Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Someone Should Make
Santini
post Nov 7 2009, 04:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 839

It would be nice if someone made fully stocked towns or bases that where not zipped up and could be used in the mission editor.

I seem to spend time creating towns full of people or soldiers. If there was a town already created I could just merge my units to raid or do missions against bases.

Like having traffic or active highways pre-built to save time when creating urban missions.

Hummm.....just an idea. blues.gif

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 7 2009, 18:39
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

This was done extensively in OFP... Karhu did something similar for ArmA called "Bases over Saharini" (though it was more oriented towards military objects, rather than civil ones)

Can only two of these, I seem to remeber a much larger project though
Set of bases over entire island
Prison Camp

The main problem is with prefab objects is that larger constructs generally don't tend to work well on uneven terrain, which limits their usefulness.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Toadball
post Nov 8 2009, 04:11
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

hmm given me a nice idea for a set of addon based scripts. Will have to plan this out and start work on it when I've got some more free time on my hands. smile.gif

Mark if you read this expect to have some fun in RTE whenever I'm not working ^^

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
Santini
post Nov 13 2009, 03:24
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 839

Hey Guys thanks for the replies.

I have been out of town, is why soon long to reply.

Pretty much what I mean is (and this may not be possible) If while in the mission editor I have a town , or airstrip or whatever, that is already standard on the map included in Arma2.

When I create a mission I have to place enemy units around the air strip or whatever and then make the patrol or stand guard or (again) whatever. Then I place some civilians and traffic around the map.

It would be nice is if those guards, civilians, traffic had already been created in a mission that I could open in the editor and then create a mission. All I have to do is add my units. Thus saving me time from setting up the guards, patrols, civis, traffic.

This would be great for me to make missions fast.

Maybe that is what you guys understood me to say in my first post...not sure.

Is it possible to create a mission and then save it without making an .pbo that could be distributed to be opened in the editor and added to?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 13 2009, 08:24
Post #5

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Yes, there's no reason you couldn't do that.

Also, please note this is the ArmA mission editing section, if you wish to discuss ArmA.2 we have a relevant section for that elsewhere. I won't move this thread because it's still relevant for ArmA, but bear this in mind.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 14:49