";this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanagSD";this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanagSD";this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanagSD";this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanagSD";this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanagSD"; this addmagazine "handgrenadetimed";this addmagazine "handgrenadetimed";this addmagazine "laserbatteries";this addmagazine "pipeBomb"; this addweapon "m4a1sd"; this addweapon "nvgoggles";this addweapon "laserdesignator"; this addweapon "put"; this addweapon "throw";

the last two "weapons" (put and throw) allow the unit (in the case of be an AI) to throw handgrenades to the enemy or to be able of put a explosive charge where you order him to do, using the communications menu; you first order him to move to X place and once he's there... you order him to place a charge and he do it; without the "weapon" put, you don't gonna get the option of order him to do it.
You'll know that the soldier (asuming that it's an AI) use the laser designator if you do a try on the missions editor with that equipment if you put a enemy tank in the map far away from him and you choose a Harrier AV-8(LGB), when you fly near the tank, you should cicle by the Harrie's weapons from the cannon to the GBU-12 bombs, then, you should be able of lock the bombs (as you'll do it with the helfires on an AH-1Z) on the enemy tank and hit on target. This works without be in the same team/group than that AI unit and also if you've that AI unit under your command.
You should be aware that when the AIs run from cover to cover after switch to the laser designator, they don't turn it off... so you've to make a pair of fly-by to identify that the next designated target is a valid objective and that the AI unit isn't pointing at a single soldier lost on the map, the bush that he've at 12m in front him or any friendly unit like a M113 ambulance, a medic... an engineer... or things like that. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
Stawebopl
post Oct 15 2014, 10:52
Post #7

Member No.: 10,553

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:18