IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 31ST NORMANDY MOD - WW2, For WW2 fans!
rip31st
post Nov 14 2008, 12:04
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 3,900

I see there is a lot of traffic for the WWII mod on this site so I will also be adding my support here as well.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, ideas, rants, or want to help out, this thread is where to do it.

Here's whats going on today:

-Bf109f4 secondary weapon does not fire. I actually knew about that but you are the first to mention it. It will be addressed. The 250kg bomb does work though.

-Tank crews and officers are in work. Pilots - pilots aren't. - yet.

-Static versions of the AT guns will be added.
-Smaller maps are down the line somewhere, or if someone decides they want to do one, more power to them.

-US 29th, 4th & 1st are put in on the list.

-Some very nice looking British troops are in the works at the moment.

I'm open for a creative hand when it comes to texturing, just drop me a PM. I will consider having more details added to the 101st. The ones we have for the 101st are very good though. A lot of people like them. Same with the 2nd.

UPDATE:

MAP additions in progress:

-Added ten more towns to the existing map on the Cherbourg pan handle. Removed some objects that were misplaced on the road in Carentan and in the forest to the south and north of that town. Removed an out of place fence near the Army base area of Cherbourg. More towns and terrain features to be added very soon as well as some ground texture color changes..

GERMANS!

-The grey suits are back for the Wermacht! Heer will be wearing them soon in the next update.

COCKPITS!

-Bf109 cockpit in the texturing phase.

TANKS!

-Replacement/Addition. I should say addition more then replacement. Some of the pics of tanks featured in the WIP thread and on the Cover page of the mod at Armaholic will be making their way to your hands very soon.

-Firefly is nearly complete.
-Another Sherman in the works.
-Cromwell in the works.
-PZ4H had a lot of rework. Added additional panel to side skirting, raised the skirting around the turret and evened it out, replaced the muzzle brake with a much nicer brake.
-Stuart in work.
-PZ4G in work. Two versions
-Lancaster Cockpit waiting for paint.
-P38 Lightning in work.
-V1 rocket on the slate.
-Lots and lots of half-tracks both Allied and Axis.
-WC 51 body update and retexturing in progress.

And a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember. Head is spinning with ideas as usual.

Thanks for the input!

I will put the mod info later in the first post of this thread.

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Nov 14 2008, 18:09
Post #2

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

Welcome on Armed Assault.info Forums biggrin.gif

I hope we can help the Mod to be known and played.

Go on the good job, as I believe a lot of players are waiting for this WW2 Mod to be THE WW2 MOD

Edit : After having posted on the BI Forums this morning I have re-installed Call of Duty and Combat Mission:Beyond Overlord and open again TacOps . Well I do prefer playing ArmA, but the tactical level is so good to play on "small" map that I can confirm what I have said previously on the BI Forums, we do need small maps with more broken features and hedged farmland environment.

--------------------

Quote Post
xEnigmax
post Nov 14 2008, 18:39
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 952

Often Wondered when we'd get here smile.gif

I'm currently reworking the Pershing Tank texture to a much higher level.
hopefully to be included in a patch in the future.

--------------------

WW2 Fanatic.

Quote Post
rip31st
post Nov 15 2008, 06:03
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(Old Bear @ Nov 14 2008, 09:09) *
Welcome on Armed Assault.info Forums biggrin.gif

I hope we can help the Mod to be known and played.

Go on the good job, as I believe a lot of players are waiting for this WW2 Mod to be THE WW2 MOD

Edit : After having posted on the BI Forums this morning I have re-installed Call of Duty and Combat Mission:Beyond Overlord and open again TacOps . Well I do prefer playing ArmA, but the tactical level is so good to play on "small" map that I can confirm what I have said previously on the BI Forums, we do need small maps with more broken features and hedged farmland environment.

I could do smaller maps when I get some time. I will keep it in mind.

Quote Post
Wulfie
post Nov 22 2008, 16:26
Post #5

Member No.: 4,470

just wondering if yous are thinking of a Ju-87 stuka in the future at all? smile.gif

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Nov 22 2008, 16:39
Post #6

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

I'm not sure that the Ju-87 would of been operated around Normandy. At that point in the war F model 190s seem more appropriate.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Wulfie
post Nov 22 2008, 17:25
Post #7

Member No.: 4,470

yeah your right come to think of it He-111 and ju-87s would have been pritty rare in the sky's in 44

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Nov 22 2008, 17:58
Post #8

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

111's not all that rare, H-16s etc but yeah I'd think the majority of things would be 109s, 190s, 410s, 188s etc. And of course most of the allied air force mellow.gif

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
xEnigmax
post Nov 24 2008, 22:40
Post #9

i think the stuka did see limited use in normandy,
but as has been said before some stuff is included in this phase (normandy)
for balance and gameplay.
such as the Pershing to balance out the allied weak tank force.

i know there is a JU-87 in the works.
when it will get in game and dive bombing i dont know.

--------------------

WW2 Fanatic.

Quote Post
Toadball
post Nov 25 2008, 02:46
Post #10

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

QUOTE(xEnigmax @ Nov 24 2008, 21:40) *
for balance and gameplay.

In all honesty, gameplay can be achieved through other means than ballance, which as far as I'm aware, there wasn't a lot of around the D-Day landings, or much of in WWII or any other war for that matter. If anything the normandy landings were possibly one of the most risky operations on the western front, if they'd gone to the dogs personally I'd say it's highly likely that the war would have taken a rather different course.

Other than that the mod looks like it's coming along ok, slowly but it shows progress smile.gif Especially looking forward to the new version of the Normandy terrain.

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
xEnigmax
post Nov 25 2008, 03:33
Post #11

it's not about 100% historical accuracy or perfection,
it's about fun and getting ww2 into arma.
coming along slowly made me laugh as it went from beginning to beta in 90 days smile.gif

the balance factor was IMO totally needed.
the allies had nothing armored wise that would have stood up to the tigers and panthers in anything but large numbers.

YES,
you may say this is historically accurate,
but needing 6 tanks to take one tiger is going to be awkward online when you need 18 people to fill out the 6 tanks and there's only 16 on your team

with the Pershing it's not there in history.
but not the allies have something heavier to hit back until the accurate Sherman firefly appears in the future.

the stuka should be in this release as i feel this map also can cover the battle of Britain,
it covers the french coast and inland and also a large section of Europe.
stuka was used in the battle of Britain (although suffered heavy losses and was pulled out from cross channel attacks after a while)
it was still nonetheless there.

if the landings had failed.
the war would have be different i do agree.
but the outcome the same in my opinion.

Germany would have fell to the Russians and they would occupy Europe.
where it goes from there is up to you.
someone needs to get a campaign in the making showing what happens when landings fail and Russians takes over Europe tongue.gif

--------------------

WW2 Fanatic.

Quote Post
rip31st
post Nov 25 2008, 11:05
Post #12

Group Icon

I have two historians working on putting together some single player and multiplayer missions/scenarios with equipment from the time frame that will satisfy the history buffs.

The 31st Normandy mod is just a name I came up with. I had originally intended it to feature a small map of just the area around Omaha beach but got lots of people involved that convinced me to go all out and do otherwise. So there ya go. We are making everything and anything WWII.

The next update features a much needed upgrade to the current map including lots of vegetation, many more towns, lots of terrain relief, and smaller distances to travel between towns. The update will include several more vehicles such as a P38 Lightning, some more tanks, a V1 rocket, some cockpits for some of the planes, revised weapons that will give the AI ability to engage further out. Possibly a sound replacement for a lot of weapons that need it. The JU-87 stuka and FW190 are also on the list, as the North American P51-D is as well. A couple versions of the Sherman tank, firefly will make the bill as well as a cromwell and a few more allied tanks. If you like half tracks you will like the next update. Several of them are currently in work.

Another type of mission will be introduced that is similar to capture the flag. It will feature a "front" and give a campaign feeling.

Quote Post
Rewan
post Nov 25 2008, 20:35
Post #13

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Beast of War
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 12

CITATION
It will feature a "front" and give a campaign feeling.

Mission like the Tug Of War ones in WiC ?

--------------------
This is my totaly useless signature

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
rip31st
post Dec 1 2008, 06:58
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(Rewan @ Nov 25 2008, 11:35) *
Mission like the Tug Of War ones in WiC ?

Not sure what that is but if you can imagine a campaign style mission featuring a front or battle front line that moves according to what side owns what towns, then that's pretty much what I'm looking at doing. I'm trying to put enough towns and features on that map that would give you a 3 abreast situation where you'd have a frontal system with those 3 towns.

Quote Post
rip31st
post Dec 18 2008, 05:04
Post #15

Group Icon

Quick WIP pic of Pointe du hoc. Other pics are posted on Armaholic and BIS.

IF you look below I am putting in fixed ropes for the cliffs where ever you see a grappling rope. I just started installing them. Obviously there is a lot of work to do yet.

Someone else mentioned about missing tradtional werhmacht from vilas AI in the mod. Yes they are. They have been replaced. I already have added some more heer to the pack along with several more infantry including tank crews, etc. Keep an eye out for updates.

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 18:48