JdB
post Sep 18 2009, 13:05
Post #5

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(OFPCAT @ Sep 18 2009, 07:41) *
Would it be any winter troops included?

Yes, it took place during winter, of course there will be winter clothing.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
OFPCAT
post Sep 19 2009, 00:59
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,756

Great, really worthy waiting for the Mod! Just imagine historically accurate WaffenSS and Allies winter troops and those vehicles in winter camo...

Quote Post
SGT123
post Sep 19 2009, 14:07
Post #7

Member No.: 1,355

to be honest im a little sad you choose the SS if you would have choosen say the Wehrmacht i would not have any feelings what so ever about it since the Wehrmacht was those soldiers who only fought for their country
but to be in the SS you had to be selected wich usually ment people with very high respect for the nazi party and their ideas

and if you are making a game about the ss take into account there are those who would be offended and hurt since many of us have relatives (mostly old ones) who had to endure through that time one thing remains the same whether they where russinas ,polish,jews gipsy's or whatever when you say the name SS near them they get more then upset ( Wehrmacht doesnt have the same affect)

you have to have a little reminder of their crimes even if as you say they not ALL to blame a very large portion of the SS was in one way or another apart of the murders that took place.

for your consideration

heres a little about the ss :

The Waffen-SS (German for "Armed SS", literally "Weapons SS") was the combat arm of the Schutzstaffel ("Protective Squadron") or SS, an organ of the Nazi Party. The Waffen-SS saw action throughout World War II and grew from three regiments to over 38 divisions, and served alongside the Wehrmacht Heer regular army, but was never formally part of it. It was Adolf Hitler's will that the Waffen-SS never be integrated into the army: it was to remain the armed wing of the Party and to become an elite police force once the war was over.[1] Operational control of units on the front line was given to the Army's High Command, but in all other respects it remained under the control of Reichsführer Heinrich Himmler's SS organization, through the SS Führungshauptamt, literally The SS Guidance Principal Office.

After the war at the Nuremberg Trials, the Waffen-SS was condemned as a criminal organisation due to its essential connection to the Nazi Party and its involvement in war crimes. Waffen-SS veterans were denied many of the rights afforded to veterans who had served in the Heer (army), Luftwaffe (air force) or Kriegsmarine (navy). The exception made was for Waffen-SS conscripts sworn in after 1943, who were exempted due to their involuntary servitude

This post has been edited by SGT123: Sep 19 2009, 14:10

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Sep 19 2009, 15:24
Post #8

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

If anybody else would like to berate at the Invasion 1944 team for including things they don't think in good taste. It's your opinion and yours only. The authors can choose whichever units they want. Surely if you're going along the lines of "Oh the Holocaust was terrible let's never forget it" then having a historical representation of them in a military simulation does that to an extent. Maybe you should also note that John is from the Netherlands. I wonder what happened there in the 2nd World War... tiredsmiley.gif

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 19 2009, 18:07
Post #9

Hipster addonmaker

Edit

This post has been edited by JdB: Oct 13 2010, 17:59

--------------------

Quote Post
Spacesoviet
post Sep 19 2009, 18:27
Post #10

Member No.: 1,241

I like the idea of a german tank crew campaign, we never had the occasion to play that, godd luck for this mod! thumbsup.gif

Quote Post
DaKa
post Sep 19 2009, 23:16
Post #11

Member No.: 3,397

I like the idea of the german side to be played with.

Not wanting to be off-topic, and this is just for enlightement. No pun intended to anyone! I agree with I44 John. Although the SS had commited crimes, most of them were shortly executed later for it. Most people don't know, gad an "Honor Rule" (I've given it this name, because I don't really know how to translate it to english). That honor rule was the center of them, and they had to stick to it, otherwise they would have been thrown out, or killed. The SS was the elite, and most of their commanders knew that in order for them to stay the best, they have to be as clean as possible. They were executed if they were caught raping or pillaging (of course not all of them were caught). The biggest mess in the civilian life of their own, or other USSR countries were done by russians. Stalin had a "special unit" which's task was burning down villages starting from Ucraine and headed to Russia in german uniforms to turn the people against germany. I'm not saying the germans we're clean, but most pictures you see in archives showing hanged civvies... well, they were done by the russians, to get the people against the germans (if you remember and saw on Discovery channel, the russian people waved and gave flowers to the german troops... they were greeted as liberators). Of course the Gestapo and some special SS units took their cut of the atrocities too. So no side was clean, not even the US/UK and other western allies (executing POWs, bombing villages, even read about an officer who was tied on a tank to be filled with bullets later). Don't forget that in every country people were DRAGGED to the Army to join, and not many shared the ideoligy.

What thing you see in the CODs, or MOHAAs... well, they are being shown as heroes, but in my eyes the only heroes are the civvies, who managed to stay alive and get through with the misery of a war. Of course the victors always write history (ALWAYS THEY ARE WRITING IT!), and most of the atrocities done by Allies (lets face it, every country had its maniacs) have never seen sunlight.

Just for anyone to know: I'm from Transilvania, and believe me, we too had our share of atrocities from the germans and russians too. I just like Impartial-as-Possible version of History.

Okay, back to topic:

Darn I can't wait to play this mod! Shooting an 88, and seeing how it opens up an enemy tank (which is sparkling like a firecracker after it)... aaah that would make my day HAHA!

P.S.: Sorry for massive off-topic content... my first novel LOL! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by DaKa: Sep 19 2009, 23:18

Quote Post
OFPCAT
post Sep 20 2009, 01:48
Post #12

Member No.: 5,756

It's just a game and let's not to deivate from the game topic. We know the histroy well and don't need to get another teaching here. And it donesn't mean you like Nazi when you play german in a game. Even if somebody claims he never would like to take a german role and also doesn't mean he really hates german. Just take it easy and enjoy the nice warfare simulations from this skillful Mod., I44.
In addition, not only german in the game and you could also play Allies if you don't like to take german roles. The scenario of 'Battle of Bulge", a most expected thing in ARMA2!!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 20 2009, 02:56
Post #13

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

I want to know why no one's made WW2 from the perspective of the famous French and Polish resistance fighters yet...

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Rewan
post Sep 20 2009, 11:42
Post #14

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Beast of War
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 12

Because it's hard I suppose...

--------------------
This is my totaly useless signature

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
Gielovic
post Sep 20 2009, 18:42
Post #15

Member No.: 187

Hello guys,

Great to see the Battle of the Bulge returning to my screen biggrin.gif. I played a lot of Close Combat 4 in the old days, where you could either play as Germans or Allies. It might be nice to have a look at that game as reference. It features a (not photorealistic) map with all the keypoints/supply spots/etc. of the battle. I don't know if it's 100% accurate but you can always have a look of course.
In my opinion it would be nice to play as a German, although we don't want to win in that case of course. Luckily the Germans didn't win in the end, but I guess that has all to do with the weather clearing up, allowing the Allied Airforce to blow up most of the german tanks. And of course the offensive of General Patton to rescue the 101 at Bastogne.

I once read something about American Forces diggin in using TNT to create manholes. Might be a nice feature biggrin.gif

Good luck, can't wait

Quote Post
SGT123
post Sep 21 2009, 16:48
Post #16

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(Blackbuck @ Sep 19 2009, 17:24) *
If anybody else would like to berate at the Invasion 1944 team for including things they don't think in good taste. It's your opinion and yours only. The authors can choose whichever units they want. Surely if you're going along the lines of "Oh the Holocaust was terrible let's never forget it" then having a historical representation of them in a military simulation does that to an extent. Maybe you should also note that John is from the Netherlands. I wonder what happened there in the 2nd World War... tiredsmiley.gif

i didnt say DONT or CANT i just said that while this seems like its just a game this was a very painful era for many people and not including a refrence to the suffering is for lack of a better word is just inconsiderate to many whos grandpas and even dads still hurt from the nazies and their deeds this is MY OPINION and i never said they where anything but my opinions it would be very nice of anyone creating anything about the era to take this into consideration
and i added some data since the writer of this topic stated that the SS was mostly just regular soldiers ,the ONLY body in the whole war you CANT say that about is the SS if the Nazies where the head of this terror regime the SS was its fist and enforcer (not the wehrmacht or the Kriegsmarine or any other military body) and even tough they fought as soldiers they where far from regular soldiers and this is NOT my OPINION but simple facts (again not ALL of them but many)
even the heer (army) was a little worried about their growing power

i didnt say anything bad about the idea of playing as germans (wich i think is a really good idea there where german regular tank battalions with even the tiger tanks) or anything bad about the author or heavens forbid the I44 team wich makes one of the best Mods out there

take things in prespective friends i think it was just important to give a diffrent point of view the final result will have nothing to do with my wishes or thoughts rather they will be (like it or not) the creations of this team thats it

oh yea also found some info about tiger tanks if you need it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWCveR-bT8o...feature=related watch all five parts hopes this aids in your plans
no matter what your doing a really good job hope you take some of the things i said into consideration

This post has been edited by SGT123: Sep 21 2009, 22:54

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 21 2009, 22:55
Post #17

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(SGT123 @ Sep 21 2009, 17:48) *
no matter what your doing a really good job hope you take some of the things i said into consideration

We will of course include a text (campaign intro or something like that) about the crimes committed by KG Peiper (not about the Waffen SS as a whole since we're only creating a small part of their history).

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 2 2009, 18:28
Post #18

Hipster addonmaker

News has been [posted] on our site about the ArmA1 -> ArmA2 port of the D-Day project.

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Dec 3 2009, 08:00
Post #19

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Topic moved to modifications forum and pinned.

Looking forward to any and all upcoming news, John smile.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 10 2010, 01:19
Post #20

Hipster addonmaker

Edit

This post has been edited by JdB: Oct 13 2010, 18:00

--------------------

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 00:09