> Fantasy Fans?
Avalla'ch
post Aug 27 2008, 10:00
Post #21

He's called 'Fingers' Vagin. Cute name.

Group: Members
Member No.: 213

QUOTE(pMASTER @ Aug 27 2008, 01:46) *
The reason why I asked this reason in the first place was my curiosity what may people make excited about these stories which are pretty much the same all the time...

you mean all of us in general ? blink.gif

--------------------
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details. - BG2
Formerly known as Salvatore_Lee© (In nomine Memory! and Rot In Pieces!)

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 13 2012, 04:46
Post #22

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

Remember this topic?
Well, I did.
I've devoured tons of fantasy books since and even though I enjoyed them I always kinda felt that something was missing to satisfy me to the fullest. It's difficult to explain what I'm actually up to... I feel I'd like most something in between The Lord of the Ring's level of black-and-white fairy tale High Fantasy and rather dark fantasy like A Song of Ice and Fire where the thin line between good and evil is blurred in a way even more extreme than it is in our real world.
And being the grounded cripple I am right now, I started to write a fantasy story on my own. Not to publish it, I guess none of us would live to see the day, but to find out what exactly I found missing and to show myself that I can be creative enough.
Everybody's got to have a hobby, I'd say. And as I learn Icelandic and Chinese these days - I sh*t you not by the way - I was in the right mood to begin the creation of a fantastic realm. No matter who you are or what resources you have, it's really difficult to do this without borrowing too much stuff from existing stories. My borrowings hardly go beyond the existance of sword wielding men, Elves, Orcs and Dwarves though. The story is set to mean something and resemble a thing that's been haunting me every now and again ever since I became a sentient being - that is why this world (and most likely any other world, too) can produce a Mother Theresa as well as a Heinrich Himmler and why that never stops.

This is gonna be intriguing. smile.gif

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Daniel
post Feb 13 2012, 19:51
Post #23

ARCP Winner 2007

Group: Members
Member No.: 100

Sounds good! I always thought i'd write a novel some day, just to prove to myself I had it in me. Certainly does sound intriguing, best of luck with it!

--------------------
OFP/Arma addict turned forum lurker.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 13 2012, 20:28
Post #24

Group Icon

Thanks!
I used to laugh at my parents for always wanting me to do something creative with my time but now I can only recommend it. No matter how much time you put into it, strangely enough it's always refreshing.
Regarding the things I want to do differently... it's anything from simple tweaks to the biggest deals of the plot. Just an example: The "good guys" of my story will come from the east. Did it ever occur to you that no matter what genre of fiction the east is always associated with the evil? Hence no evil in the east with me. Or another thing: Of course I will come up with an evil force of corruption to serve as the villain. But in fantasy there is always a magic ring or magic sword or a spell that needs to be broken for the villain to be defeated. Not with me, though. My villain will be the kind of the evil that every sentient being can carry within and it will not be defeatable with weapons or the destruction of some artifact - leaving it up to imagination if this evil really exists or if it is buit a metaphor.

Aye, to the tavern lads!

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Jul 23 2012, 11:36
Post #25

Group Icon

Edited pending revision... not steampunk-wise, though.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 23 2012, 13:15
Post #26

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Too cliche, but also, at the same time, not cliche enough. Replace all the characters with steampunk Orcs.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Jul 23 2012, 20:10
Post #27

Group Icon

Steampunk, eh? rofl.gif

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 22:49