Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stealth, Gaurds detecting bodies only
T4MP400
post Apr 15 2011, 16:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,719

éllo!
I am making a mission where you infiltrate a base but the thing is that I only want the gaurds to go alert (there is also supposed to be a flare and a alarm) when they find bodies of dead patrols or see my squad. So is there anyway to do this. I also would like to have the code for creating a flare in the air when we get detected.
Thanks in advance!

--------------------
Gunner: Sir! We are surrounded! Commander: Excellent! Then we can attack them from all directions!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 15 2011, 22:59
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

If you can find a way to get the guard who's being checked on (I'd guess you need knowsabout, I think there might be a way to return all the units a vehicle knowsabout as an array, but don't quote me on that), you can use the alive command (or, more accurately, the "not alive" command) to see if they're still alive.

A somewhat clunky way of doing it might be:
1. Check if guard1 knows about guard2
2. If so, check if guard2 is dead
3. If so, trigger the alarm script
4. If not, check if guard2 knows about guard1...
5. Repeat every 5 seconds
Pretty clunky, but it'll probably work.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
T4MP400
post Apr 16 2011, 08:29
Post #3

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Apr 15 2011, 23:59) *
If you can find a way to get the guard who's being checked on (I'd guess you need knowsabout, I think there might be a way to return all the units a vehicle knowsabout as an array, but don't quote me on that), you can use the alive command (or, more accurately, the "not alive" command) to see if they're still alive.

A somewhat clunky way of doing it might be:
1. Check if guard1 knows about guard2
2. If so, check if guard2 is dead
3. If so, trigger the alarm script
4. If not, check if guard2 knows about guard1...
5. Repeat every 5 seconds
Pretty clunky, but it'll probably work.

Doesnt gaurd2 have to be standing still? In the mission you are supposed to get past as many gaurds as possible, but if all gaurds are static that wont be any challange since you probably can just walk right past them. Is there any better way to make this work?

--------------------
Gunner: Sir! We are surrounded! Commander: Excellent! Then we can attack them from all directions!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 16 2011, 11:33
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

I don't follow, why would this require for guards to be standing still? A script like that wouldn't touch on the movement AI at all.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
T4MP400
post Apr 16 2011, 23:30
Post #5

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Apr 16 2011, 12:33) *
I don't follow, why would this require for guards to be standing still? A script like that wouldn't touch on the movement AI at all.

Oh sorry, understood that all wrong. I will try it out. Thanks

--------------------

Quote Post
seniyajw
post Jul 25 2011, 10:19
Post #6

Member No.: 9,134

Yeah that would be great, cheers thumbsup.gif Like I said before in my last post, just throw as many ideas as you want at me and i'll see how it goes.

--------------------
Signature Violation

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 17:04