IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Armed Assault 2 - Civilian and Fraction, How are the Civilian being used?
Nick
post Aug 26 2008, 06:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,060

I read that Armed Assault 2 will have civilian ingame by default. In order to know the difference from a unit being place on the map as we usually do, what behavior will they have?

Will the fraction in the game take them as hostages as a mission or campaign progress?
It would be nice to see the ability to have hostages taken, but as I read there are few building if
any that can be enter. Armed Assault 2 is suppose to be an advance simulation. The pieces are
there but from information I can gather, they are not use intelligently.

These default civilian, how will they behave a night? Walking around like we place them on the map or
in building sleeping. If they are sleeping how will they react to encounters?

This post has been edited by Nick: Aug 26 2008, 06:05

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Aug 26 2008, 09:54
Post #2

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Nick @ Aug 26 2008, 07:03) *
I read that Armed Assault 2 will have civilian ingame by default. In order to know the difference from a unit being place on the map as we usually do, what behavior will they have?

Will the fraction in the game take them as hostages as a mission or campaign progress?
It would be nice to see the ability to have hostages taken, but as I read there are few building if
any that can be enter. Armed Assault 2 is suppose to be an advance simulation. The pieces are
there but from information I can gather, they are not use intelligently.

These default civilian, how will they behave a night? Walking around like we place them on the map or
in building sleeping. If they are sleeping how will they react to encounters?

1. By default is not 100% correct. You will have to place them in the editor first (but I'm sure there will be scripts out for that in no time after the release). The civs will more around in the city, and as far as I've heard they will react to combat (if the city is under fire they will try to take cover &flee).

2. Hostages? We don't know yet as details of the campaign hasn't been released.

3. Night? Sorry don't know

Remeber it's still WIP

--------------------

Quote Post
NeMeSiS
post Aug 26 2008, 16:11
Post #3

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(Deadeye @ Aug 26 2008, 10:54) *
1. By default is not 100% correct. You will have to place them in the editor first (but I'm sure there will be scripts out for that in no time after the release). The civs will more around in the city, and as far as I've heard they will react to combat (if the city is under fire they will try to take cover &flee).

IIRC we get some commands to enable civilian+wildlife automatically, so you dont need to place stuff anymore. It's somewhere on the BI forums but currently i cant be arsed to read trough 30000 useless suggestions to find 1 useful post.

--------------------
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.
[img]http://www.impossible-quiz.com/images/badges/95-3.gif[img]
Impossible Quiz

Quote Post
Nick
post Aug 27 2008, 01:10
Post #4

Well, Yesterday August 25, 2008 there news at the convention were Arma was present, about Civilian
and a Group of Fraction for both side in the conflict. I assume that the Fractions would be there by default to (what I mean about assume is I can not quote somewhere).

Well, I quess I learn more as time progresses. I will still track this post.

This post has been edited by Nick: Aug 27 2008, 01:10

Quote Post
NeMeSiS
post Aug 27 2008, 02:35
Post #5

Member No.: 7

Well W0lle's report talked about random patrols but we dont really know if they were preplaced or not because he couldnt study everything.

--------------------
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.
[img]http://www.impossible-quiz.com/images/badges/95-3.gif[img]
Impossible Quiz

Quote Post
Nick
post Aug 27 2008, 05:06
Post #6

Random Patrols, used as default, hey that would be nice. It leave the door open for
Fractions group to have an dynamic AI. Maybe that the answer, the AI of the Fractions
that will be used by ArmA 2. It would be a waste of time if the Fraction Group there only
attack soldiers!

It would be nice if the Fractions and Civilians AI in ArmA 2 work similar this;
The AI would react base on three colors Red, Yellow and Green,
At Green, the Fractions AI would move about civilian area neutrally,
At Yellow, the Fractions AI would lead or move with the civilian in retreat(at move with the civil authority there could lead retreat),
At Red, the Fractions AI could analyze the area (possible movein to take Hostage(s), and
Is it possible for these groups to have a dynamic AI like that?

What would you have?

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Aug 27 2008, 17:37
Post #7

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

from the vidio on the mainpage looks like there behaviour is controlled using scripts and triggers.

--------------------

Quote Post
Stavrogin1980
post Aug 29 2008, 16:23
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 2,957

I'll just write this, and check my own post 10 months later...
So... you wanted to know something about Civilians and Fractions in ArmedAss2? How are the Civilian being used?
So do I, and I think they will be used exactly the same way as they are used now. Oh, and in the campaign there will be a script that allows you to ask
any civilian what time is it, and he\she will tell that he \ she saw a Russian tank not so long ago smile.gif

Quote Post
Nick
post Aug 30 2008, 05:16
Post #9

Is that all, does any Fractions Leader do anything? Like organize civilian to throw ROCK, OR WHAT EVER. Using the fractions to intervine. There much be more there for
a MOD to create with.

What does the Fractions element do?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 30 2008, 11:48
Post #10

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Nick @ Aug 30 2008, 05:16) *
Is that all, does any Fractions Leader do anything? Like organize civilian to throw ROCK, OR WHAT EVER. Using the fractions to intervine. There much be more there for
a MOD to create with.

What does the Fractions element do?

Presumably it's just another level to clear things up.

If you look at the layout in ArmA1, and, indeed OFP, you've got East, West, Resistance and Civil. So if someone was to add, say, Iranian Troops to the OPFOR section, they'd have to appear in the same area as the Soviet/SLA troops, or create a new classtype for them, which is a good solution for a single addon, but eventually things tend to get a bit bogged down with large numbers of addons as they all use they're own class names.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Big_Rooney
post Oct 1 2008, 04:35
Post #11

Member No.: 1,271

I thought that the factions and civilians are based around a certain military performance. Say your squad goes into a village and slaughters 60% of the civs, they civilian population and factions would turn against your side and attack your forces whenever they encountered them, but they would help and support the other side if they have not done anything against them. Similar to the way Metal Gear Solid 4 works.

--------------------

Irish and Proud of it - You got a problem with that.

Quote Post
Nick
post Oct 1 2008, 06:34
Post #12

The oppinon I got is that both side will have a fraction group in there favor and civilian will start neutral. The fractions will look like civilians. How the civilian will be influence I do not know.
You do not have to kill the civilians, just destroy a farm, or any significant structure might turn them
against you.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:44