Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Real bad aim
seal
post Feb 24 2007, 08:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 621

Hey everyone,

I just had this game delievered from a friend's bf from czech and I'm somewhat liking it so far... my issues have been having to run somewhat lower setings to make up for the weird FPS stutter that I have (game runs on 30-40 FPS and then drops to 8 for a second every like 5-10 seconds) but that is something I will post about later smile.gif

my current issue right now is that my dude's aim is REAL bad! its happening with all types of guns, from tanks to sniper guns... I put the enemy right on the dot and the bullets go elsewhere! you can actually see the tracers just going all over the place except the crosshairs!

has anyone else had a problem with this? I was thinking it might be related to trackIR maybe, but I only use that while i'm flying or driving a vehicle, so I doubt that can be it sad.gif

ps: there is no way to change the language to english either I assume? half the things that is said on there my friend can't even translate lol... she doesnt even speak english well let alone translate terms that might be on there.... she said there was an option to change the language but when we clicked nothing happens sad.gif

thx

-Seal

Quote Post
King Homer
post Feb 24 2007, 09:52
Post #2

The King

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 5

Moving to Troubleshooting.

--------------------
Former "Uber"-Administrator.

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Feb 24 2007, 10:36
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

I've heard that there had been an issue with the copy right protection.
Usually the "bad aim" comes along with illegal versions.

Did you patch your game to 1.02?

--------------------

Quote Post
seal
post Feb 24 2007, 16:37
Post #4

QUOTE(Deadeye @ Feb 24 2007, 04:36) *

I've heard that there had been an issue with the copy right protection.
Usually the "bad aim" comes along with illegal versions.

Did you patch your game to 1.02?

yup, first thing I did...

Quote Post
DaRat
post Feb 24 2007, 16:41
Post #5

~Established April, 2004~

Member No.: 34

Have you ever played OFP? Perhaps you just aren't used to the crosshair method in the series. The rest of you must know what I mean? Pointing the crosshair slightly above and to the right of people? Escpecially in 3rd person while gunning on a tank..
Perhaps that's the problem?

Quote Post
NeMeSiS
post Feb 24 2007, 16:53
Post #6

Member No.: 7

Its fade, when reinstalling make sure you type the serial in ALL CAPS and make sure to use the correct patch (not for sprocket/other downloaded versions, thought there was an option but cant remember exactly, may have been for the German version)

--------------------
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.
[img]http://www.impossible-quiz.com/images/badges/95-3.gif[img]
Impossible Quiz

Quote Post
seal
post Feb 24 2007, 19:41
Post #7

QUOTE(NeMeSiS @ Feb 24 2007, 10:53) *

Its fade, when reinstalling make sure you type the serial in ALL CAPS and make sure to use the correct patch (not for sprocket/other downloaded versions, thought there was an option but cant remember exactly, may have been for the German version)

fade? I don't actually remember typgint he serial in caps him... Guess I could try reinstalling?

QUOTE(da rat @ Feb 24 2007, 10:41) *

Have you ever played OFP? Perhaps you just aren't used to the crosshair method in the series. The rest of you must know what I mean? Pointing the crosshair slightly above and to the right of people? Escpecially in 3rd person while gunning on a tank..
Perhaps that's the problem?

Yeah, I used to play it when it came out like years ago... its been so long I forgot the crosshairs were 'odd' in this game... I guess I'll just reinstall and see what happens! smile.gif

Quote Post
JdB
post Feb 24 2007, 19:50
Post #8

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(NeMeSiS @ Feb 24 2007, 16:53) *

According to Suma caps/non-caps should not matter, just like "0" = "O" or "I" = "1" because it's sometimes hard to distinguish from the manual.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
NeMeSiS
post Feb 24 2007, 19:57
Post #9

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(JdB @ Feb 24 2007, 19:50) *

According to Suma caps/non-caps should not matter, just like "0" = "O" or "I" = "1" because it's sometimes hard to distinguish from the manual.

Placebo posted this a while back, apperently there were some problems with users who typed in their serial in non-caps, the game worked but there were problems with the patches. (But may have been related to being unable to install the patches, cant remember excactly, but its sure that FADE has been activated)

--------------------
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.
[img]http://www.impossible-quiz.com/images/badges/95-3.gif[img]
Impossible Quiz

Quote Post
seal
post Feb 24 2007, 23:32
Post #10

Well I don't know what it was but I typed it all up in caps and it works now! I can actually shoot where I want! lol

now the other thing is, I keep getting CTDs sad.gif

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 17:23