Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ArmA Gold
iceman11a
post Nov 15 2011, 16:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,322

I just registered and got ArmA Gold Yesterday and I wanted to make sure that this is the right place for ArmA games and mission editing.

If so. Is there a way to hide groups. Objects and units.

I need a way to hide units and objects until I'm ready to call for them.

And this version of the game has Combat operations and Queens Gambit and I wanted to find out how to edit missions for each expansion pack. I didn't see an option to turn the expansion packs on or off. it does have.

1) Royal Flush
2) Armed Assault
3) Rahmadi Conflict.

Every time I want to create a new mission. It looks like the only one that loads in is Royal Flush. Can some one give me some knowledge on this game.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 15 2011, 18:20
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Could you try rephrasing that, it's a bit difficult to work out what you're asking unsure.gif

QG should install as a modfolder (I don't have the gold version, so I'm not sure if it's different in this case), so if you just want to run the game in "vanilla" mode, you should be able to use EMSI's launcher ([click here]) to launch ArmA without QG loaded.

Or you could try setting up a new shortcut manually, I wrote a tutorial on how to set up mod-folder shortcuts a while back, you can find it on our site! ([Click here]). QG should be in a modfolder called "DBE1".

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
iceman11a
post Nov 15 2011, 20:08
Post #3

Ok, Sure can. I need to kow how to hide units, groups and Objects. Sorry there's no other way to explain that.

and as for your other questions. I have no idea. I was told that ArmA Gold is Armed Assault. Like I said. The only graphics that show or display when I do any thing it the game. or mission editor. Is that the words Royal Flush shows on every image I see. If you load the game in and want to play one of the Missions. It gives you 3 choices.

1) Royal Flush
2) Armed Assault
3) Rahmadi Conflict.

Those are the 3 choices I have when I want to play one of the missions that I can play that are stock for the ArmA Gold. I just want to know how to make missions for one or the other..

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 16 2011, 15:20
Post #4

Group Icon

I think I see now.

Royal Flush just comes up on the loading screens. All that means is that the expansion pack is loaded. It doesn't affect your ability to run any of the original content, you just get the Royal Flush loading screens.

The campaigns are just a handful of missions stringed together. When you make a mission, you aren't making one to fit somewhere in one of the campaigns (though if you've made several missions, you can make a campaign of your own!), you're making a mission by itself, like one of the ones you'd find in the single missions menu.

Still not too sure what you mean by "hiding units". If you mean something along the lines of "when the player goes to location A, he won't find enemies there, but if he then goes to location B and returns to location A, there will be enemies there", you'd be best having something along the lines of "when the player goes to location B, enemies from location C move to location A".

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
iceman11a
post Nov 18 2011, 21:19
Post #5

Sorry I couldn't get back with you sooner. I mean to hide some thing. Like "hideObject" that's in ArmA 2. I need to hide an unit or a group of units and so on. I was hoping there would be an option for that and I haven't fount any thing yet

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 18 2011, 22:22
Post #6

Group Icon

Ah.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no equivalent command in ArmA. Though I wasn't familiar with the hideobject command for ArmA.2 until now, so I might be wrong.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
iceman11a
post Nov 19 2011, 05:20
Post #7

Your not. It is available in ArmA 2. I was hoping there would be one in ArmA. So I'll have to come up with another idea. Thanks for your time

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:48